The Parity Club - Interest Check and TestingFinished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,011 comments
Did some karting today with my buddies, started third but quickly took the lead and managed to lap about half the field and set the fastest time of the day. :cool:
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm going to have a testing room up momentarily, we can do some practice races as well if people want.

Edit: room's up.

Edit again: using hobbsy's public room -- 1472-6118-3916-1737-5511

Room closed

Last edited:
Good practice today, I think I've finally given up on finding a good setup for the Hyundai Genesis. I'll be going with the '07 MX-5, in Nero Nemesis with Austin Yellow wheels. :)

Might take another stab at the Hyundai later this week out of stubbornness, though.

Good racing. I think my S2000 is on target, just need to get used to the added weight. Removed all weight reduction and added power. So need to adjust driving style slightly.

I jumped on but couldn't see any friends' rooms so I hooned various things around the Schlife for a bit. Tomorrow is a holiday and I'm off work so I'll probably be on at one point or more.

I jumped on but couldn't see any friends' rooms so I hooned various things around the Schlife for a bit. Tomorrow is a holiday and I'm off work so I'll probably be on at one point or more.

That was happening to me, couldn't see any friends' rooms at all despite half a dozen people being on. I could only find @hobbsy 's room via manual search.

That was happening to me, couldn't see any friends' rooms at all despite half a dozen people being on. I could only find @hobbsy 's room via manual search.

It's been so long since I've used a room number I didn't even think to do that. :dunce: Oh well, I had fun tossing my Yellowbird around the ring. :P

If anyone's interested in a quick read, here's the history of the area I visited this weekend. It's a really neat and beautiful area full of history. (The parts about the golf courses aren't really relevant) http://www.golfclubatlas.com/frenck-lick-resort/

image.jpg
image.jpg

This dome is 200ft tall. :eek:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Oh well, I had fun tossing my Yellowbird around the ring. :P

@BrandonW77, I have a challenge with the yellowbird if your interested...?

Stock yellowbird (fresh oil allowed), Nurburgring, no aids at all, CM tyres, and H-shifter with clutch... Target lap time 8:05.000

I think the time will be a little too easy with CS's. Obviously the use of a clutch is a slight hindrance, but I've been trying to run it as close as possible to the real thing! A sequential or flappy paddles will save lots of time over THAT lap.

I'll see if I can hook up my h-shifter and give it a crack but I'm sure I won't be able to get close to that time on CM and sans ABS. If you guys don't hear from me again it's because I died at Flugplatz. :boggled:

I was about 5 secs off the time, but that may have been on the CS's and a scruffy lap. I remember thinking i could easily get to the 8min mark so dropped the tyre compound. Also I feel that a car with this amount of power (and it extends to others as well), if you were to boot it you should easily overcome traction.

The CM's seem like a good representation of "Real" tyres!

I think the CM's and 0 ABS I could manage (with practice) but the shifter will probably trip me up. I've never even used my Fanatec h-shifter and was never very good with the G27 version. Even though I've driven a manual for a decade or more it always felt foreign to me on GT. I'll give it a go though.

Saved a great Replay from yesterdays trainings session. Close Racing, Nice and Clean.

Hi bob. You're welcome to join us, just make sure you've read the OP and understand what Parity is about. We tune our cars to meet a certain lap time and top speed and not to a list of specs. This results in a very even playing field and some incredibly intense racing. You can use any RWD car you want as long as it meets the targets listed in the second post. Send me a FR, I'll probably have a test session later today. 👍

@hobbsy are you doing the Yellowbird challenge online or offline?

Let me just add to what Brandon said. The car should be premium so you can add number plates to the car. The number plate you should use are the square ones with gran turismo at the top and the car should be post 1989

@hobbsy I got 8:06.6 with CM and no aids, but I was using the sequential shifter. Now that I have a feel for it I'll try the h-shifter.

@BrandonW77 Good run, I'd be surprised if you don't drop quite a bit of time with the H-shifter though.
And yes, was running online when testing.

Doubt I will join you guys tonight, enjoy

Sorry for bailing early. Cat got restless and preparing to sleep.

Good stuff, happy with my S2K

Last edited:
Good practice today, seems like most everyone is catching onto the method. The packs seemed to stay pretty close and I saw lots of bumper-to-bumper and door-to-door racing. The only had part I'm going to have is choosing cars, I quite like that cracking little Clio, the MX-5 and S2K are good little motors too.

I'll have the room open by at least 7:00pm EDT for a final bit of practice and tuning, racing will start at 8. We'll do two 10 minute races and a 20 minute race with short breaks in between for final adjustments.

Back