the "just plain ugly" car thread

Some people here think this coupe is ugly. :rolleyes:

images
This is so bizarre!

The letters don't match up...like, at all...and yet I can't look at this and not read it as "I can't believe some people don't like this car as much as I do."

Did I have a stroke?!

:crazy:

Is it particularly surprising? Well, no. The car looks like a bloated version of its much more attractive Saturn Sky sibling. It's like circa 1994 Christy Turlington...but with cankles.

Aaaaanyway. I saw my first Kia Stinger in the wild today, and while it's not an unattractive car on the whole, its rear side markers looked like burnt garlic tastes.

984962_KI1032_4_317e3fe0abc4202a.jpg

I look at it and imagine the design lead bringing his granddaughter to work where she grabs a pencil and draws on one of the sketches, but instead of gently reprimanding her (e.g. "No, sweetheart, this is papa's work."), he tells his team to run with it.

VXR
BMW are clearly aligning themselves to KIA/Hyundai design for Asian tastes.

I think we need to get past this "Asian tastes" thing. The cars have become legit popular choices in other major markets, the design flavour may feel of Asian origin, but (for instance) we in the UK favour the the Korean duo of Hyundai and Kia over the following brands... Nissan (well, Kia are ahead of them), Peugeot, Land Rover, Skoda, SEAT, MINI, Renault, Volvo, Citroen, Honda, Mazda, Jaguar, Suzuki, Dacia, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Lexus, Porsche, MG, Tesla, Jeep, smart, DS, Alfa Romeo, Subaru, Ssangyong, Bentley, Maserati, Infiniti, Lotus, Alpine, Chevrolet, and Abarth.

If manufacturers are going with "Asian" designs it's because we non-Asians are buying them.

Peugeot Hoggar, a 207-based ute for the South American market. My word, this is bad looking.

The side profile on the black one actually looks kinda nice, primarily due to the fender flares not being tacky plastic faux overfenders that will probably shatter to bits the first time a good sized stone impacts them.

That front end definitely has no business being on that style of vehicle though. Yikes.

I didn't know they were bringing the Trailblazer back. Is it replacing the new Blazer or will it be a separate model? And what's it mean for the Equinox and Traverse? Not that I care, just curious.

mansory_rolls_royce_phantom_8_09.jpg

Mansory is probably low hanging fruit for this thread, but I feel like it takes extra special effort to make the Phantom VIII look worse than it does as standard. And I'm being generous with the color combination.

I didn't know they were bringing the Trailblazer back. Is it replacing the new Blazer or will it be a separate model? And what's it mean for the Equinox and Traverse? Not that I care, just curious.

I want to say it's between the Equinox and Trax? The lineup's so bloated, I have no idea.

The new 2021 Chevrolet Suburban/Tahoe....
76717525_10157673365372296_8677614463857197056_o.jpg

The Z71 off-road package looks the worst.
ss7hw5ad2sd9co7kbhgh.jpg

"Okay folks, so the new Silverado is nearly universally hated for its looks. What do we do?"

A lone hand slowly rises from the far side of the table.

"What if we make every vehicle we make look like the Silverado?"

"FANTASTIC IDEA!"

The weird thing is I don't actively dislike the non-Z71 trim's looks. Yeah it's fairly ugly regardless but at least it's not an abomination against people with working eyes.

It better have a Lagonda badge on it with a shape like that...
that said I don't hate it....

those GM vehicles.... I think I'm gonna throw up... but hey, what else can you expect from the conglomeration of companies that shut down all their brands that build cars that people actually want. and turn their flagship into the biggest copycat car since the chinese BMW X5 knockoffs

Okay, I'm going to just say these exotics are poorly designed.

I like the rear end of the Ferrari FF, but I really dislike the front. The headlights are too long and that grill is too wide, plus the chrome on the grill doesn't help.
used-2014-ferrari-ff-2drhatchback-8431-19750850-1-1024.jpg

Too many vents, too many sharp angles, the headlights are too far apart, and the headlights themselves are too vertically long.
Lamborghini-Veneno-Roadster-2.jpg

The facelifted 2nd Gen Audi R8, what is with Audi and sharp angles?!
2019-audi-r8-onlocation.jpg

Back