The Porsche 911 GT2 RS Brings the Nürburgring Crown Home to Germany

That's incredible! Well done to these guys, just goes to show how far modern sports cars have come, considering that's the same time the Zonda R ran back in 2010.

I'm trying to make 7'20" with the 911 GT3 RS in PCars2, the real world record with that car. It has a lovely handling at the limit but I'm still far for that time. More than 30" faster is so insane !! And almost at night !!

Do we really need another thread for this?... Already being discussed in the 991 thread.

I boggles my mind that a 911, albeit a psycho-911, gets round the green hell in the same time the Pagani Zonda R did. The one is a track day Racer based on an already out-of space supercar with full carbon monocoque, racing rubber and excessive downforce, the other is a fine tuned, very fast but still production-line 911.

I wonder if Porsche is really just proud of it....a 911 smashing it´s crown jewel, the 918 by 10 seconds, which in racing Terms is a thrashing.

Why not? Its just newer and newer is better a new hypercar from will be faster again then the GT2 RS but believe me its a handfull to drive that fast with that car compared to a 918. A normal person would drive the 918 faster then the GT2 RS. And since only rich people who dont like driving like this will get the car we will never see a video like Porsche did ever again ;)

The car looks hooked up, immense grip. Impressive!
Such a shame that it handles like a large bus in the Forza demo, though.
IMO best way to approach Forza games is to view the cars in the game as being high-powered shopping trolleys. Understeer like crazy at speed, oversteer at lower speeds. Good supermarket sim. :lol:

I boggles my mind that a 911, albeit a psycho-911, gets round the green hell in the same time the Pagani Zonda R did. The one is a track day Racer based on an already out-of space supercar with full carbon monocoque, racing rubber and excessive downforce, the other is a fine tuned, very fast but still production-line 911.

I wonder if Porsche is really just proud of it....a 911 smashing it´s crown jewel, the 918 by 10 seconds, which in racing Terms is a thrashing.
It's over 4 years ago since 918 did under 7 minutes time, time flies! VAG must be happy with the records while they can get them, topped the SR8LM finally. If the Aston Martin Valkyrie does a push lap on the 'Ring, the more normal looking cars don't stand a chance really so not much window of opportunity to be a record holder before it gets potentially destroyed. Hopefully under 6 minutes is managed soon.

Why not? Its just newer and newer is better a new hypercar from will be faster again then the GT2 RS but believe me its a handfull to drive that fast with that car compared to a 918. A normal person would drive the 918 faster then the GT2 RS.

Not only does the GT2 RS have 700bhp available all the time compared to the 918's 600bhp but, according to Preuninger, it also weighs less, has more downforce and more mechanical grip. What makes you think it would be harder to drive fast compared to a 918, and what would make the 918 easier at that speed for a "normal person"?

Not only does the GT2 RS have 700bhp available all the time compared to the 918's 600bhp but, according to Preuninger, it also weighs less, has more downforce and more mechanical grip. What makes you think it would be harder to drive fast compared to a 918, and what would make the 918 easier at that speed for a "normal person"?
Because the reputation of GT2 (RS) because of real wheel drive with 700hp and because the 918 is known for its easy drive. Of course i dont have experience but driving a RS like that over the ring you have to be a good driver with a big set of balls haha

Latest Posts

Back