the "just plain ugly" car thread

-> ...
The 2016 Toyota Prius looks absolutely awful.

:crazy:

^ You can thank the Mirai for the inspiration:

prius_13.jpg

^ I call the current Prius:

Prius 'Stache
2016-toyota-prius-two-hatchback-front-view.png

priusmustache-550x309.jpg

front-3-4-red_0.jpg

Saw one of these at the mall. It's quite an odd mishmash of ideas and designs. The futuristic mold of the front and sides really don't match with the top of the vehicle, the lines lead to no where or big bulges that do nothing for the eye, lots of busy stuff, etc. The wheels are also pretty woeful.

front-3-4-red_0.jpg

Saw one of these at the mall. It's quite an odd mishmash of ideas and designs. The futuristic mold of the front and sides really don't match with the top of the vehicle, the lines lead to no where or big bulges that do nothing for the eye, lots of busy stuff, etc. The wheels are also pretty woeful.

Whenever I see the rear fender skirts on that car, I immediately think of the Caprice Classic.

I thought that fad died out many decades ago.

italdesign-zerouno_100594354_h.jpg

The rear half of the car is badly proportioned. No, make that horribly proportioned. And we haven't even got around to the front yet...
Italdesign-Zerouno.jpg

It just looks dumb.

To be honest, it wasn't just the exterior of the Allegro that was ugly, but it's interior was equally ghastly;

Austin Allegro interior.jpg

Austin Allegro interior...jpg

The dodgy standard square steering wheel, like in the first pic, was certainly an odd one, and as with those two pics, the brown option interior was just a sea of horrendous dull brown vinyl, velour and iffy plastics :yuck:. And it wasn't much better in any other colour either, as I remember seeing one stop at a set of lights not too long (suprised it was still going to be honest :lol: ), and it had a nasty bright yellow interior :yuck:.

The dodgy standard square steering wheel, like in the first pic, was certainly an odd one, and as with those two pics, the brown option interior was just a sea of horrendous dull brown vinyl, velour and iffy plastics :yuck:. And it wasn't much better in any other colour either, as I remember seeing one stop at a set of lights not too long (suprised it was still going to be honest :lol: ), and it had a nasty bright yellow interior :yuck:.
What was with car manufactures in the 1970s and the color brown?

Double post....

Just saw pictures of a Skoda Kodiaq. Not pretty. :ill:
Skoda~Kodiaq~2017~(1).jpg

11efaaaac28d4c3d16c075cbeae73fc2.jpg
The styling here is more generic than ugly. The rear end could use some fixing, but otherwise it's an inoffensive design.

Last edited:
I like the "sporty" look of it but god i hate the weird panel part between the logo and the "Lexus" mesh grill.
toyota-camry-detroit-front.jpg

Also what's with those side...things?

I like the "sporty" look of it but god i hate the weird panel part between the logo and the "Lexus" mesh grill.
toyota-camry-detroit-front.jpg

Also what's with those side...things?
I saw a brand new Camry XSE today on the road. It's uglier in actuality than in pictures, unfortunately.

I saw a brand new Camry XSE today on the road. It's uglier in actuality than in pictures, unfortunately.
Wait, they already started selling them over there? Hmm...

...at least we are finally getting a proper V6 Camry thanks to Toyota Australia factory shutting down and therefore no more of Aurion V6 crap.

It looks like a car that could be decently okay looking if they did a rehash of everything on the front. In fact, the front end on that Skoda looks like it would work much better than the normal Toyota front end. The headlights might not even need to be changed...

Back