The "Stuff You Hope They Improve" Thread

I'm not expecting Mudrunner levels of stuff, but I feel like a supercar on race tries shouldn't be able to plough through the sand, mud, and snow with ease - especially with the bumper buried..

This is a valid point that hadn't clicked with me until now. They said before launch that driving cars that were unsuited for the terrain would be more difficult, but honestly it feels more or less the same. I know some cars bash their undertrays a fair bit more than in FH2 or 3, but that might be to do with the more inclined and nuanced landscape in FH4. Other than that, it's not that much more difficult than before.

Well first they need to be passionate about automobiles. They are disconnected with the car culture. They should stop listening to the wrong people. They have the finances and the resource to get all the info they need. But yet the seem to close their eyes. It is time for them to open them for car people and not for soy people. People that play with dolls got what they wanted. Forza, it is done, no more immature childish non car related things please. Listen to veteran Forza and racing game fans too. Stop listening to casuals. Even the fools they had like Hoonigans did not speak up or had the knowledge. They had the platform to address what Forza needs but they don't know crap. We don't have that power or opportunity. If we did we would smack them and get things right before the game is released. Same goes with NFS and those Speedhunters that did nothing for us in the racing game scene.

They should be a group of people that love cars. They should want to know more and learn more. Go to car shows and car meets and all types for racing events. Go on forums. Play other racing games. Check out the drag scene, street racing, drifting, lowriding, stance, rally, offroad, rockcrawling, etc. No one can come here and say it with a straight face that they done their homework. Far from it. If they did it would be a better racer guaranteed.

They are disconnected with the car culture. They should stop listening to the wrong people.

Who are the "right people"? Car culture is such a broad term that you're never going to really get it down since everyone will want different things and the vocal minority would let it be known they don't want anything but their little niche in the game.

For instance here's two examples of car culture...

Pebble-Beach-Concours-dElegance.jpg

stanced-subaru.jpeg

If they did it would be a better racer guaranteed.

Would it? I've kind of had a theory for quite awhile now that the biggest threat to car culture is car culture itself. I'm not so sure I'd want a bunch of :censored:s from car forums shaping the game, it's bad enough they try pleasing the ones on video game forums.

So...are there any actual criticisms of the game; and not just you ranting and raving about the SJW's and millenials ruining racing games like usual?

Would it? I've kind of had a theory for quite awhile now that the biggest threat to car culture is car culture itself. I'm not so sure I'd want a bunch of :censored:s from car forums shaping the game, it's bad enough they try pleasing the ones on video game forums.

Indeed. I'd rather more often then not prefer if racing games just follow the developers whims, because if you try to actively listen to the community, you get NFS. A series destined to languish in purgatory, afraid to make a game with a somewhat new and unique idea, and forced to listen to the wills of a customer base clamoring for something that fell out of style and favor a long time ago.

- Free-roam Rush shouldn't count as a point in Team Adventure. It should just be the thing that happens in between actual events - maybe give some bonus influence or whatever, to the team that "wins" it.
Main idea is great, they just need to implement mechanic from Stunt driver that teleport you back to the road after 10sec of constant offroading.

Ranked Team Adventure is probably the worst implementation of ranked multiplayer in any game ever.
Everything about it is bad. Your rank is completely based on winning or losing as a team. Come first in all 3 races but your team loses all three races? You lose, your rank drops.
Socialize. Find better drivers and team up with them. In theory this should work, in reality its ruined by lack of socialization instruments and buged MM :lol: Anyway, most of the competitive videogames are team based, thats why they implement Ranked Team Adventure.

Well first they need to be passionate about automobiles. They are disconnected with the car culture. They should stop listening to the wrong people. They have the finances and the resource to get all the info they need. But yet the seem to close their eyes. It is time for them to open them for car people and not for soy people. People that play with dolls got what they wanted. Forza, it is done, no more immature childish non car related things please. Listen to veteran Forza and racing game fans too. Stop listening to casuals. Even the fools they had like Hoonigans did not speak up or had the knowledge. They had the platform to address what Forza needs but they don't know crap. We don't have that power or opportunity. If we did we would smack them and get things right before the game is released. Same goes with NFS and those Speedhunters that did nothing for us in the racing game scene.

They should be a group of people that love cars. They should want to know more and learn more. Go to car shows and car meets and all types for racing events. Go on forums. Play other racing games. Check out the drag scene, street racing, drifting, lowriding, stance, rally, offroad, rockcrawling, etc. No one can come here and say it with a straight face that they done their homework. Far from it. If they did it would be a better racer guaranteed.

