The little things that make you LOVE GT SPORT.

I've been used to seeing flypasts at the start of races, but hadn't expected Polyphony to put in one from the legendary Red Arrows during today's FIA lobbies:

Red Arrows.jpg

To say I was surprised and excited to find this in the 16:00 and 17:20 slots is an understatement. I wonder how many other real-life display teams are featured during the race countdown sequences?

Last edited:
I've been used to seeing flypasts at the start of races, but hadn't expected Polyphony to put in one from the legendary Red Arrows during today's FIA lobbies:

View attachment 903516

To say I was surprised and excited to find this in the 16:00 slot is an understatement. I wonder how many other real-life display teams are featured during the race countdown sequences?
Frecce Tricolori flew over Lago Maggiore last time.

Motion pro controls for ds4 have made this game so much more immersive for people like me who don’t have the space for a rig setup.
The lighting in replays and race photos is sublime.
The structure of the fia races, it must be the largest organised racing event ever.
Exhaust sounds and flames when following another car closely.
Being able to flash lights, indicators, wipers etc.
Car interiors.
Much love for this game!

After my first race in GTS, I started watching the replay, and was in awe how I'm almost watching Eurosport... but it's me on the screen.

It does look like tv, especially if you go into the photo mode at the very beginning of the race then back to the replay, all the driver names disappear from above the cars.
I think the only improvement they could make is the camera didn’t follow “your” car so much so you could see more of the race around you.
Replays and photos are my favourite thing in GTS.

It does look like tv, especially if you go into the photo mode at the very beginning of the race then back to the replay, all the driver names disappear from above the cars.
I think the only improvement they could make is the camera didn’t follow “your” car so much so you could see more of the race around you.
Replays and photos are my favourite thing in GTS.

I've always been a big fan of watching replays in Gran Turismo but instantly felt a bit let down by how the replays in GT Sport "felt" compared to past titles, and then I noticed something: If you go into the replay settings and switch the camera mode to "dynamic", it makes a big difference imo and brings back that "TV feel" I got from past GTs.

EFB1614A-76DF-4EA4-B248-A5E1BD53F7E7.jpg
Not strictly a little thing in GT Sport, but spotted it via the game. If you zoom into the top left hand corner of the Monza pits scape location (and I still can’t remember why I did!) the little brackets that support the frame above the garages all have the track map etched into them. I presume this holds advertising/pit users names during races so wouldn’t even normally be seen!
4B519461-787C-4E44-927F-09A4841FCA98.jpeg

View attachment 920603 Not strictly a little thing in GT Sport, but spotted it via the game. If you zoom into the top left hand corner of the Monza pits scape location (and I still can’t remember why I did!) the little brackets that support the frame above the garages all have the track map etched into them. I presume this holds advertising/pit users names during races so wouldn’t even normally be seen!View attachment 920602

Interesting find! Thank you for sharing it. The detail put into this game is amazing.

By any chance, could you share the link to those excellent Audi VGT liveries? I’d love to equip them on mine.

That’s very kind of you to say. You can find the black (far) version (and variations thereof) if you search for ‘racehome’ in liveries as it was an entry for that competition but as such it has my name over the door and my ‘mascot decals’ on it in places. But you’ll also find some really good e-tron liveries under that tag too amongst the other entries.

The nearer ‘splinter’ livery is yet to be uploaded as it needs some tweaks before it’s ready but will also be an entry for the same comp so will be under the same tag, probably early next week.

When players drive themselves off the track after trying to pass you around the outside of turn 1 of Suzuka, and then proceeding to blame you becasue you "moved left" on the straight even though there was more than a car width haha.

Back