the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,448 views
As a whole the new 7 series wouldn't look too bad, perhaps a bit overstyled in some places, but that's assuming you can look past those kidneys...

p90333086-highres.jpg
 
As a whole the new 7 series wouldn't look too bad, perhaps a bit overstyled in some places, but that's assuming you can look past those kidneys...

p90333086-highres.jpg

:sick:
 
Good lord, I thought that was photoshopped at first glance. What were they thinking?!
 
As a whole the new 7 series wouldn't look too bad, perhaps a bit overstyled in some places, but that's assuming you can look past those kidneys...

p90333086-highres.jpg
Screenshot_20190122-125012__01.jpg


If the trend continues we will have kidneys on four wheels in a few years.:lol:
 
I guess if one these were to ever catch fire (with no-one behind the wheel of course), that kidney grille could come in handy...

71bwwTLdVfL._SX355_.jpg
 
I love BMWs as much as the next guy, but WOW.
THAT GRILLE.
I guess if one these were to ever catch fire (with no-one behind the wheel of course), that kidney grille could come in handy...

71bwwTLdVfL._SX355_.jpg

I'm assuming that it's the intended use for kidneys this big :D
 
That rear end is making me think of the Ford Explorer.
 
I don't see what's ugly about it. Personally, the more straight edges and upright styling look suits SUVs way more than sports car style curves.
 
VXR
I don't see what's ugly about it. Personally, the more straight edges and upright styling look suits SUVs way more than sports car style curves.


I'd go as far as saying that it's Honda's least visually offensive car right now.
 
VXR
I don't see what's ugly about it. Personally, the more straight edges and upright styling look suits SUVs way more than sports car style curves.
It somewhat reminds me of the dynamic shield front fascia found in recent Mitsubishi models. At first, it's impressing but the design would eventually just get lame and tiresome to look at in the long run.

images
 
The result of an ITALIAN brand taking ownership of an AMERICAN classic brand.....


How did we go from the handsome rugged Cherokee XJ, to this round, kia-wannabe, 4 cylinder, economy car?? :yuck:

Don't even ask about the Renegade.... :lol:
 
The result of an ITALIAN brand taking ownership of an AMERICAN classic brand.....


How did we go from the handsome rugged Cherokee XJ, to this round, kia-wannabe, 4 cylinder, economy car?? :yuck:

Don't even ask about the Renegade.... :lol:
While I also don't like what direction they're heading into in terms of design, I would go far to say that at least it's not as worse as this. :lol::lol::lol:

images
 
The result of an ITALIAN brand taking ownership of an AMERICAN classic brand.....
Tbf, that generation Cherokee came out in 2013. FCA was officially formed in 2014. Considering how long it takes for a car to be designed, I don't think Fiat had much influence on the design
 
Tbf, that generation Cherokee came out in 2013. FCA was officially formed in 2014. Considering how long it takes for a car to be designed, I don't think Fiat had much influence on the design
wiki.PNG
 
Besides the dumb regulation bumper extension, I honestly don't see what's wrong with the Nitro besides the whole SUV bit.
 
The result of an ITALIAN brand taking ownership of an AMERICAN classic brand.....


How did we go from the handsome rugged Cherokee XJ, to this round, kia-wannabe, 4 cylinder, economy car?? :yuck:

Don't even ask about the Renegade.... :lol:
Although it's not a bad car, I'll stick with this Jeep SUV:
Jeep-Wagoneer-1600x1068.jpg
 
Renault_Scénic_RX4_front.jpg


Thing is...I actually like the paint color. That only makes it worse.
 
And here I was thinking I'd forgotten that existed. :indiff:

Hmm... I see your Scenic, and raise you

$_86.JPG
 
Why does Kia try to mimic some design cues of Cadillac when they made this SUV? Their older flagship SUV looks much better way back then.

images
 
Back