The non-muscle American car thread (READ THE OP)

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 1,522 comments

In your opinion, which country makes the best looking cars?

• Total voters
One of the supercars I dreamed about during my childhood, the Saleen S7.

screen-shot-2020-07-31-at-2-40-38-pm-1596220852.png

9da7d59e-saleen-s7-.jpg
But the even more bonkers Twin Turbo is what put this car on the map. A ridiculous power output only surpassed by the Bugatti Veyron. It's a car that still looks current even though it was designed over 19 years ago. Then there's the LM edition:
TED_1330.jpg

It was launched in 2017 and only 7 were built.

Last edited:
1990 Buick Estate
maxresdefault.jpg

1990 Chevy Caprice Estate
maxresdefault.jpg

1991 Ford Country Squire LX
1991_Ford_Country_Squire_2.jpg

1991 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park
1991-mercury-grand-marquis-colony-park

1990 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
1990_oldsmobile_custom_cruiser_155492985675e44IMG_3296.jpg
I collected those brochures at the NY Auto Shows. Loved how these wagons could be trimmed. Just keep ticking boxes in the accessories column.:lol:
My Dad had the same color Caprice wagon, but with the quad sealed beams.

How isn't this a muscle car?
I guess another reminder is needed for the kind of "American" cars allowed in this thread, posted by the OP himself:

image-jpg.423246

image-jpg.423247

image-jpg.424156

image-jpg.424226

Of particular note:
American badged foreign cars, like an Eagle Talon or Ford Capri, are not allowed to be posted.

Here are some examples of cars that are allowed to be posted:
image-jpg.422678
Does Non american Ford cars counts?

Does it also means that cars like chevrolet spark or Aveo or captiva from GM Korea counts as one?

I will count these kind of cars, just like I count Acuras and Infinitis. Though they are not built in America, they are sold under American brands.

Stop trying to rigidly enforce the will of a thread creator in a goofy "post pictures of cars" thread who couldn't even finish the OP of the thread without looking like a fool.

Last edited:
Some favorite personal luxury coupes from the PLC heyday.

1979 Buick Riviera. The S-Type had a turbo V-6.

1979 Cadillac Eldorado. Elegant.

1980 Chrysler Cordoba. As elegant as the Cadillac, but RWD and only ⅔ the price.

1980 Dodge Mirada. I would love to find one and drop in the running gear from a Hellcat.

1979 Oldsmobile Toronado. I love that shade of red.

1980 Dodge Mirada. I would love to find one and drop in the running gear from a Hellcat.
I'd wager it'd have no difficulty lighting up--it would probably have difficulty not lighting up--with a 408 stroker that can breathe.

But then you could start with a siamese bore 340 block and go bigger still. And it would be a direct replacement in a 318/360 car.

Saleen-xp8-2-8551.jpg

Remember that Buick that was made only for the 1986 model year? It was all black, had that V-6? No, not the GNX. The other one. The Century Gran Sport. Yes, just like the GNX, it was made in 1986 only, was all black and had a V-6. But the similarities end there. The Century was FWD, and there was no turbo on its engine. It still made a healthy 150 hp with tuned exhaust and had stiffened suspension. Only 1029 were built.

Last edited:
Remember that Buick that was made only for the 1986 model year? It was all black, had that V-6? No, not the GNX. The other one. The Century Gran Sport. Yes, just like the GNX, it was made in 1986 only, was all black and had a V-6. But the similarities end there. The Century was FWD, and there was no turbo on its engine. It still made a healthy 150 hp with tuned exhaust and had stiffened suspension. Only 1029 were built.

The GNX was a 1987 car.

Pure jewelry. Don't care how many are still on the road, these things should be worth a million bucks/euros whatever. Glad they're not, but goodness gracious. The detailing and classiness of what were put in these automobiles. Amazingly, the only car that I can see replicate that interior, is a Pagani. Today's every cars shouldn't be selling for what manufacturers are suggesting retail prices.

Back