The Official Off Topic GTA Thread

• Thread starter Blake
  • 1,154 comments
Emohawk
From my own cheat sheet:
X down up R2 down triangle L1 triangle left

It's not 'no traffic' it's just 'hardly any traffic (and sparse peds)'. If you take the highway from LV to SF, for example, you'll see maybe 6 cars.
And be extra carefull about wrecking in the middle of nowhere, it's a looong walk out. :D

On some missions thats happened to me where my car blew up and were no cars around. Especially around the countryside and at the dam in the desert. I found a way to help tho. If there are no cars on a road look for a cafe or something like that and there should be bikes parked around it.

I tried that cheat today. It was pretty cool driving around the cities with barely any traffic and no pedestrians. It was a very different San Andreas! :)

Spuds725
thanks Emohawk-- give this man a Karma star!!! (oops wrong message board)..
:lol: 👍

Speaking of that message board, I think you get at least two stars just for being a Euro. Constantly insulting the U.S. gets you another, and more can be earned by having a sig with links to kook-fringe left-wing websites. Don`t forget to blaspheme God for what should now be a full compliment of "karma stars" :rolleyes:. Since Emohawk`s Canadian, he has a shot as long as he does the things mentioned above. If you`re an American, do all of the above plus brown-nose the mods; there is a small chance of earning one then.

Emohawk
From my own cheat sheet:
X down up R2 down triangle L1 triangle left

It's not 'no traffic' it's just 'hardly any traffic (and sparse peds)'. If you take the highway from LV to SF, for example, you'll see maybe 6 cars.
And be extra carefull about wrecking in the middle of nowhere, it's a looong walk out. :D

I still havent found time to try the cheat yet. One question, are there still police cars around? and if you do the wanted level cheat will anyone even show up other than foot police?

When you do this cheat all sorts of cars drive around (including police cars), but they are so rare you’ll hardly ever see them.

There are also no peds. I’m not sure if this changes when yuo have a wanted level.

I've never put it in with the cops already after me, although I've thought about it. It could make for some good police chases with no innocent bystanders to get in your way.
I've had a one star level (for tossing molotovs, blowing up my car, etc) with the cheat on, but nobody ever showed up, so it just went away.

I'm thinking buying All GTA PS2 series if I ever get bored.
I have SA, and I can easily et VC and GTA3 under $25 :D
I think I'll buy LCS in about 6 month.

Edit : I don't know if I'll do that tought.

Hey guys! This sucks that I can’t contribute to the conversations on here as much as I would like. Also, I don’t even have any GTA games here at West Point, so I won’t be posting any records, except when I get to play during break. I guess my life has changed quite drastically since high school graduation. June of last year, I left my Kansas home for New York. I spent 6 and a half weeks during Cadet Basic Training, which was a lot of getting yelled at, getting hazed, doing pushups, standing in lines at issue points, waking up at 5:15 every morning for physical training, and learning basic Army skills. The cool stuff that I did included shooting my M16A2 assault rifle A LOT, learning bayonet skills and going through the Rifle-Bayonet Assault Course, going through the Grenade Assault Course, throwing live grenades, going through the gas chamber, ruck marching miles and miles, sleeping in the woods, learning Close Quarters Combat, and a few other things. It was a tough summer, but I learned a lot. I was considered a “New Cadet” during that time, which is the scum of the earth :sly:.

In August, I graduated to a “cadet” when the academic year began. There are about 1,200 people in my class, ranging from 17 to 23 years old. I’m only a Plebe (freshman), so I still have to do stupid things, like delivering laundry to upperclassmen, greeting all upperclassmen, not talking outside, and learning “Plebe knowledge.” West Point is a military academy, but it is also a college. I have regular classes. Most of which are taught by Army officers with PhD’s. Schoolwork is tough, and I’m always studying, like a regular college I guess.

