The Second Vision Gran Turismo car

That BMW vision has been like that since the game was released, or very soon after. The others looks like they made more progress than anything.

It's going to be the VW Vision GTI.
The car is already finished and drivable, a German car magazin has tested it.

Specs: 3,0 liter 6 cylinder straight biturbo TSI engine from an Audi RS6
503hp and 560Nm from 2000-4000 rpm
4WD
1400kg
tyres: front: 235 and back 275
production costs: 4 million €...
3,9 seconds from 0-100kmh
View attachment 92434 View attachment 92432View attachment 92433
It has been said a lot,that is NOT the VGT. It's just a coincidence that it's called the Vision GTi. The VGT cars are made just for GT,this Vision GTi is a commercial car unrelated to GT. Tell me,does it look like the sketch?

i1cpDuxIz9RWHz.jpg

I think not.

It has been said a lot,that is NOT the VGT. It's just a coincidence that it's called the Vision GTi. The VGT cars are made just for GT,this Vision GTi is a commercial car unrelated to GT. Tell me,does it look like the sketch?

i1cpDuxIz9RWHz.jpg

I think not.

Hmmm, good point, but I think it does, that's why posted the pictures.
It may be that VW made a word play, because it's a VW Golf GTi, and the convepts are called Vision GT, so why not Vision GTi?

I'm not saying you're wrong, neither that I'm right, I just think that may be the next VGT car, because to me it looks quiet close to the scratch.

just for fun, would you like to bet a car? xD

The BMW should be close, if not next. It is basically the i8 with a wing. I'd prefer the M1 concept, but this will work too. It'll be hybrid and could be 4WD.
original_302932__nVXchgVPYg_fmNBVIvSILlEM.jpg

bmw-vision-hybrid-3.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJEYFE2pI9Pc9BROHD+dYmg~~60_35.JPG

How bout they fix what's broken before worrying about extra content.
Makes sense to me.

Problem is PD obviously don't see that anything is wrong, same as with GT5.

They continuously added new content in GT5 then released GT6 without addressing many of the major issues discussed regularly on this forum. I'd still be surprised if anyone from PD has ever been on here...

I love all of these... between the moon missions which are just sick and getting a chance to drive all these concept cars, I would have paid $60 just for those features...

@Timber That's the Onyx concept from last year:

0Vh42nb.png

The front half of the VGT is remarkably similar to it judging by the silhouette, but the rear half of the VGT is clearly more outlandish. I doubt the bare copper body panels will be passed over, but they would do well to compliment such an exotic design.

Last edited:
It's going to be the VW Vision GTI.
The car is already finished and drivable, a German car magazin has tested it.

I'm not sure it'd qualify to be a VGT car, then. I thought (correct me if I'm wrong) the VGT cars were supposed to be original vehicles from the manufacturer, created in tandem with GT staff, for the sole initial purpose of providing a concept car for Gran Turismo. It's kind of like some of the concept cars we see at auto shows, but not really practical for driving by the masses just yet.

That GTI is a great spectacle, but I think they have everything the need to mass produce it, no real innovation- just different bits from the VW group put into a hot hatch to make it smokin'.

I'm not sure it'd qualify to be a VGT car, then. I thought (correct me if I'm wrong) the VGT cars were supposed to be original vehicles from the manufacturer, created in tandem with GT staff, for the sole initial purpose of providing a concept car for Gran Turismo. It's kind of like some of the concept cars we see at auto shows, but not really practical for driving by the masses just yet.

That GTI is a great spectacle, but I think they have everything the need to mass produce it, no real innovation- just different bits from the VW group put into a hot hatch to make it smokin'.
the production cost 4 million €, and it's not available ofr the public.
the same as the MB VGT

But i can't imagine that VW build an 4 million € heavy car, to build after that or at the same time another concept car, worth an exorbitant production cost too...

That VW looks a lot like that mental Golf they had on Top Gear years ago. The Golf W12 maybe? I think they just took the engine from the Bentley Continental and shoved it in. From what I remember Jeremy saying, there's a huge Golf owners meeting every so often and VW sends them something every time to thank them for being owners, that W12 being one years' offering. I know it's not that same car, for one it's based on a newer Golf than that one was, but maybe it's along a similar vein?

I dunno, it's been a while since I've seen that particular episode.

the production cost 4 million €, and it's not available ofr the public.
the same as the MB VGT

But i can't imagine that VW build an 4 million € heavy car, to build after that or at the same time another concept car, worth an exorbitant production cost too...
Oh... it's not available to the public, I thought it was, sorry.

They still take exorbitant losses on the Veyron, so why not?
That VW looks a lot like that mental Golf they had on Top Gear years ago. The Golf W12 maybe? I think they just took the engine from the Bentley Continental and shoved it in. From what I remember Jeremy saying, there's a huge Golf owners meeting every so often and VW sends them something every time to thank them for being owners, that W12 being one years' offering. I know it's not that same car, for one it's based on a newer Golf than that one was, but maybe it's along a similar vein?

I dunno, it's been a while since I've seen that particular episode.
That's what I thought that was!

With the Audi VGT, could it possible be a concept built upon the Aventador structure that was rumoured to go above the R8 (New R8 upon the Huracan is immanent anyway)

What if models with 3D renders are close to finish? From the Mercedes-Benz VGT video, it appears the design team also rendered the 3D model instead of PD doing all of it.

If that's the case, then maybe the Mitsubishi VGT that had a 3D model as a preview is close to finish. Yet, I would only count on the first announced partners from the Gamescom trailer, plus Lexus, to show early.

i don't know if this has been mention but the Toyota VGT has some similarities to the GT6 car under the blue cover, the ones we saw on the 15th anniversary event. Well, minus the spoilers and the sharp thingy.

I wish we had a Hotwheels VGT, it would be awesome to drive something like Power Pistons or Twin Mill.

I also have the feeling that we will get our next VGT in the new year with the two other RedBull X cars.

I believe it will be Toyota and i think i might have found the car hiding under the blue sheet, take a good look...
gt6-blue-car-logo-638x336.jpg

i1q52NxAXTToRSB.jpg

Toyota might showcase a new concept at next month Detroit auto show, you smell that guys? I smell a new Supra concept... :lol:
PLEASE GOD BE A NEW SUPRA!

I wish we had a Hotwheels VGT, it would be awesome to drive something like Power Pistons or Twin Mill.

I also have the feeling that we will get our next VGT in the new year with the two other RedBull X cars.
Funny, I was just thinking that. If Hot wheels ever got involved, I want some Spectrachrome hues or Hot Wheels branded cars. Either way, I would love a Hot Wheels VGT

The car under the sheet is the cover car on the game.
Corvette_C7_Stingray_2014-07.jpg
Definitely not the Corvette. Look at the bonnet slope on the Corvette, it's quite a bit ahead of the front wheels, whereas the covered car starts curving down at the middle of them.

I remember there was a thread about the covered car, wasn't it some sort of Nissan Fairlady concept?

Back