The Racers & Chasers Club

• Thread starter jwesson1
  • 662 comments
I think it's a great idea to ban the convertibles for law enforcement use. It's wildly unrealistic, and borderline silly. If we're getting rid of them, you should probably get rid of the Willys Jeep and the CJ5 Renegade from the Rhino list.

Also that means anyone using the International or the Bronco as a Rhino will have to keep the roof on.

@SonicCharmeleon is that an indication that you will be coming along for this Lobby?

Last edited:
I think it's a great idea to ban the convertibles for law enforcement use. It's wildly unrealistic, and borderline silly. If we're getting rid of them, you should probably get rid of the Willys Jeep and the CJ5 Renegade from the Rhino list.

Also that means anyone using the International or the Bronco as a Rhino will have to keep the roof on.

@SonicCharmeleon is that an indication that you will be coming along for this Lobby?
Hopefully I can make it.

A couple of observations made in today's lobby :

(Please bear in mind these are my own observations that were made based on today's A-class south Edinburgh lobby),
  • We're struggling to name areas within the map where a chase is heading to or where that chase is currently taking place - No doubt this will change as we become more familiar with the games map areas - Tram Road (Sounds the same, looks very different) / Castle Area / Police HQ are some of the ones we're come up with so far.
  • There was much less chitter chatter going on over the radio (Mics) but still many laughs were had over it.

• We should have been using sim damage a long time ago - Adds a much more realistic feel to the whole lobby.

• The changing seasons change how an open petrol lobby feels & what petrol cars you use (Winter time you more likely to use an SUV than a sports car & vice versa come Summer time).

• Less Pandamonium happened due to me not knowing the area that well - This will rectified in future south Edinburgh lobbies ;)

Last edited:
Here's a view of real streets in downtown Edinburgh. This can be narrowed down a lot since its not to scale in game. Most important street names to know are Princes Street, Royal Mile and Waverley Bridge.
EnjoyEdinburghMap_Canongate-Aug-2014.gif

Also for splitting up the city, South Edinburgh is Edinburgh Old Town, the north is Edinburgh New Town.

Regards,

Someone who's been to Edinburgh

Definetely force street tyres to be the minimum on every car.

As for engine swaps, I think the racing engines (turbo rally, 4 rotor, NASCAR V8, trophy truck V8, F50 GT V12, etc.) should all be banned but I don't think theres anything wrong with allowing the street legal engines.

On every single car or just the ones I posted above?
I'd say for every car. If it's a car that doesn't gain a lot from them, then the PI will reflect that as I've seen some cars only gain around 10-15 PI from street tyres while the muscle cars that desperately need them gain around 80 PI from Vintage Racing Tyres.

I have to say, last nights lobby was quite possibly one of the best we've ever had. Loads of great pursuits and very few issues aside from some us not really knowing the map.

And now some videos

Sorry about the terrible in-game audio quality. Only way to get the video footage was to upload them to Onedrive and that just killed the video quality for some reason.

Don't forget to lik and subscrib

I can make it. Haven't got any C-class cop cars though, I didn't think we were going to do that class again...

Back