The little details of Gran Turismo

Noticed this typo at Willow last week...

Gran%20TurismoregSport%20Closed%20Beta%20Test%20Version_20170611204303_zpsle4bplah.jpg

Light Rear, and Light Front.

Welp this thread has been pretty dead these past couple of months?

Anyone spotted more little details in the demo?? :)

Yep, I've seen "break lights" used when it should be "brake lights" :) Also "rear lights" which are really "reverse lights". Think these were in the scapes mode.

Yep, I've seen "break lights" used when it should be "brake lights" :) Also "rear lights" which are really "reverse lights". Think these were in the scapes mode.
Ok.. usually the little details were mostly positive tiny details of the game but I count this as the first "negative" one :lol:

Guess I'll just leave this video here. :P

It's amazing how the particles bounce and slide over the track and not just disappear through it. I think it's a very nice effect. There are also grass particles when driving through the grass but I don't think I have a video of that.

I don't have video of it, but I noticed in the endurance race and online at Maggiore that in the last 'chicane' (the right then left) before the final turn, the grass on the outside of the right before you then hug the kerb going left would turn brown as more and more cars went over it and presumably ripped up the grass.

Guess I'll just leave this video here. :P

It's amazing how the particles bounce and slide over the track and not just disappear through it. I think it's a very nice effect. There are also grass particles when driving through the grass but I don't think I have a video of that.

It looks videogamish to me. The gravel becomes visible then quickly invisible.

It looks videogamish to me. The gravel becomes visible then quickly invisible.

True, it would be nice if they stayed on the track and reduced grip on those spots. But I guess that's just too much for the PS4 to handle. :P The effect is at least nice, though they could've made them last a little bit longer so you don't see them disappear in replays. The trails in the gravel trap do stay for the whole race though.

True, it would be nice if they stayed on the track and reduced grip on those spots. But I guess that's just too much for the PS4 to handle. :P The effect is at least nice, though they could've made them last a little bit longer so you don't see them disappear in replays. The trails in the gravel trap do stay for the whole race though.
As we know, it's not a PS4 issue:)

The interior view odometers actually show your distance and tick off the mileage when driving. I know that GT6 had this, but many cars didn’t work. So far from the cars I’ve checked, the R32 Skyline and the ‘69 Corvette have working analog odos that keep your actual distance. Only problem is the cockpits views are often dark and usually cannot be seen. Oh well. At least this makes the inner anal retentive in me happy.

Also, while not completely confirmed, the tire sidewalls actually say ‘COMFORT’ when visible in the loading screens when you actually have them equipped before a race. I need to keep testing this, but that’s pretty cool.

One of the RAYS set of wheels that is available to buy on the milieage exchange looks like one of those wheel models commonly used on stanced cars on the, the DB9 gr. 4 actually looks stanced with it(with the default suspension settings).

Also, there's rusty paint jobs, I'm not sure how to unlock it but I added one to my collection that was the most liked and shared livery...on a Samba bus, no less.

Last edited by a moderator:

As someone mentioned it's not a PS4 limitation but a GTS limitation, PC2 seems to do that just fine whether it's dry, rain, snow, mud etc, and even if you can't see it at night ;)

I always drive in car and with some N300 cars you have mirrors. Since a couple of days I can only pay attention to the trees disappearing in your mirrors too fast. Hopefully it's a result of the beta and it will be fine tuned (better algorithm) in the final version. Or is it a trade off to free up more memory/cpu power for other details in front of you?
I dont understand why wont implement fog for dissapearing objects (lod) like old racing games from n64 or pc 90's era.

Back