The Scary Side Of SA. (Rumors and the Unexplained, Spoilers Contained, Who Cares?)

• Thread starter MistaX
  • 489 comments
Lemke
Yep. Its just an archway. Not really a cave at all. Nothing special really.

Well everybody calls it a cave, so I assumed it was, and there isn't much there I know, but go up there anyway, for me, and see if you get the flashes

benzoboy
Well everybody calls it a cave, so I assumed it was, and there isn't much there I know, but go up there anyway, for me, and see if you get the flashes
I was up there last night for about an hour or so (real time) and I didnt see any flashes. I'll try again later today.

something honesty weird. you cant mod the sandking? right? well, i got into it and lo and behold...it had hydraulics. i can get pictures to prove it if need be :)

everything else is bullcrap. ive noticed the rolling 'ghost' cars and had fun driving off so they respawn. its a buggy respawn point probably.

The reason your sandking has hydralics, is because sometimes it spawns that way. I didn't realise that either, untill small_fryz told me ;)

Jon.
The reason your sandking has hydralics, is because sometimes it spawns that way. I didn't realise that either, untill small_fryz told me ;)

and its good hydraulics too! cos some cars have really slow crap hydraulics. this probably has the hydraulics you can put on voodoos and suchlike because the travel of them is huge

one time i got into Area 69, and i saw someone in a white tank top and blue jeans with a machine gun, who was shooting all the cops.

i got closer, it was a clone of C.J !

it was copying me in every way, every direction i moved, he moved. everytime i jumped, he jumped.

wierd.....:ill:

(Mod voice) Why would you resurrect a thread that is almost a year old for something that we know is false, it's like you didn't even try. Go to the corner and think about what you done. Next time, post something meaningful. Thank you. (Mod voice)

Anyway, I still think they're things to be found in the countryside, it's just too big for nothing else to be out there. I'll go search Red County later for anything strange.

Maybe you're just confused? :lol:

Red County seems vacant of anything suspicious, heading towards Blueberry and Back O' Beyond next. "Hops in Rancher, cranks up the Lynard Skynard."

That's rude, I wasn't being mean to you, I was being stern. I'm sorry if I upset you. :)

On topic: I didn't find anything all that unusual in Blueberry, then again I didn't look that good, I wrecked the Rancher after some "unpleasentness" with the Police, so I stole a Sultan.

I have all the answers:

WAIT, NO I DONT, CAUSE MOD's KNOW EVERYTHING!!!

DO WHAT I DID, GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT AND VISIT WIKIPEDIA, THEN POST IT ALL HERE TRYING TO HELP OUT AND GET PUNISHED FOR FORGETTING TO PUT A LINK TO THE SITE IN!

OOPS, IM IN CAPS, OH WELL, STIFF! :rolleyes:

I have all the answers:
Correction, the all-mighty Wikipedia has all the answers. It's not considered good form to copy and paste entire pages from other websites without giving the source, otherwise it looks like you're trying to claim it as your own.

They are cars without visible drivers, moving with damage that isn't repairable. They do not take damage like other cars, staying intact until they eventually explode.
This is misleading. It's not that they're cars without drivers, most of the "ghost cars" are just cars that are meant to be old junkers lying around (you can find them in trailer parks and the like). They don't have drivers for the same reason that any other parked cars don't have drivers. They're not going anywhere, it's only the car(s) mentioned in the next bit below that are moving.

The most well known ghost car can be found in the remote forest region of Back O' Beyond in Flint County. It is a damaged, often red Glendale, which spawns at the top of a hill and rolls down.
Correction, there's actually two "ghost cars" that spawn in Back O' Beyond on a slope and roll down the hill.

Some say these vehicles are most likely created to simulate abandoned vehicles throughout San Andreas.
Of course, because there's nothing "ghostly" about them, it's just the 2 that spawn on slopes in Back O' Beyond that appear "ghostly" and it's just that they spawn on a slope.

About the planes crashing, I think it's easily explainable by the simple fact that either Rockstar wanted crashing planes in the game or because the GTA games are notoriously glitchy (maybe a bit of both). I don't think they're meant to be WWII ghost planes or anything like that. Has anyone ever noticed that you get a lot of plane crashes when you're in the quarry? Planes seem to spawn at a certain point above the player and because there's little or no AI programmed for them, they just crash into the sides of the quarry. Pilots in San Andreas seem to be as crazy, stupid and blind as the highway drivers in the game.

KM.

I honestly think that the planes spawn parallel to the ground below them and flight directly straight in that direction, I'd imagine that they are supposed to spawn about water where the ground below the water it almost dead flat.

But because of shores (etc) and twisting rivers in the forest and desert regions, the spawn point is comprimised and therefore causing a glitched spawn.

Surely that would make the most sense? right?

You got a warning. That's IT - it carried no infraction points. The reason you got the warning is because you posted, verbatim, someone else's work, made no attempt to say that it wasn't your own and then tried to gain from it:

Der Meister
If any of this has been informative... "Click the Tick"

This is known as plagiarism. If Wikipedia weren't public domain, this would become an offence of copyright violation. Honestly - how long would it have taken to include the link KM posted? 30 seconds? That's 30 seconds which could save you from an awful lot of legal trouble out there in the real world.

You haven't been punished - you have been warned that this sort of thing might lead to you being punished.

Der Meister
If you can't speak your mind

You weren't - you were speaking someone else's mind and not giving them the credit for it.

Der Meister
If you can't speak your mind then what's the point of speaking at all?!

I don't believe that anyone is making you post here. If the fact that you got a zero-infraction point warning for something which may (in the event of you quoting something protected by copyright in the same fashion) pose a serious legal risk to you or this site makes you so upset, perhaps you should consider not posting. After all if you feel that you are unable to post freely, why post at all?

