The little details of Gran Turismo

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by WarriusZero, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

I just found out 5 minutes ago that the RX7 has a beep thingy when you're in interior view and revving out your engine (EDIT: A rev buzzer). Have you guys found tiny things like these in other cars?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    BR27, AlexDB9, Scuderia Paul and 4 others like this.
  2. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

A what?

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  3. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Searched it up, it's a rev buzzer. Sorry for the confusion :lol: But yeah, they included the rev buzzer on the RX7 in interior view.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  4. mark5917

mark5917

Ha - Ha really?

Can you activate that with an automatic gearbox as well, or only manual?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018
    zuperkiwi, emula, AlexDB9 and 2 others like this.
  5. Jomas

Jomas

It's not on a specific car but you can notice the tyre wear by looking at the tyres in photo mode during replays :)

6. SavageEvil

SavageEvil

The RX-7 original paint allow you to see the salt coating on the lower part of the body of the car, that's pretty cool to see that was also kept during capture.

AgentBlackDog and azeeza like this.
  7. NJ72

NJ72

I noticed the rev buzzer on the RX7 as well, mainly as I am an RX8 owner which has the same feature. I'll be honest, one of the first things I tried :D lol

AgentBlackDog and ProjectF like this.
  8. unit-one

unit-one

You don't need photomode if the tires are visible during the game. )

JoueurGT likes this.
  9. Jomas

Jomas

It's easier to see them in that mode, specially when the car don't move ;)

10. demeaning pie

demeaning pie

At certain points while I was qualifying for the GR 4 sport race yesterday I would notice a bright light coming from the hood. When I was off pace on a lap I kept looking for it and noticed it was the metal hood pin reflecting the sun. Nice touch.

11. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

That is the only car currently with that little detail.

I believe I have found a pretty close model given the video discription RX7 spirit R ( I just do not know if it is type A, R, RS or RZ ).

(it has the exact same beeping noise)
    For comparison:

12. VXR

VXR

It was on the JDM 1992 RX7 featured on Best Motoring, too, so was likely a standard feature across the board throughout its lifespan?

13. sumbrownkid

sumbrownkid Premium

You guys probably already noticed this, but the drivers periodically check their mirrors if there is another car nearby.

14. MilkandMelk

MilkandMelk

I know it's probably been said but I just love how the dirt reacts when you let a wheel off track on say, willow springs. The dirt flies up and then lingers in a dust cloud for a little bit. Also, turn signals. Sure it's a feature but I never see anyone use them!

AgentBlackDog, perja55, VXR and 2 others like this.
  15. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Been playing this game on the wheel (after getting it for Christmas) and to my surprise, the R3 and L3 buttons (or is it R2 and L2?) can be used to turn on the blinkers on road cars. Thought that was neat.

Couldn't resist :lol:

16. Factor41

Factor41

I pulled onto the grass on the inside of Paddock Hill bend at Brands Hatch and there's a photographer there in a media vest. When I stopped the car in front of him, he dropped to one knee and took a photo!

Love the loads of little details in GT. I just fired up Assetto Corsa for a quick go because I bought it ages ago when it was on sale and never really played it. After GT Sport, it looks awful - maybe somewhere around the level of GT6 on the PS3, and the graphics were really bleached out on the sunny events. It wasn't a pleasant experience at all. I was also underwhelmed by the feedback, with the steering mostly dead (maybe realistic - it was a boggo Alfa hatchback) apart from a really aggressive rattle over any bumps - this surprised me because people seem to rave about how accurate it is - does it get better with faster cars?

Switched back to GT and the difference in the visuals was incredible. It may be a way off perfect, but it makes AC look positively last-gen.

AlexDB9, jm79, AgentBlackDog and 4 others like this.
  17. seizure_

seizure_

:D

18. Danyutz

Danyutz

Race cars have it as well - if you didn't try it yet, make a custom race on the Nordschleife and flash your headlights when coming from behind, the car ahead will start it's blinker (left or right) :dopey::D

EDIT: anyone noticed on GT cars if the side lights work accordingly? I'm talking about the IMSA's leader light system.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  19. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

I'd like to see some footage of this; never noticed it!
    At least on the Porsche RSR I noticed that it works :)

Danyutz likes this.
  20. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Yesterday, after purchasing the Mazda RX-7 I took it to Tokyo North Southeast Inner Outer Loop, or whatever it is named, for a few quick laps.
    After noticing the rev limiter warning, which is a nice touch, I ran wide and grazed the wall during a slide/drift. There was a load of sparks which bounced off the ground as they faded instead of clipping through the circuit looked fantastic.

As lovely as some of the details are there is one that I find puzzling which I have mentioned here before.
    The Toyota TS050-HYBRID has the low-drag Le Mans spec aero and a 6-speed gearbox whereas in reality the Le Mans aero runs a 7-speed for improved efficiency and reduced stress. Odd that such a detail is incorrect.

The graphical quality is GTS is otherworldly compared to Assetto Corsa but I strongly disagree about the FFB being superior. AC is otherworldly in this respect in my opinion. GTS is better than I thought it would be, although it's a little lifeless at the centre, but to compare it to the complexity of AC is not right to me. I do find racing cars better as the additional force of increased downforce can certainly be felt.

That's just my opinion though.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  21. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

The cord moves amazingly in the GT-R GT500! :drool:

22. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

RX-7 FC also has a rev buzzer, and it's equally annoying as the FD;

The M3 E30 has a ABS light on the dashboard that turns on every time you touch the brakes(I still have to check if it turns off if you race without ABS);

The rear blinkers of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe don't work;

The rear view mirrors inside the Big Mac F1 are badly positioned and and do not help you at all to see what's behind you.

AgentBlackDog and silverman_GT like this.
  23. usmaan

usmaan

It's much better than all the unrealistic vibration's in forza motorsport 7

24. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

To be honest, it just looks like its just at the opposite side of the spectrum. The cars seem like they're driving on the flattest road in the world, with very little changes from bumps. Where as Forza is a bit extreme with the parts of the car moving.

25. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Quite different from the static movement they had in GT6.

Another thing that just now occurred to me is that PD actually modelled the difference in the sound refraction with side exhausts and rear exhausts. I watched the videos with both the NSX and the GT-R just now, it really hit me when watching the replays.

26. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

In Tsukuba cars flash their high beams when trying to pass you. At least they did in the Miata cup !

27. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

The RX-7 Savannah from the latest update also includes the “rev alarm.”

AgentBlackDog and Alpha Cipher like this.
  28. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

I noticed that earlier. Thought I was just seeing things.

AgentBlackDog and KingFrog like this.
  29. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

I have never seen a part of any of my cars vibrate when I hit a bump aside from the antenna.

30. 05XR8

05XR8

I love how the dust kicks up, when passing the pit wall at Monza