There are many things that separate this place from civilian colleges though. First of all, my overall GPA is made up of three “pillars”: 55% academics, 30% military, and 15% physical. The military grade is determined by several things. I have many different uniforms for different occasions, and they all need to be nice and ironed and look good. I also have to shine my shoes and leather boots. I have a formation before every breakfast and lunch, which are mandatory on every weekday. I take a Military Science class every semester. I have to keep my room nice and clean. I also have random military training every once in a while. As a Plebe, I’m required to take half-semester courses in Swimming, Gymnastics, and Boxing. I’m also required to participate in an intramural every semester, and take a physical fitness test every semester.

Money isn’t really an issue here. I have a cadet account which receives a deposit of about $800 bucks per month. I get $200 of it for my personal use. The rest pays for my books, uniforms, laundry, barber, and several other expenses. I was also issued a nice laptop and printer at the beginning of the year. Everything else is also paid for by the government. All my money pretty much goes toward traveling expenses, like bus and plane tickets home, which is about 1500 miles away. The next time I’ll be back is for about 3.5 days over President’s Day weekend. I always miss home.

Overall, life isn’t too bad here at the academy. There are high standards in everything (uniform appearance, rooms, military bearing, physical fitness, academic grades, leadership, social behavior, knowing army knowledge, and just general professionalism), but I’ve gotten used to it. There are a lot of mandatory things and places to be at certain times, which gives little time for actual homework. Sleep deprivation during the week is quite common. There are fun things to do though. We have a massive Physical Development Center, supporting every sport. The Plebes have huge pillow fights in central area every once in a while. I went to Six Flags on a trip section for free, where the cadets were guests, and they let us ride the fastest and highest roller coaster in the world 4 times in a row. I’ve seen Jon Stewart live here. I went to an opera a couple days ago, and I’m going to see David Copperfield next weekend. I don’t have to worry about buying clothes, or getting food, or housing, or laundry. It’s not too bad.

Next summer, I’m doing 8 weeks of Cadet Field Training. That’ll be awesome! Anyways, that’s my life in a nutshell. If you’re confused about anything, or you want to know more about the United States Military Academy, just ask me. You guys are my friends :dopey:!

BTW, does anybody facebook?

Long time no see Deli Dingo:sly:

This Miltary Academy thing seems very exciting, you've been a busy boy! Can you still find some time for GTA?

I tried something like that for a week with the British army but not as cool i didnt get to shoot or anything like that. I didnt like it much(i enjoy sleeping rather than jogging in the cold!)

Hey Deli Dingo, good to hear from you! It’s good that you’re enjoying life at the academy, it sounds like you’ve been doing a lot.

Are you getting good marks? It sounds like you’re doing everything that you have to.

Is there much of a social life at the academy? From what you say it sounds like you’ve been getting out a fair bit, but no mention of other cadets… :guilty:

I’m much like Slick Rick, I’m definatly not made for the military! :dopey: Warm beds and late mornings are much more appealing to me. :lol:

Hey, I just got back from Chemistry class.

For the academic year, I'm usually up by about 6:00 am to get ready for breakfast formation. Even when their's lots of snow outside, it's still nice and warm in my barracks. My room is like a regular college dorm, except it's really neat and organized, everybody has the exact same furniture, and I think it's a little bigger than a normal college dorm room. I actually want to buy a PS2, so that I can play every once in a while. I'd probably only have time to play on weekends though. Actually, I could get SA for my computer, but then I'd be starting from scratch again, and I really don't want to do that.

I am quite pleased with my first semester's grades. They're not as good as what I'm used to from high school, but this college stuff is a lot tougher. I think I'm a fair bit above average for my class, and that's good enough for me. The social life here isn't too bad. I usually go over to my freinds' rooms to just talk, and we usually get together after classes to work out. Also, we can get together on weekends and watch a movie at the cadet theatre, or go play football, or walk into town (about a mile), or just hang out around post. Some weekends, we can even take a train or a cab down to NYC. I only really hang out with other Plebes (freshmen) though, because there is actually a rule against Plebes doing certain things with upperclassmen (all the other classes). A Plebe can't date an upperclassmen or even hang out together with upperclassmen. I think it's to teach us subordination, but next year, we'll have a lot more privileges. Dating among other Plebes is acceptable though. There are about 7 male cadets to every 1 female cadet, but that doesn't bother me, because I still have a g/f back home. Long-distance relationships are tough though.

