The little things that make you LOVE GT SPORT.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but while capturing some VR showroom footage for the Lexus LC500, I noticed that PD modeled the "Infinity Tail Lights". Even as the viewing angle changes, the effect gets longer/shorter. Not sure if it is modeled in other sims.

Infitnity Tail Lights at 37 seconds:

Fog lights are on when you're racing in the rain. Amazing!

20190829184500.jpg
20190829184632.jpg
20190829184639.jpg
20190829184645.jpg
20190829184652.jpg

The car lighting. Honestly it's jaw dropping how realistic they've gotten the lighting model these. The fluorescent lights glow and dim as they turn on and off, while the LED / laser lights flick on and off immediately. It's just not something I've ever seen in a game before.
I also like depending on the angle when viewed, the light reflections inside the headlight buckets change and move in the older sealed beam headlights in the older cars (1970s-prior).

--

Also I like how when you get behind a car when the track is wet, the water they kick up collects on your windshield meaning there is more water on your windshield than when you're normally driving in the rain.

I also like depending on the angle when viewed, the light reflections inside the headlight buckets change and move in the older sealed beam headlights in the older cars (1970s-prior).
Yes!! Seriously. When the first old car rolled onto screen in the preview screen after acquiring it my jaw dropped when I saw those refractions. It's a near perfect replication

Those little details in GT games are amazing, the fog lights on... Jesus.

Altough i lve AC, it always strange when i see the rear lights off when i hit reverse, while i'm playing on a drift lobby and put the chase cam just to see the car a little bit.

The car lighting. Honestly it's jaw dropping how realistic they've gotten the lighting model these. The fluorescent lights glow and dim as they turn on and off, while the LED / laser lights flick on and off immediately. It's just not something I've ever seen in a game before.
Yes!! Seriously. When the first old car rolled onto screen in the preview screen after acquiring it my jaw dropped when I saw those refractions. It's a near perfect replication
True. I couldn't take my eyes away from the headlights, for a good while, after I took this pic. Ridiculous. Must be magic.

I love how many of the cars the game with incandescent tail lights, the lights gradually illuminate when the brakes are applied. It just makes the 3rd person experience much more real.

However some cars with incandescent lights still light up like they’re LED or Plasma like the MK3 Supra, Shelby Cobra, Dodge Challenger, and Honda S800. So I hope they fix those:
upload_2020-3-20_13-23-40.gif

Last edited:
Back