This is breathtakingly arrogant. I'm actually sort-of in awe.

It truly reeks of somebody with a high opinion of...well, their opinions.

It's one thing to elucidate on specific structural or gameplay issues you have. It's another entirely to make proclamations that the developer isn't "passionate about automobiles", and that to fix that, they need to go on some spiritual journey of car culture self-discovery and listen more to people... like him.

It's one thing to elucidate on specific structural or gameplay issues you have. It's another entirely to make proclamations that the developer isn't "passionate about automobiles", and that to fix that, they need to go on some spiritual journey of car culture self-discovery and listen more to people... like him.

Exactly. And really, the fact that Horizon casts a wide net is why it has succeeded while every other arcade racing game, for what it's worth, has fallen to the wayside.

Socialize. Find better drivers and team up with them. In theory this should work, in reality its ruined by lack of socialization instruments and buged MM :lol: Anyway, most of the competitive videogames are team based, thats why they implement Ranked Team Adventure.

Team racing is fundamentally broken in this game by nature.
The most effective strategy to win would be to push all of the opposing team members outside the bounds of the checkpoints.

If you choose to race cleanly as a team, the other team would take advantage of that strategy.

Sportsmanship is not a thing that exists in a game like this. It doesn't help there are no downsides to playing the game like that. Only rewards.

Even if everything works exactly how it is supposed to, the gametype is broken.

Team racing is fundamentally broken in this game by nature.
The most effective strategy to win would be to push all of the opposing team members outside the bounds of the checkpoints.

If you choose to race cleanly as a team, the other team would take advantage of that strategy.

Sportsmanship is not a thing that exists in a game like this. It doesn't help there are no downsides to playing the game like that. Only rewards.

I've not seen anyone use "push the other team outside the checkpoints" as a coherent strategy in Team Adventure. I mean, it has occasionally happened to me, but mostly because of people driving terribly and going too fast into a corner, not because they were trying to do anything strategic. Much like Forza Motorsport 7, really.

I find it can be avoided by driving more conservatively, and taking a tight inside line in corners when you're in pack (because people not braking into corners inevitably ram into cars on the outside). If someone tries to push me to the side for more than a second or two, I'll just tap the brakes to fall in behind them, which ends with them sending themselves off the course 70% of the time.

Frankly, just driving cautiously and staying between the lines in Team Adventure will almost guarantee you at least a top 3-4 finish in most lobbies, because there's so many bad drivers out there.

The music bug from FH3 that would see the same song repeat in a loop 3-4 times because the DJ doesn't talk in races, usually during a custom length event (like the 12 lap Goliath I just did) is annoyingly still present.

The music bug from FH3 that would see the same song repeat in a loop 3-4 times because the DJ doesn't talk in races, usually during a custom length event (like the 12 lap Goliath I just did) is annoyingly still present.

I assumed that was intentional? It seems like they essentially make rough ~10-15 minute mixes of the songs for actual races. I presumed that was so the song would never end in the middle of a race, which would be a little clumsy presentation-wise.

Only time I've heard a song change mid-race, is when I was doing something super-long, like multi-lap Goliath, because I assume the "mix" just finally ran out. I've definitely never had a song last more than 15 minutes tops, though - it'll play the chorus-verse portion of the song repeatedly, then eventually just cut off and go to another song if you race long enough.

I wish the Forza games would introduce, or re-introducce, certain customisation features. It can start off with small changes such as being able to recolour rollcages and brake calipers.

Other things they could move on to are removing the passenger seat when doing weight reduction (present in earlier Forza games), changing exhaust tips and adding new body kit options - I'm surprised nothing new has been added to the ND Mazda MX-5 given how popular it is in the tuner scene nowadays.

I assumed that was intentional? It seems like they essentially make rough ~10-15 minute mixes of the songs for actual races. I presumed that was so the song would never end in the middle of a race, which would be a little clumsy presentation-wise.

Only time I've heard a song change mid-race, is when I was doing something super-long, like multi-lap Goliath, because I assume the "mix" just finally ran out. I've definitely never had a song last more than 15 minutes tops, though - it'll play the chorus-verse portion of the song repeatedly, then eventually just cut off and go to another song if you race long enough.