Anyways, I really like the military aspects of this place, and that's why I decided to come here. (And for an Ivy League-quality education that I pay for by serving as an officer for 5 years in the Army after I graduate)

Reminds me of Navy boot camp.... :nervous:

except was only 8 weeks, I lived in an open bay barracks with 80 other guys-- and we couldn't date ;)

Deli
Hey guys! This sucks that I can’t contribute to the conversations on here as much as I would like. Also, I don’t even have any GTA games here at West Point, so I won’t be posting any records, except when I get to play during break. I guess my life has changed quite drastically since high school graduation. June of last year, I left my Kansas home for New York. I spent 6 and a half weeks during Cadet Basic Training, which was a lot of getting yelled at, getting hazed, doing pushups, standing in lines at issue points, waking up at 5:15 every morning for physical training, and learning basic Army skills. The cool stuff that I did included shooting my M16A2 assault rifle A LOT, learning bayonet skills and going through the Rifle-Bayonet Assault Course, going through the Grenade Assault Course, throwing live grenades, going through the gas chamber, ruck marching miles and miles, sleeping in the woods, learning Close Quarters Combat, and a few other things. It was a tough summer, but I learned a lot.
Ah, I see you're taking those valuable skills learnt from all of those years of playing GTA, and putting them to use, eh? Nice work. :sly:
Deli
Overall, life isn’t too bad here at the academy. There are high standards in everything (uniform appearance, rooms, military bearing, physical fitness, academic grades, leadership, social behavior, knowing army knowledge, and just general professionalism), but I’ve gotten used to it. There are a lot of mandatory things and places to be at certain times, which gives little time for actual homework. Sleep deprivation during the week is quite common. There are fun things to do though. We have a massive Physical Development Center, supporting every sport. The Plebes have huge pillow fights in central area every once in a while. I went to Six Flags on a trip section for free, where the cadets were guests, and they let us ride the fastest and highest roller coaster in the world 4 times in a row. I’ve seen Jon Stewart live here. I went to an opera a couple days ago, and I’m going to see David Copperfield next weekend. I don’t have to worry about buying clothes, or getting food, or housing, or laundry. It’s not too bad.
Really, man, I'm very happy for you. Despite the discipline and hard work (which are pretty much good things in themselves), it seems like you're enjoying yourself a lot, and it seems that you have a good life where you're at at the moment.

Mate, I wish you nothing but the best in your future at the academy, and in your life.
Deli
BTW, does anybody facebook?
I'm not quite sure what that is ... but I use Flipbook, if that's anything of the like.

DQuaN
How many of the 80 guys did you want to date? :odd:

Hardly any of them.... :dopey:

I'm kidding of course... actually, I went through boot camp at the one base where girls went through too. They were in seperate companies and you weren't supposed to even talk to them but you wouldn't believe the number of hookups that occurred right after boot camp--- was like shooting fish in a barrel.... :) .... apparently most of the girls that join the navy are slutty... 👍 but that shouldn't be your reason to join...

Welcome back Jimmy-- hope you had a good break--- or was that post just a break from your break???

Jimmy Enslashay
Mate, I wish you nothing but the best in your future at the academy, and in your life.

Thanks, man! I really appreciate that.

I just got back from a boxing match where my friend was going against this guy from the Naval Academy. Navy won, sadly, but it was my friend's first competition match. That sucks that Chris Penn died though :indiff:.

This just occured to me this afternoon as I was trying to get a Rhino from Area 69. As long as you are in the fenced in area where all the Rhinos are located you are fine from all the agencies hunting you down. All you have to worry about are the helicopters flying around shooting at you, and they are easy to avoid. You can run around freely without any worries. All of this is ironic because you are in probably the most dangerous area on the map and yet you are perfectly safe from the FBI, SWAT, and military. Doesnt seem right to me.

