the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,448 views
I was almost offended because of my sweet spot for Saabs, but this one... it's just wrong the more I look at it.
 
saab-9-5-01.jpg

When this car was being tested on Top Gear some years back (early 2000s?), I think either Clarkson or Hammond remarked that the headlights looked like the spectacles of Barry Humphries' alter ego.

Ever since then, whenever I see this version of the 9-5 on the road, that's all I can think of.

m4oMPLEb_400x400.jpg
 
^ I kinda liked the Dodge Nitro's front-end (and overall design), if only the performance matched its looks (like stuffing any V8 engines/Scat Pack), it would've been a great vehicle.
 
^ I kinda liked the Dodge Nitro's front-end (and overall design), if only the performance matched its looks (like stuffing any V8 engines/Scat Pack), it would've been a great vehicle.
Well, I could admit that it somewhat becomes quite a looker once it's lifted.

images
 
^ I kinda liked the Dodge Nitro's front-end (and overall design), if only the performance matched its looks (like stuffing any V8 engines/Scat Pack), it would've been a great vehicle.
I'm was disappointed they never made a performance version of the Nitro. The name has a performance feel to it, it would have been cool if they made a SRT version (Nitro SRT) and stuffed a V8 under the hood.
 
-> ...
I'm was disappointed they never made a performance version of the Nitro. The name has a performance feel to it, it would have been cool if they made a SRT version (Nitro SRT) and stuffed a V8 under the hood.
^ Well back in '07, Chrysler made this. (I'm not posting the pic, because it's off-topic & it looks very good!)
 
The 1992 Bizzarini BZ-2001 Concept certainly ain't a looker. This was supposed to be a vision of what supercars would look like in the future, but instead it ended up looking like a 360 Modena on meth.




It looks oddly bulky from the sides, the whole front clip seems too small for the rest of it and the back end looks too large. It's like someone took three different model kits and did their darndest to slap parts of them together to make their own design.
 
Everything aft the rear of the door looks great. Everything else looks like it came off of a car that was supposed to be a foot longer than it actually was.
 
Honestly don't see anything wrong with the rear... Maybe I'm tired but the front doesn't look that terrible either aside from the fact that the super shiny chrome grills look super out of place, being the only shiny thing on the front aside from the headlights. Matte black, dark bronze and then I think I can see my reflection on that image somehow.

I also despise rims/wheels like that...tires way to damn skinny.
 
Not sure if I said that before, but I'd toss every single modern day SUV in this thread.
 
juliet.jpg

LM1.jpg

LM2.jpg


A beetle hommage for this year's Spa 24 Hours, based on a Porsche cup car

Just....wow
 
The new Nissan Skyline facelift, continuing the big mouth grill trend.
190716-01-01-source-1563290524.jpg
 
Trying hard too much to be like the GT-R.
Not exactly, it just seems like Nissan placing their current styling cues in place. Sedans like the Maxima and Altima have grills similar to this one now. Though this is probably the worst incarnation of the new Nissan corporate grill I've seen.
 
Back