Music in races is just a bit odd in general. They don’t have extended mixes but rather the tracks are split into defined segments, such as beginning and ending, chorus loops, dramatic bits, and bits that suit the race start.

This itself is fine, but things tend to break down as a race gets longer as you tend to hear 10-15 loops of a song section before it finally progresses, and switching away and back to that radio station seemingly resets it. I’ve had a couple of Goliath runs where the song has finally changed, but usually it won’t manage to progress a second time - when the second song ends, that station simply goes silent. If you switch away and back, you’ll hear the last 15 or so seconds of the song again before it goes silent.

I’ve never managed to hear more than three songs on one station, regardless of race length. I assume it might be a memory issue, particularly because things like rewind and replay run off of key frames “recordings” of the game state, which naturally will use a fair bit of memory in a very long race. My theory is that because of that and the obvious right memory budget, the weird behaviour is intentional to try and keep the game from having to load more songs, kind of like how back in GT2 if your song finished it’d simply play again instead of changing.

I've not seen anyone use "push the other team outside the checkpoints" as a coherent strategy in Team Adventure.

I have, 1%ers or whatever. They had 4 or 5 members on the same team. And that's exactly what they did. All very high ranks, league 8+

I enjoy Team Adventure quite a bit, but some of the choices PG have made are a bit baffling:
Why are there S2 rally/cross country events in team adventure when there are no suitable cars to use for them? I'm going to have to make an off road hyper car because all the sensible cars only get up to around mid S2 and just get eaten alive on straights.
One of my favourite classes to drive, B, is missing which is a huge shame. I'd even welcome C class as well.
Why can you only leave unranked team adventure during the actual races and not between the events? It's actually faster to exit out of the game and load it up again than waiting for the game to load the race so you can quit. A simple prompt is all that's needed.

I enjoy Team Adventure quite a bit, but some of the choices PG have made are a bit baffling:
Why are there S2 rally/cross country events in team adventure when there are no suitable cars to use for them? I'm going to have to make an off road hyper car because all the sensible cars only get up to around mid S2 and just get eaten alive on straights.
One of my favourite classes to drive, B, is missing which is a huge shame. I'd even welcome C class as well.
Why can you only leave unranked team adventure during the actual races and not between the events? It's actually faster to exit out of the game and load it up again than waiting for the game to load the race so you can quit. A simple prompt is all that's needed.

The lack of variation in classes in Team Adventure is a bit of a disappointment - it only seems to run from A to S2, rendering anything outside that range kinda pointless for multiplayer purposes. I get why D class might be a bit... slow... to force everyone to use in multiplayer, but I'd love to see some C and B class.

I hope they improve the AI. Racing game AI is rarely great, and I didn't have high expectations, but the AI in FH4 seems to be really blind to the player. The amount of times I'm driving alongside and they just ram me, or plow through me in a corner are too high.

Perhaps it's intentional for the style of game it is, but I would have appreciated a toggle like the Motorsport games to say whether I want clean racing or not. As it is it reminds me too much of GT4 where the AI were on their own track and you simply had to stay out of their way. It's by no means that bad, but I don't feel like I'm racing against the computer as much as dealing with a series of moving obstacles on the track.

You're right, but the thing is that in casual online racing it doesn't work like that. People will ram their own team just to get ahead. I think it's a reasonably clever way to make it so that everyone has something to race for. Normal racing tends to have everyone who wasn't first being disappointed or rage quitting at the first off.

It's by no means perfect, but I can at least appreciate what they're trying to do. It wouldn't work in a competitive environment, but it seems to do OK for randoms thrown into a room with each other. I have a far bigger problem with Free Roam Rush being such a major component of the "racing" adventures.

I hope they improve the AI. Racing game AI is rarely great, and I didn't have high expectations, but the AI in FH4 seems to be really blind to the player. The amount of times I'm driving alongside and they just ram me, or plow through me in a corner are too high.

Perhaps it's intentional for the style of game it is, but I would have appreciated a toggle like the Motorsport games to say whether I want clean racing or not. As it is it reminds me too much of GT4 where the AI were on their own track and you simply had to stay out of their way. It's by no means that bad, but I don't feel like I'm racing against the computer as much as dealing with a series of moving obstacles on the track.

At first I thought it was the AI being buggy, but more and more it feels intentional. PG really seems to be pushing for the "ram each other off the road" style of racing both in singleplayer and in multiplayer.

