the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,451 views
Come at me.

plnrsljrla2h3djemmte.jpg


gez6podh2hgvptydfz0b.jpg


zmgzikpttz71qq8hiiha.jpg
I wouldn't call it ugly, just... busy.
 
Had the misfortune to be greeted by one of these on my travels: DS 3 Crossback.

DS-3-CROSSBACK-Prestige-08.jpg

DS-3-CROSSBACK-Prestige-04.jpg


Can probably forgive the tail lights, but... :yuck:
 
I would do unsavory things to unsee that reverse kickup on the rear doors.
 
I...I don't mind it. I actually even kind of like the chamfered bit that sticks above the shoulder at the leading edge of the rear door.

My biggest gripe is with how high beltlines are getting, to the point that they're not beltlines anymore but shoulders as I noted above. Beyond that, the confluence of surfaces in the doors is...odd; any one element on its own would be fine--two even, if they're the right two--but there's just too much going on.

I like the lights and the brightwork.
 
Bit divided to be honest.

Would probably look better if the diamond motif wasn't so prolific. I'm surprised the steering wheel isn't a diamond.
 
It's like the batmobile or a Hot Wheels car lol.

What is that anyways?
 
The Indian-market Toyota Glanza certainly isn't a looker. It looks squashed, to say the least.




 
The Indian-market Toyota Glanza certainly isn't a looker. It looks squashed, to say the least.




Isn't that just a rebadged Suzuki? It looks strikingly similar to the Baleno which is sold in Australia.
 
Indeed, that is a Baleno. Not a good looking car, at all. Apart from the Ignis and the SUVs, they have some ungainly detail designs on this and the Swift.
 
That ride height and those small wheels are downright comical.
 
The driver was on TalkSport this week. It's now got the 4.2 out of the RS4. Insane.
 
That styling is atrocious enough to make you appreciate the previous generations of the Silverado. Would you take this over that?
chevrolet_silverado_1999_pictures_2_1024x768.jpg
The new one simply tries so hard to look more futuristic versus its predecessors.
 
My apologies to whoever designed this, but, in my opinion, it belongs here:
nh2rzles9vzq8p389hdg.jpg

I love the tech used in this car, but I'm really not a fan of this design.
 
Still can't move on from abhorring this rear design.

pajero-sport_029_1800x1800.jpg
 
Back