The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,469 comments
Huh.

maher-cojones.jpg

maher-kanye.jpg

Weird.

The most hilarious thing about that “meme” is that one of the most guilty subreddits of those things listed is the Conservative that goes as far as to make threads that are Flair-only & bans without a second thought. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't get how capitalism is supposed to be represented.
I'm not sure he was saying they were representative of capitalism as much as he was using it as a descriptive term. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Truth to tell, I just quoted the post for the embedded meme and didn't pay much attention to the comment.
The most hilarious thing about that “meme” is that the one of the most guilty subreddits of those things listed is the Conservative that goes as far as to make threads that are Flair-only & bans without a second thought. :lol:
Republicans are red, too. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not sure he was saying they were representative of capitalism as much as he was using it as a descriptive term. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Truth to tell, I just quoted the post for the embedded meme and didn't pay much attention to the comment.
If one is described as a capitalist, conservative or otherwise, capitalism is purported to be represented. Maybe it comes from the invocation of the bogeyman that is communism, but that doesn't work even if it's more than mere bogeyman because communism doesn't directly contrast with capitalism. There is an absence of capitalism in the communist state, but they're not simple opposites. The description of communism is also bad because it involves things which tend to correlate with the communist state but which are not intrinsic to communism. Communism is bad without including things which are not communism.

The second meme itself isn't bad. Sure, it misrepresents things, but it does so in a way which conservatives frequently misrepresent them and as such it doesn't misrepresent conservatives. The comment detracts from the meme.

If one is described as a capitalist, conservative or otherwise, capitalism is purported to be represented. Maybe it comes from the invocation of the bogeyman that is communism, but that doesn't work even if it's more than mere bogeyman because communism doesn't directly contrast with capitalism. There is an absence of capitalism in the communist state, but they're not simple opposites. The description of communism is also bad because it involves things which tend to correlate with the communist state but which are not intrinsic to communism. Communism is bad without including things which are not communism.

The second meme itself isn't bad. Sure, it misrepresents things, but it does so in a way which conservatives frequently misrepresent them and as such it doesn't misrepresent conservatives. The comment detracts from the meme.
OK. Would free-marketeers have been a better description for you since the first half of the meme specifically says they supported the free market? He could have just said "conservatives" but I think that'd possibly lose out on the irony of their being against communism until it suited them.

Last edited:
OK. Would free-marketeers have been a better description for you since the first half of the meme specifically says they supported the free market? He could have just said "conservatives" but I think that'd possibly lose out on the irony of their being against communism until it suited them.
I think "conservatives" works fine as I'd expect conservatives to support any system which is to their benefit and not their detriment, even as that same system is to the detriment but not the benefit of others; in-groups protected but not bound and out-groups bound but not protected. That system may be a communist state.

While conservatives frequently purport to be for free markets, government intervention in the marketplace has long been policy in conservative governance, be it protectionism or prohibitionism.

Maybe "free market" conservatives works, where the support for free markets is called into question (as it should be when referring to the position of conservatives) through the use of scare quotes.

Give this man's team props, they know how to play along sometimes. This most likely in response to the conspiracy the Chiefs would win b/c Taylor Swift is a psy-op. :lol:

I was half wanting Kelce to ram it in the endzone dragging those 49ers with him to see the reaction from conspiracy theorists.

I miss the good old days when you could hate a football team for being from the wrong city, or because they beat your team, or because the quarterback's girlfriend is annoying. Why did it have to get so political?

Latest Posts

Back