The Official Off Topic GTA Thread

• Thread starter Blake
  • 1,154 comments
You might want to check with them first... or just ask if Blake intends to update it any time soon...he might just be in a time crunch (like me).
I may try that. Since I`ve still got a month or so `till I post, maybe Blake will return or something. I just hate to see the SA record book die a slow, agonizing death; it seems that`s what`s happening :(.

@KM-I never tried any of the Driver or True Crime games, `cause I heard they sucked; you seem to agree with that. I don`t know anything about Dead Rising, but I`ll check it out, thanks 👍.
I may regret the Saint`s Row thing, but I`m gonna give it a whirl. Hell, I may just start playing VC again 💡 !!

Yeah, I really do intend to update the record book, I’m just being incredibly lazy with my online commitments at the moment. I’ll do it now, feel free to post your records whenever you like GrandpaLonghair, I’ll get to them.

That was the update from hell… that’ll teach me to leave it 3 months between updates. 🤬

Been there, done that..

When we started the SA book, I was of the opinion it should have been a group book (different people doing different sections) just because of its size...

I think the reason I kept up the VC one so well was because I was so active in it..

Hi GrandpaLonghair!
It is actually quite fun killing friendly gang members, I usually run them over with a Rhino on the boulevard in east Los Santos, or recruit them and then throw satchels on them. :D

Looking forward to see your overall killing record! :scared:

Since this is off-topic...

Do any MTA users wish to form a GTP Clan?
That isn't a bad idea at all.

My name is James[UK]. Maybe we could call ourselves something like [GTP]James[UK]?

That would make me [GTP]Grim

Let's go for it!
Wanna log onto Betafield Server and try it out?

You ain`t seen nothin` yet, Blake :ouch:. But I promise my next update will be my last, at least for SA. I`m countin` on ya! 👍

Next weekend (jan 13th) will probably be a good weekend for me to find time to update the rankings- my next chance will not likely be til the weekend of the 27th (or two week increments after).... so if you post your stats and Blake updates I'll update them... I don't want to do it before...

Whats the best way to get a huge car pile up so you can blow them up. I tried jacking a whole bunch of cars and then parking them together but after the sixth car nothing else shows up, the streets are empty. Any advice?

I tried that yesterday but again only 6 cars showed up and then the motorway was empty!! When one car left, a few seconds later another showed up but only 6 cars were there at any one time.

Do you think its a glitch in my game or something?

Just tried again, and noted that it works best at high speed, and on the Las Venturas ringroad. At lower speeds and especially on surface roads you rarely see more than 5 vehicles at a time, but first attempt on the LV ringroad and I had 8 assorted vehicles bouncing off each other.

I think it might be a side effect of the pop-up effect - the game is spawning traffic faster than it can disappear after you suddenly stop your truck sideways.

Does anyone know how much you can store in the big garage at the abandoned airstrip? It sure seems like a lot, but I want to make sure.

It's a big hanger, but it only holds 4 or 5 vehicles. Makes no difference if they are helecopters or bicycles - the save will only remember the last few vehicles to enter.

Thanks! I've got another question. I'm working on getting my territories back, and was wondering what car holds the most people, and how many it holds. Also, how many territories do you need to take over in order to continue with Sweet's missions? Thanks again!

The Bus (Coach?) will hold all the gangmembers you can recruit.
Regular cars will carry 3 passengers at most.

I think you need to own 35% (?) of all territories to continue.

Back