The little things that make you LOVE GT SPORT.

There really isn't any room for improvement IMO. They are already the best in the business by a huge margin. They should focus on improving the visual quality of the tracks.

You aren't looking hard enough. The LOD is awful outside of Scapes mode. Especially with custom liveries. Go do a time trial real quick, save the replay and try to take a race-picture within it. We are talking PS3 quality. It's awfully low resolution.

PS5 GT will hopefully look like Scapes mode or close to it. the PS4 can only render 3 cars in Scapes mode. Imagine a full grid of them.

You aren't looking hard enough. The LOD is awful outside of Scapes mode. Especially with custom liveries. Go do a time trial real quick, save the replay and try to take a race-picture within it. We are talking PS3 quality. It's awfully low resolution.

PS5 GT will hopefully look like Scapes mode or close to it. the PS4 can only render 3 cars in Scapes mode. Imagine a full grid of them.

That's exactly my point. The MODELS are as good as they can be. The actual LOD in races doesn't take avantage of the models already included in the game. They will be able to reuse the same models next gen and everything will look better because they will be using the best models in game that they already have.

I discovered that the spoiler on the Peugeot RCZ Gr.B is the same as the spoiler on the 908 HDi, Just like they 'borrowed' one 908 spoiler for the 208 T16 Peaks Pike car. Also the extreme front spoiler is kinda based on a previous rally car of the brand (see the related spots for Peugeot). I really love these details. It has put a really big smile on my face. I hope to find more of these little gems/eastern eggs.
(P.S. If you know of any more of these gems, please let me know)

To think that someone on here said that Kaz didn't really care about motorsport.

It would be nice if the "real driving simulator" was a lot less arcade like. I'm tired of seeing guys slide around because they are playing a racing game with a DS4 controller instead of racing wheel and they do not lose any lap time. In real life they would be losing massive amounts of time. So I would say that for Kaz being a real racing fan his "real driving simulator" is far from real.

It would be nice if the "real driving simulator" was a lot less arcade like. I'm tired of seeing guys slide around because they are playing a racing game with a DS4 controller instead of racing wheel and they do not lose any lap time. In real life they would be losing massive amounts of time. So I would say that for Kaz being a real racing fan his "real driving simulator" is far from real.
But the game does simulate real driving.

But it has to be accessible to sell numbers. It still simulates driving but maybe not as much to the core as other titles. Not everyone is going to drop £/$150 upwards for extra gear to play Gran Turismo. I still use a pad but I am slowly transitioning to a wheel, not ready for races yet.

But the game does simulate real driving.

I agree. Accelerator pedal makes the car go, brake pedal slows it down, steering wheel turns the car left and right. It's just not a racing simulator, there is just not enough of a penalty for not being able to drive smoothly. Too many times while watching a replay you see the car right in front sliding and pointing left and right catching the slide and you really do not gain much if any time. In a real life situation a driver can enter a turn with just slightly too much speed a the car will push just a smidge, not even perceptable by the viewer, and the driver loses a few 1/10ths of a second. I would not expect that kind of minute detail in a game, but if someone is sliding out of a corner or hangs 2 wheels in the grass you should be able to make up some perceptable distance.

I mean, no one takes that seriously. And GT isn't a full on sim like AC or PC. It simulates driving realistic driving enough, to where it's easily accessible for both pad and a wheel. Yeah, maybe they should drop the "real driving simulator" bit but at the end of the day, who cares.

The only way Gran Turismo can go full-on sim is actively killing people who crash at absurd rates of speed. Of course, a product that actively kills it's userbase is a difficult sale for the most part....

ANYWAY, on-topic: the game being unafraid to add silly things to it's car roster from time to time to prove that NOT ALL RACING HAS TO BE SUPERGRIMSERIOUS.

The only way Gran Turismo can go full-on sim is actively killing people who crash at absurd rates of speed. Of course, a product that actively kills it's userbase is a difficult sale for the most part....