Its good though, you have plenty of time to organise how the hell your gonna get out! :lol:

And Deli, Best wishes from me also! Sounds like your pursuing something you really enjoy! 👍

I havnt played GTA SA in ages :crazy:

Well, like you said, as long as you are in the area where the Rhinos are parked. The other half of Area 69 crawls with those redneck cops.

Has anyone experienced a glitch where all the traffic spawns like it does on the freeway from LS to SF? Only faster still.
Happened to me a couple weeks ago for some reason (I don't even use cheats) I mean everywhere, cities, rural areas, all the cars spawned and drove ridiculously fast. I could drive against traffic and not even crash since the game wasn't able to process its cars smashing into mine, they went that fast. Pile ups like the ones on the Julius Thruways happened all over the place. After a couple minutes of driving around (or if I tried flying) the PS2 would just freeze up, couldn't handle spawning the traffic as fast as the game wanted to I guess. Cars literally flashed across the screen.

It was my mistake to save the game after I had noticed that, I was hoping it would reset itself the next time I'd start it up. I deleted the entire SA file and began from scratch a few days ago. Lost all my pictures (had some pretty funny ones) and my 650+ hours of game time, but at least I can play without the game freezing up every 5 minutes.

Um, pictures are saved seperately to the game files, they shouldn’t have been lost…

I deleted the whole save file in the browser of the PS2, not just the screwed up game save. I had 2 game saves in the SA file and I had reason to believe the other one was glitched as well.

Spuds
Welcome back Jimmy-- hope you had a good break--- or was that post just a break from your break???
Howdy, all. I still post here on GTP whenever I'm home, but lately I've been disappearing for 5 or 6 days every now and then, and spending one day at home in between, usually, so I don't get to post too often. Though when I'm home, I do spend time catching up a lot with things online.

Sadly, though, I don't spend a lot of time here in the GTA Forum, as Blake has the Record Book under control, and there's not much need, seeing as I don't play GTA anymore. I barely watch TV or play PStwo as it is ... and when I do play PStwo, I play FIFA06.

But it's nice to catch up with you guys every now and again, I do kind of miss my long-activity in this forum. But I must say I'm enjoying life more than I ever have before, so no complaints. Mostly whilst I'm at GTP, anyhow, I'm either moderating, or posting in the Music Forum or Rumble Strip. After that, I'm usually done.

Either way, good to see things are still running fine. Feel free to drop me a PM at any time, though I'll try and get in here every now and again to see what's happening.

How's the little one going, Spuds?

Jimmy Enslashay
How's the little one going, Spuds?

Little ones you mean...

the 3 year old is a chatter box, loves to help do everything (cept clean up his toys)

The 10 1/2 month old is now walking (for about 2 weeks now)-- and gets around real fast (whether walking or crawling) and puts anything that will fit in his mouth-- his mom had to give him the heimlich maneuver a last month.

Our next kid (the last one) is due Mar 17th.

All are boys...

I haven't played any GTA for a while but am looking forward to LCS for PS2... I have been playing Star Wars Battlefront II lately (when I get a chance)--- alot better then the first one-- the onlything I don't like is you only get one Jedi life and you usually don't have enough time to get decent with them-- the force is weak with this one ;)

So you have been living in the 3D world huh?? I've heard rumors that it exists but never really believed it.... :dopey:

Agreed this section doesn't need much moderating...so while your presence is missed, the moderation you bring isn't...

Take it ez Jimmy...

Well, I'm back. The latest news surrounding Liberty City Stories coming to PS2, my want for information on GTA 4, and my recent return to GTA 3 and Vice City playing has brought me back to the GTA Forum again, not that it is anything of major news or anything, I just thought I'd let you guys know.

I'll leave the San Andreas Record Book under Blake's "control", however I have the ability to edit anyone's post, therefore I've decided to share it. Though, I don't think it will be much of a task, considering that San Andreas has really just died of late.

Yeah nobody wants to knock me off :lol: 👍

Im playing some GTA3 lately so i will be more active also 👍

Good to know your kids are fine spuds! 👍 :cheers:

Back