Ah whatever, I'm not going to argue with you about it, I really couldn't be bothered. You guys are always right, so what's the point? :rolleyes:

Shoulda just posted the link then.

Nah, there was no point, I've already received a warning about it.

I'm seriously over some of these rules, I better go clean my rifle before I go to bed, I think we have a march in the morning :ouch:

Nah, there was no point, I've already received a warning about it.

I'm seriously over some of these rules, I better go clean my rifle before I go to bed, I think we have a march in the morning :ouch:

Yes there was a point, the information in itself was valid and informative, the info was not the problem.

What was a problem was that your original post was written in such a manner as to make it look like the information was written by yourself, in addition you also asked people to +rep you for it!!!!!!!!

For this you recieved a zero infraction point warning, and were asked not to post un-credited information in a manner that was likely to give the impression that you wrote it.

Since you joined GT Planet you have shown a consistently poor attitude, verbally insulting members and the staff when you feel discussions don't go your way and generally adding little of value.

To be honest if you don't like the rules, then don't come here, it really is that simple. If however you do wish to continue as a member here then follow the AUP as every member does, as a continued failure to do so is going to make coming here rather difficult full stop (to be 100% clear that does mean a ban).

The choice is rather simple and its also yours, however many more of these outbursts and that choice will be made for you.

Scaff

So he didn't post a link... what is this? College?

Are we infringing copyrights and robbing the industry and making multi-million dollar profits?

Sheesh, settle down, it's a freakin' forum. It's not like he lied to us all about some injury to later write a novel about it.

So he didn't post a link... what is this? College?

Are we infringing copyrights and robbing the industry and making multi-million dollar profits?

Sheesh, settle down, it's a freakin' forum. It's not like he lied to us all about some injury to later write a novel about it.

Which is why he did not receive an actual 'penalty' for it, he did however breach the AUP of Wiki itself which quite clearly states that

Wikipedia:Copyrights
The Wikimedia Foundation does not own copyright on Wikipedia article texts and illustrations. It is therefore useless to email our contact addresses asking for permission to reproduce content.

The license Wikipedia uses grants free access to our content in the same sense as free software is licensed freely. This principle is known as copyleft. That is to say, Wikipedia content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the authors of the Wikipedia article used (a direct link back to the article satisfies our author credit requirement). Wikipedia articles therefore will remain free forever and can be used by anybody subject to certain restrictions, most of which serve to ensure that freedom.

Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights

That aside it is considered common courtesy to credit an outside source, it does not take a great deal of time.

An example I could use is of my own GT4 tuning guides, I have no issue at all if (as they are) they are freely and widely distributed on the web, I want as many people as possible to have access to them. The only single problem I would have would be if someone tried to pass it off as their work.

I do not know if you viewed the original post in this matter, but it clearly read (intentional or not) as if it had been written by Der Meister, who also then asked for people to +rep him for it.

Who every originally wrote the Wiki piece in question had obviously put a significant amount of work into it, do you not think that they at least deserve a link to credit that work?

Regards

Scaff

I remember the time people were coming in screaming; A ghost car attacked me! :lol:

What a load of crap were people telling then, ehhh, :lol:

Just kidding, anyone got some news recently on the "hounted" house?

:lol:

About the planes crashing, I think it's easily explainable by the simple fact that either Rockstar wanted crashing planes in the game or because the GTA games are notoriously glitchy (maybe a bit of both). I don't think they're meant to be WWII ghost planes or anything like that. Has anyone ever noticed that you get a lot of plane crashes when you're in the quarry? Planes seem to spawn at a certain point above the player and because there's little or no AI programmed for them, they just crash into the sides of the quarry. Pilots in San Andreas seem to be as crazy, stupid and blind as the highway drivers in the game.
Rockstar said in an interview with EGM that the plane glitch was one related to the planes spawn points. In the game, no matter how high you are certain planes spawn over you at a certain height.
The AT400 spawns highest (which is not something Rockstar said, but everytime I do see it it is barely visible), and the smaller prop planes spawn lower. They are set to fly a random path (I believe) based on where in the map you are, and always fly at a constant altitude above your hieght (for example, always over 1000 feet).
So, when you are in the city and a plane flies over you and into a building, it is just because it was in it's path when it spawned. That is why planes often crash in the quarry, and also why the Hydra's crash into things like buildings and rock formations if you are in the hovercraft with 4+ stars (I once got one to crash into the Big Ear sattelite just by sitting under it in the hovercraft).

I've noticed these things, ghost car chases, the fog, strange lights. I thought it was weird and yeah when i was being chased by the ghost cars i legged it like a crazy man. It all happened when i made my way to the forest with my 4wd to go off roading. Then a strange thick fog came down, it was weird because there is normal fog in the city, but this was like Thick. I kept on going thinking it was normal around these parts, until out of the blue i got rammed from the rear, i looked behind and it was this damaged old car. At first i thought to shoot it, but with the whole enviroment, fog, out in the forest, alone, i drove off scared. I go there time to time, and i see the cars out in the forest. I make sure to blow it up everytime :-)
Another time while i was flying in a fighter jet i noticed this light, i thought it was another plane so being immature i followed to blow it up. But this thing was just fast i couldnt get close to it no matter how i tried. I just followed the light it made, it went around in a big circle and i tried to cut it off but i couldnt. Has anyone else seen this light?
Now for this ghost in CJ's house, yep i've seen it. it not actually a ghost but just this light. I saw it just briefly, but then i got scared once again and set fire to the house. haha.

Back