I don't think the Drivatar system has been activated yet, which is why the AI seems so bad. Currently it feels very close to the AI you get in past Forzas when starting a new game with no internet connection. This would also explain why all AI are level 1 and nobody is getting payouts.

Hopefully this changes with this weeks(?) update.

Cars sold through the auction house have their mastery perks reset.
Or you could make it so it's easy to tell whether a car on sale has mastery perks and which ones have been activated.

That way the market would reward players with the forebearance to avoid using the perks with the ability to set a higher price. On the other hand it'd make pristine condition FEs and DLC cars a lot more difficult to find so maybe they shouldn't go in that direction.

I could see people exploiting the glitch otherwise though, selling each other cars with 300k Cr perks for 100-150k Cr repeatedly and doubling their money each time.

Last edited:
I could see people exploiting the glitch though, selling each other cars with 300k Cr perks for 100-150k Cr repeatedly and doubling their money each time.
I'm thinking at least having the number of perks activated noted in the auction listing might work, but as you say selling and reselling cars with specific high value perks could be a problem too. As it stands, the auction house is useless to me. If I want a particular car, I'll either buy it, win it through completing tasks, or hope for a wheelspin to come my way.

My main gripe is wheelspin prizes, and no surprise, it's everyone's favorite dog to kick right now. We're all tired of the clicker landing squarely between the Vulcan FE and 250k to win a pair of camo brogues, for sixth time this week. How many of us have yelled 🤬 off already at our screens..

So here's my pitch: give us the option to either a). Cash out on our collection of bunk clothing prizes, or b). Be able to have the option to accept cash value in exchange of the prize. And I mean CORRELATION; if an asinine jacket or googly-eye glasses can be Legendary, I want Legendary Money in exchange.

Also wouldn't mind changing some of the Skill Boosts of the FE cars; there are something like 7 or 8 speed skills cars alone, and that seems like the game puts a heavier weight on just one skillset. Wouldn't mind a few more drift skills FE Cars, or Credit Boosts.

Other than that main issue I have, it's otherwise between a car wishlist in general, and the question of "Why is this in FM7 and not over here in the free-roam game..?"

Last edited:

It is indeed baffling. I have made some bonkers S2 hypercar rally machines. They're pretty crazy, and only have a use for those events. I also hope they eventually implement some B and C class racing.

And fortunately for Unranked Adventures they added an option to quit them in the latest update, sensibly.

I also hope they increase the amount of ranking you get from winning and doing well, and reduce the amount you lose when you or your team does poorly. Currently, with the amount of people playing Ranked Adventure, it's impossible to reach the higher rankings for the prizes. In Anything Goes, I think there's one person who has achieved over Rank 10, and even in the more popular Racing, there is one person Rank 6, but most of the highest rank players won't eclipse Rank 8, maybe 10, if that. And the overall rankings go up to Rank Grandmaster (above Rank 1!), that seems silly to have the prizes not even be achievable for those who put so much time into the events. And it is a lot of time, plus most likely an equal amount of time waiting to connect to a Ranked Adventure session (if you actually manage to without a connection error, or someone quitting once they see the events chosen). I don't see also why 12 is necessary to start. 8,10,12 should be fine to start I would think.

I was hoping to reach Rank 10, but it's going to be quite difficult. I had a bad run when I lost every round (despite playing decently). It's demotivating to finish reasonably (2-6-2), and lose 150 ranking because my team was horrible. And then only gain 70 when I finishing 1st or 2nd in every round (but going 5 rounds because my team was mediocre).

The ability to sell the car you win from wheelspins right there like in FH3. Got two cars I already own and was NOT able to sell them at all leaving me with either the auction house or deleting from my garage. Why do game developers choose to go backwards sometimes?

The ability to sell the car you win from wheelspins right there like in FH3. Got two cars I already own and was NOT able to sell them at all leaving me with either the auction house or deleting from my garage. Why do game developers choose to go backwards sometimes?
I'm guessing they were thinking that the game throws money at you so fast (I can make a million credits a day without trying), giving you the option to sell a car you won through a wheelspin would be a little too much. So the only option to make money off excess cars is to sell them through the auction house. Problem is now that people can farm mastery perks off cars before auctioning them, it makes the auction house a less than safe place to buy a car. It's a bit like buying a car on Craigslist without getting to ask the owner questions first.

The auction house only works if they're cars that people actually want. Try selling something that people don't want and you'll be there for a long time.

Back