ANYWAY, on-topic: the game being unafraid to add silly things to it's car roster from time to time to prove that NOT ALL RACING HAS TO BE SUPERGRIMSERIOUS.

Yeah I played iRacing for the first time a few weeks ago, and just the smallest things are so different. For example, in GT Sport qualifying, if you make a mistake it's as simple as pause>retry.

In iRacing, you have to respawn in the pits. Enable pit speed lock, exit the pits (without crossing the white line,) do an entire out lap. Its crazy. really makes you realize you take for granted the pick up and play nature of GT.

I can see the draw of iRacing, but it's not for me.

Yeah I played iRacing for the first time a few weeks ago, and just the smallest things are so different. For example, in GT Sport qualifying, if you make a mistake it's as simple as pause>retry.

In iRacing, you have to respawn in the pits. Enable pit speed lock, exit the pits (without crossing the white line,) do an entire out lap. Its crazy. really makes you realize you take for granted the pick up and play nature of GT.

I can see the draw of iRacing, but it's not for me.

Just like lobby races in GTS

Cruising in VR on Tokyo highway south in the Amuse S2000 and for immersion, the red bull junior.

Amazes me every time, love it

I just love how in the Nissan GTR MOTUL AUTECH the curled cable that connect the steering wheel to the ECU, reacts to what the car is doing. I only have very basic coding experience, but it's enough to realise how bloody difficult it must have been to make it work that well. Every time I drive that car I can't help but be amazed by it.
I also love that they nailed the way the headlight projection works, it's spot on compared to IRL. They even thought of the chromatic abberation with xenon lights.
(P.S. If this has been mentioned before, plz let me know)

Last edited:
Compared to GT6 I very much like the improved feel of the cars weight, tuning seems to benefit more traditional tuning vs the no camber cars of GT6. The throttle seems much better to me where in previous GT titles it was ALMOST an on off switch & through diff tuning one could set it up to work best like that where as in GTSport it has better progression and the game feels like it much more driving on the throttle as in real life. in GT6 your faster set up to floor it almost all the time where in GTSport you can be faster with less time flooring it.

Probably my favorite thing is NO MORE DYNAMIC Driving Line WHoot WHOOT!! this IMHO created plenty of terrible drivers who cut fast lap. in a race everybody fighting for the same line, looking at it more than other cars, the track, everything they should be looking at. The cones feature teaches about looking for braking markers and this is a really good thing IMO

Doing good PD

Comparing GTSport to the previous title of the same type in the series GT5Prologue

I like much the

addition of custom rims and paint

The campaign vs JUST random driving missions

Custom Races in Arcade Mode

The richness of real world tracks and lack of make believe locations

the dealerships are plentiful and always nice to see new brands get in plus the GT Award cars

love how much more GTS is getting updated and new content added vs the few add ins on GT5P

Finally an E30 M3 Japans nightmare

All in All this is going to make for a pretty sick GT7 when it comes out

The welds on roll cages. Who does that?
Add to that, the wear on a couple of bits of foam covering of said roll cage (in the R92CP around the driver's door if I remember rightly). You only see it in a certain light. And the small notes on the dashboards of some of the cars. The level of detail still surprises.

I like the fact that the game turns itself into a fantastic active wallpaper with cool music for the living room if you are inactive (on the top menu at least).

I love the way AI makes mistakes.... been a few years since I played GT but don't recall the AI ever being as "human" as it is now. Seeing a car I've just overtaken push hard to retake on a bend and slam into the wall is priceless!

Did you ever watch a replay from the AI car? They drive like morons, there is no smooth throttle pick up, they go wide open, lift, wide open, lift again, until they are through the corner.:lol:

you're toe to toe racing within an inch of your closest rival around Dragon Trail... final lap and you edge ahead always glancing in your mirror to see he's not letting go. Over the brow of the hill and drop down to the hairpin he's still right on you.. into the chicane of death and you're deciding whether to lift for a split second to make sure there's no mistake... YOU MADE IT THROUGH... then you hear the tyre screech and the smash of your nemesis hit the wall behind you!! Heaven :cheers:

Back