The little things that make you LOVE GT SPORT.

Noticed this neat detail while sampling the GT League Goodwood races earlier today. Just as in the real-life Revival races, the flagman can be seen waving the Union Jack at the very start of each race.
20190531120800.jpg

EDIT: Apparently, this happens during practice/time trial sessions as well!

Last edited:
I love how the game has cones for your breaking points and apex. It’s so cool and real life. I went last year on a real race track and did a test drive in a Porsche and Ferrari as part sponsored by these company extrem track racing you rent the cars for a few laps and instructor is in the car with you telling you when to break and where to look. It’s so cool and it was like doing the video game just in real life and now to see it in this game it’s so cool. This is my favorite racing game so far or equal to assetto corsa.

It's the replayability that keeps me coming back.

There's so many things I wish this game had that it doesn't, & like a lot of others I was suspicious when they went away from the old RPG formula.

But god damn, at the heart of this game it's just great & whenever you get a great, palm sweating type of race, it reminds me why I love playing it.

Also, the intro song for the FIA Manufacturers cup... that gets me hyped everytime I hear it.

I love how the game has cones for your breaking points and apex. It’s so cool and real life. I went last year on a real race track and did a test drive in a Porsche and Ferrari as part sponsored by these company extrem track racing you rent the cars for a few laps and instructor is in the car with you telling you when to break and where to look. It’s so cool and it was like doing the video game just in real life and now to see it in this game it’s so cool. This is my favorite racing game so far or equal to assetto corsa.

It seems it's rather cool! :P

Although I own every mainstream Gran Turismo from 1-4 and 5 Prologue, I'm a latecomer who only really got into GT5 and 6 back to front on this here forum.

Gran Turismo Sport is the most visually polished from interface to race day. I'm not super into online racing... I work a lot of times from 7am - 3pm so my day isnt like full of racing. I try to do 42km a day and this game is just super welcoming to come back to every day.

I feel like if it were a meal it would be one prepared by an experienced chef in an expensive restaurant. Its not super filling but what is presented is of a very high standard with professional artistry.

Its not perfect and its not even a mainstream Gran Turismo title but its my pick for what is this generation's premiere racer and this is up against Forza 5-7 and the Horizons.

There's some glaring things I absolutely hate... the inability to race *just* Group C cars or 2008 Super GT cars is a massive failing and the $20 mil. car nonsense....

And this is what I find disappointing. So much of what they got right, they got really right however so many obvious things wrong.

Grand torismo shows why games need to release every few years. It’s good to wait because when it’s ready you get amazing stuff.
Not exactly the case with GTS; it's ok now, but at release it was lacking. I understood you are rather new to GTS?

More because PD lacks manpower; like in PS3 era they only have 140 employees.

Its actually kind of amazing that they produced GT5 and 6 with that few people and they had to deal with the accursed Cell architecture.

One of the big disappointments will be that most likely GT Sport will be all that will happen on the PS4 generation which is by most measures, one of the best consoles of any period.

You would think that there would be two mainstream Gran Turismo titles per generation.

Its actually kind of amazing that they produced GT5 and 6 with that few people and they had to deal with the accursed Cell architecture.

One of the big disappointments will be that most likely GT Sport will be all that will happen on the PS4 generation which is by most measures, one of the best consoles of any period.

You would think that there would be two mainstream Gran Turismo titles per generation.
Still not without the real consequences of those 2 handicaps (few people, architecture), GT5 and GT6 are at best, considered good but mediocre entry among GTs, and at worst, a laughing stock among the racing communities (primarily with standard cars and car sounds). And people commonly consider "cell architecture" as BS excuse on PD's part because many developers able to produce truly great PS3 games even with that cell (like Naughty Dog for example).

I think that this is the new era of gaming, with DLCs and such, they wouldn't need to add new sequels for new contents each time. GT6 was only added because they wanted to restructure GT5 which was mostly half-assed (being too ambitious but with those 2 handicaps..) I think. But they can just continually adding contents to GTS.

Love the drama in sport mode. Had a good race in the Alsace GR2 one.

Lots of overtakings but also clashings at the same time but wasnt a demolition derby.

The tyres were literally put to its limits, I thought I might do just one lap but in the high speed corners I lost traction then I got sent to the wall lost about 3 places.

Last edited:

Sad to say that this seems to be true. I mean no other GT title for the PS4 aside from GT Sport.

I love to race in the lower classes here in GT, they're so much fun and they have so much variety! (even if the car list is not the biggest in the series)
And Gr3/4 races are also highly addictive.

Need a Love/Hate combined thread. :lol:

I love that I can try to simulate the TCR NUrb race with the Scirocco Gr.4, but hate that I have to simulate it "properly" in another game. Using several different FF cars only, in a Custom Race, is not an option for players in GT Sport.

This thread should be named "The little things that you love in GT Sport". I'm not sure I could ever love a game because of the little things.
It's the "little things" that all add up to make a pretty top-notch game :cheers: But I see what you mean.

Back