the "just plain ugly" car thread

-> ...
That's not their previous flagship SUV. That's one of their older compact SUVs way back from the '00s era. I was referring to this one, which looks cool and more American, too. It also somewhat resembles the older Grand Cherokee.

kia-mohave-2.jpg
^ I've always liked the Mojave/Borrego design. The new Telluride tries too hard IMHO.

I can be a fair bit of a sucker for Czech stuff, but while doing a bit of Arma II, I remembered about the Ural-4320* with a botched nosejob
Also known as the Praga V3S
BAHNA_2018_-_075_crop.jpg

* - not actually mechanically related to a Praga V3S as far as I know, also only came into existence after the Praga

Mercedes-Benz 560 AMG by Colani, based on the 280GE. Luigi Colani always had a reputation for designing questionable looking cars, but this is definitely one of his most abominable creations. What did that poor G-Class do to deserve this...

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

If I'd seen just the photos, I'd have thought someone who couldn't afford a real G-Class had gone to great lengths to convert their car to look like a G-Class.

I felt like talking about Chinese vehicles again. Why would anyone look at the current Ford F150 and think it was a good design to copy?
China-Projen-Ford-F150-Raptor-28129.jpg

Definitely not sure how the La Coupe counts as ugly even since the pattent images

...Besides it looking French, specifically Alpine, but not called "Le Coupe" but after the Renault LeCar that might be a good thing
That, and compared to certain other Toyotas and modern Lexuses it's an even bigger masterpiece :lol:

Ugh....I've never seen a good looking chinese car to be honest, so this isn't surprising.

Of course it isn't only the chinese who can make ugly cars for example I like the Pontiac Firebird except this version:

1980-pontiac-trans-am-turbo
Although I do think it's not the best looking Firebird made. I don't think it's a bad looking car in my opinion. However, it's predecessors do look better:
75262_Front_3-4_Web.JPG

1973 SD-455 Trans Am

Back