The Second Vision Gran Turismo car

d2aa550c_boldstate-hype-train.png
Hype train tickets are now on sale if anyone is interested.

Not credible at all. Last week they were showing weeks(months) old photos of the Subaru VGT as BRAND NEW.
I was thinking the same thing. They do not even have the accurate number of car manufacturers participating in the program.

Yup, so far there's been no official word from any manufacturers about any VGT reveals at Detroit. Everything from BMW, Subaru, Toyota and VW are all speculation and rumors.

Although, there is this:
Volkswagen-Design-Vision-GT-Concept-rear-002.jpg

It would be cleaver to hide your VGT concept in plain sight and just disguise it's name as "Vision GTI."

However, don't know if it matches:
i1cpDuxIz9RWHz.jpg

Volkswagen-Design-Vision-GT-Concept-side-006.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, so far there's been no official word from any manufacturers about any VGT reveals at Detroit. Everything from BMW, Subaru, Toyota and VW are all speculation and rumors.

Although, there is this:

It would be cleaver to hide your VGT concept in plain sight and just disguise it's name as "Vision GTI."

i1cpDuxIz9RWHz.jpg

Volkswagen-Design-Vision-GT-Concept-side-003.jpg
Volkswagen-Design-Vision-GT-Concept-side-003.jpg
I don't know those look pretty similar to me.

Nope. Look at the roof line on the blackened image. Much lower, looks like its chopped.

Right. The VGT image is a cropped version of the actual thing. But the image is a Conceptual drawing. I do believe that this lovely VW Design Vision GTI is the next Vision GT car.

The VW VGT is meant to be a glimpse at a future Scirocco whereas the DV GTI is based on a Golf and was built a year or 2 ago for Worthersee, the largest VW show in the world.

I don't know, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the GTI and the VGT scratch. And the car is called the Vision GTI. If it's not the final VGT car for VW, it's close to it.

Doesn't matter how different it looks, take a look at the 18 sketches for the AMG VGT, most of them, especially the first one look pretty different to the finished model.

Although, there is this:

i1cpDuxIz9RWHz.jpg

Volkswagen-Design-Vision-GT-Concept-side-006.jpg

To me this looks pretty accurate. The drawing is a rugh concept. Every car designer starts with this rugh ideas and contrasting proportions that look more apealing to the eye.
But IMO the white car IS the black car. The lines are all there.

Being a VW and VAG trainspotter I can categorically tell you, 100% that the DV GTI is not the same as the VW VGT. DV GTI is a hatchback and VW VGT is a coupe.

Here's some more info...

The same website that I mentioned on page 220 now claims that the Volkswagen Vision Gran Turismo is also going to be unveiled on January 13th at Detroit Auto Show.
http://www.autoportal.iol.pt/noticias/geral/foto-este-e-o-bolide-da-volkswagen-para-o-gran-turismo-6

It is the fourth 'Vision' project for 'Gran Turismo 6'. The GT6 Vision Concept is Volkwagen's response to the challenge issued by Polyphony Digital Inc., in order to create the craziest prototypes intended to 'animate' the 'Gran Turismo 6'.

To only have they released a sketch of the virtual supercar to be revealed completely within a few days, at Detroit.

Apparently, the Volkswagen Concept Vision GT6 will be part of a special package that will be available for download later this month of January.

In the sketch released by German automaker is possible to see a futuristic sporty and aggressive style, following the lines of the Golf GTi Concept, unveiled last year.

This study may serve also to show a bit of what the new Scirocco, which is preparing to welcome a new image, before generation planned for 2017.

Being a VW and VAG trainspotter I can categorically tell you, 100% that the DV GTI is not the same as the VW VGT. DV GTI is a hatchback and VW VGT is a coupe.

Here's some more info...

That info has already been posted and discredited as being speculation.

Also, the line by the door in the sketch is pretty much the same as the DV GTI. If anything the VGT car will look more like the Sirocco than the Golf like this one does.

Honestly, none of us know what the Volkswagen VGT will really be, but it's fairly safe to assume it will be Golfy and not outlandishly insane (this is Volkswagen, there are rules)

Latest Posts

Back