the "just plain ugly" car thread

Their older flagship SUV looks much better way back then.
Do you mean this?
Kia-Sportage-1999-10.jpg

I think it looks a bit better also. When I first saw the Telluride I thought it was a brand new Ford Expedition redesign.

Do you mean this?
Kia-Sportage-1999-10.jpg

I think it looks a bit better also. When I first saw the Telluride I thought it was a brand new Ford Expedition redesign.
That's not their previous flagship SUV. That's one of their older compact SUVs way back from the '00s era. I was referring to this one, which looks cool and more American, too. It also somewhat resembles the older Grand Cherokee.

kia-mohave-2.jpg

That's not their previous flagship SUV. That's one of their older compact SUVs way back from the '00s era. I was referring to this one, which looks cool and more American, too. It also somewhat resembles the older Grand Cherokee.

kia-mohave-2.jpg
I personally think that the Telluride looks a hell of a lot better than whatever that is. Especially those wheels.

kia-mohave-2.jpg

If you look in the dictionary for the definition of the words bland, featureless and boring, they all have a picture of a Borrego as an example.

If you look in the dictionary for the definition of the words bland, featureless and boring, they all have a picture of a Borrego as an example.
Well, I can't force other people into believing my opinion, especially since each have a different taste when it comes to these sorts of things.

Speaking of South Korean cars, this is abysmal to look at. A lot of cars can look unflattering if you don’t take good pictures of them- this one is ugly, regardless how much you try to get a good photo of it. It will always be looking ahead with that abysmal insect-like fascia.

FC15EB49-F6BF-45D6-866A-5AD3978B2B45.jpeg

It’s the latest Kia Sportage, in case you wondering. The previous one didn’t look any better, if you ask me. Typical dishwasher without a sense of style.

Now before you tell me we already have the questionable modifications thread for ugly cars I want to say (or at least hope) that this is a smidge different.

Rules: Production or at least official concept cars only
Be nice, the very idea of ugliness is opinion based. keep that in mind.
the ugly I'm looking for here is by design, so no cars where the ugly you're going for is some sort of modification, thats what the QM thread is for.

Oh yea, lets not forget to add pics to prove your point eh?

heres one for ya

BOO!!
for me its the dodge prowler. A real close second is the pt cruiser (purple ones expecially).

Attachments

• dodge-prowler-1.jpg
    dodge-prowler-1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 06-08_Chrysler_PT_Cruiser.jpg
    06-08_Chrysler_PT_Cruiser.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 11
for me its the dodge prowler. A real close second is the pt cruiser (purple ones expecially).

Dodge Prowler isn’t even a thing.

It’s the Plymouth Prowler in the ‘States, Chrysler Prowler elsewhere.

Prowler isn’t ugly IMO, it just doesn’t have the performance to match the looks, unlike the Panoz AIV Roadster.

Dodge Prowler isn’t even a thing.

It’s the Plymouth Prowler in the ‘States, Chrysler Prowler elsewhere.

Prowler isn’t ugly IMO, it just doesn’t have the performance to match the looks, unlike the Panoz AIV Roadster.
Sorry, close enough. You knew what I meant. Like the post says and we all know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me its an ugly car. I was not even considering performance. I dont know why I was thinking it was a dodge or chrysler. To me dodge, mopar, chrysler, jeep are all the same for the most part. But thats just my thoughts. I know they are not "the same" but I have always thought about it that way. I dont like any of them although I realize they are fine cars if you like them. To each their own. I have a corvette, camero. suburban, traverse so obviously I'm a chevy guy. They suck to really. lol. But its just a car, I'm not racing or showing them. That Panoz is pretty cool.

I have a...camero.
:odd:

Does its name not appear with correct spelling anywhere on it?

Aaaaanyway...

I've often wondered why Chrysler opted to market the Prowler as a Plymouth rather than a Dodge to begin with. Dodge is generally viewed as the performance division, and while it's not a performance vehicle, it certainly seems like one, what with its exaggerated proportions and oversized rear tires. Even the exhaust gave off a sportier tone than the Intrepid from which the engine originated.

They were probably trying to save the nameplate, and the PT Cruiser didn't come quick enough.

Hyundai threw their entire engineering weight to make the absolute best Trailblazer competitor they could.

Seven years after the Trailblazer debuted.

:odd:

Does its name not appear with correct spelling anywhere on it?

Aaaaanyway...

I've often wondered why Chrysler opted to market the Prowler as a Plymouth rather than a Dodge to begin with. Dodge is generally viewed as the performance division, and while it's not a performance vehicle, it certainly seems like one, what with its exaggerated proportions and oversized rear tires. Even the exhaust gave off a sportier tone than the Intrepid from which the engine originated.
Wow, tough crowd. Thats funny. I have owned 3 of them and actually googled it before typing it just to make sure I was spelling it right. Did not feel like going outside. Cant win them all I guess. But yea, the name is on there.

Speaking of South Korean cars, this is abysmal to look at. A lot of cars can look unflattering if you don’t take good pictures of them- this one is ugly, regardless how much you try to get a good photo of it. It will always be looking ahead with that abysmal insect-like fascia.

View attachment 808502

It’s the latest Kia Sportage, in case you wondering. The previous one didn’t look any better, if you ask me. Typical dishwasher without a sense of style.
You can blame that to their chief designer who designed cars for Audi way back then. That's why Kia's cars are looking more like European nowadays.

Aww, what's wrong with those Thunderchickens?
The grille, especially in chrome:
1210284069.jpg

It bothers me that Ford made the grille stick out more than the headlights instead then made it taller. Doing this disrupts what would be a good design otherwise. To be fair, the rest of the design isn't too bad; I just really don't like the grille.

The grille, especially in chrome:
1210284069.jpg

It bothers me that Ford made the grille stick out more than the headlights instead then made it taller. Doing this disrupts what would be a good design otherwise. To be fair, the rest of the design isn't too bad; I just really don't like the grille.
So...I kind of agree with you there. They benefit from a lack of brightwork and flush headlights are pretty crucial as well. As such, the blue car isn't quite so bad.

Fox body LTD has to rub you the wrong way as well.

1985-ford-ltd-midsize-foxbody-1.jpg

:P

So...I kind of agree with you there. They benefit from a lack of brightwork and flush headlights are pretty crucial as well. As such, the blue car isn't quite so bad.
I'm going to agree with you on the blue one looking better, mainly because the painted grill makes it look less distracting. I think the last thing bothering me about the grill is where they placed the badge. If that metal strip wasn't at the top and the Thunderbird badge was in the middle; I think it would look better.

Fox body LTD has to rub you the wrong way as well.

1985-ford-ltd-midsize-foxbody-1.jpg

:P
Now I'm going to look silly, but I don't think the LTD looks that bad. Well, at least the one you posted as it looks more flush to me with the rest of the front than the Thunderbird's grill did. Though I will say the metal strip at the top still bothers me. :lol:

Now I'm going to look silly, but I don't think the LTD looks that bad. Well, at least the one you posted as it looks more flush to me with the rest of the front than the Thunderbird's grill did. Though I will say
Yeah, the LTD's grill doesn't protrude quite as much as I pictured in my head...I think I was actually picturing the Mercury Marquis:

1984_marquis.jpg

Still, the LTD benefits from color matching the grill, or even blacking it out. But then if I had one, I'd probably just swap the whole front clip out for that of a Mustang.

Latest Posts

Back