The REAL 1000km Sierra - Circuito de la Sierra Endurance RaceFinished 

I accept that point entirely, but that wasn't the point you made. You used the word 'trying' in respect of drivers safely navigating the course on C/H, implying that it is difficult. It isn't. And it is only when people do give it a long enough go to acclimatise that they find out that it isn't impossible, and that it is much more engaging than blasting around with physics defying grip, holding the throttle 100% open 99% of the time.

The 'I'm not even going to try' attitude is precisely why there are far too few people interested in finding out how enjoyable managing a smaller grip/power/braking/steering envelope can be.

You could perhaps do with adding a bit of open mindedness to your looks, charm and sense of humour.

Cheers, Zo. (Note to TeamCZR, I'm sorry to have hijacked your thread somewhat, but I have difficulty accepting the 'I haven't done it, but I know all about it' mentality some people have. I promise I'll shut up now.)

I accept that point entirely, but that wasn't the point you made. You used the word 'trying' in respect of drivers safely navigating the course on C/H, implying that it is difficult. It isn't. And it is only when people do give it a long enough go to acclimatise that they find out that it isn't impossible, and that it is much more engaging than blasting around with physics defying grip, holding the throttle 100% open 99% of the time.

The 'I'm not even going to try' attitude is precisely why there are far too few people interested in finding out how enjoyable managing a smaller grip/power/braking/steering envelope can be.

You could perhaps do with adding a bit of open mindedness to your looks, charm and sense of humour.

Cheers, Zo. (Note to TeamCZR, I'm sorry to have hijacked your thread somewhat, but I have difficulty accepting the 'I haven't done it, but I know all about it' mentality some people have. I promise I'll shut up now.)

I am fully aware that it is not impossible to do. But if you were here for the 500km practice race a while back, you would see that it is not feasible for our talent pool. The drivers had a very hard time as it was, and it made for some awesome racing. That's the beauty of this race. We're trying to appeal to the average GT player who wants a serious challenge, rather than the aliens. Have a nice day.

What's the planned start date for this? Also, if possible, I would like to use the McLaren F1 GTR race car. I realize it would need to be detuned quite a bit. If this car is out of the question let me know (I don't want to put a work load on you to determine a BofP for this car).

What's the planned start date for this? Also, if possible, I would like to use the McLaren F1 GTR race car. I realize it would need to be detuned quite a bit. If this car is out of the question let me know (I don't want to put a work load on you to determine a BofP for this car).

Actually, I think I've started testing that one. I'll need to double check, but I certainly won't say it's out of the question.

This should cover most of the options that you have:

GT3
600hp, 1350kg

GT500
450hp, 1100kg

Deltawing (for the insane)
250hp, 650kg

Can I use the McLaren F1 GTR as mentioned previously? It can't conform to GT3 standards (below minimum weight) but can probably work for GT500 class? Also when is this event?

Can I use the McLaren F1 GTR as mentioned previously? It can't conform to GT3 standards (below minimum weight) but can probably work for GT500 class? Also when is this event?

I will spec yours and any others that don't fall into those categories individually. As for when, I don't honestly know. I haven't seen @TeamCZRRacing in this thread in quite a while.

We're waiting until we can get at least eight concrete entries. That'll allow us to be spotlighted on the news page, which in turn should draw more attention and entries.

Last I counted, we had four definite ones, and now there are 5 other possible entrants on this page, if I'm counting right.

I think now would be a good time to agree on a date and time. How's next Saturday at 1pm EST sound, everyone?

I'm confirming my registration, if you will.

PSNID: CODEDestro
Vehicle: Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11

My PS3 will most likely be running a NAT Type 2 connection at all times, so any erratic driving pattern or lag will be attributed to that.

EDIT: I feel like it's better to ask all my questions here right now. So;

1. Am I allowed a co-driver? Just in case I fall asleep at the wheel or something. :P
2. What time is this event planning to happen? My time zone is GMT +8 so I'll most likely need to be up in the wee hours of the morning for this
Yes, you are allowed a co-driver, but it's more fun going it alone as it draws out the personal endurance aspects more.

I realise that this is a worry people have Cheeze, but crashing is a product of going too fast in any particular circumstances, and people who are going to crash crash whatever tyre they are on, it just that you do it slower on C/H. Yes, take someone who's never used them and they'll be all over the place until they wake up to the fact that they don't defy physics. However, once that is recognised and people drive accordingly then there is no reason why they should crash any more frequently than on any other tyre, only on C/H there is more time to get yourself out of the problem, and you'll be going slower when you hit whatever it is, hence, reducing the chance of damage.

I did say give it a go, and I'm very confident that you haven't, or you would have seen how easy they are to drive on C/H.
Cheers, Zo.
My main concern with CH tires is that we had 27 cautions last time, and because of it the race lasted much longer than it needed to, and the amount of spinning resulted in a very strung-out race. RH tires would be more sensible IMO given the length and technicality of the track and the race. There would be fewer mistakes because of the higher grip, so the racing would be closer.

Back