The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,767,597 views
Hmmm, I wonder what that artist uses to draw the PDP pics...
 
News from BC.
This is terrible. I am up to my eyeballs in unread stories.





On the other hand, I still haven't read the final two chapters of Progress, or the most recent chapter of On a Cross and Arrow, so I got plenty of reserve fics...

And it won't be up on ED until tomorrow anyways...




*strokes chin*

I can do this.
 
Last edited:
Allegrezza is sent...Chapter Two should hit EDaily...well, probably by next week to be honest. Also popped the DA links up as mirrors.
 
News from BC.

I was wondering why he hadn't uploaded part 15 within 5 days of making his DA update on August 20th, but I'm glad to hear that the next installment will be up soon. It's been such a long time since part 14 was uploaded.


Also:
50074%20-%20rarity.jpg


I've thought of a pony pun for this, but it's not so good.
 
I had an idea for another one of them, but its gonna take a bit of time to do properly.

Allegrezza is sent...Chapter Two should hit EDaily...well, probably by next week to be honest. Also popped the DA links up as mirrors.

Can't wait.
 
I was wondering why he hadn't uploaded part 15 within 5 days of making his DA update on August 20th, but I'm glad to hear that the next installment will be up soon. It's been such a long time since part 14 was uploaded.

*Cough.* *Cough.* Gravekeeper. *Cough.* Ballad. *Choke.* *Die.*

I've thought of a pony pun for this, but it's not so good.

Fernando Alponyso...

Now that I've made a worse one, your pun would seem much better!
 
*Cough.* *Cough.* Gravekeeper. *Cough.* Ballad. *Choke.* *Die.*

Patience my friend, I'm sure we won't have to wait much longer for the next part of TBoTS.

Now that I've made a worse one, your pun would seem much better!

GIYC45_Spike_admits_his_crush_on_Rarity.png




Piquet Pie.



GIYC47_Pinkie_Pie%27s_reaction_to_Spike%27s_crush_on_Rarity.png



In case you didn't know, Nelson Piquet, Jr is driving that '09 Renault F1.
 
So I never actually had a tumblr until now, and I only created one because of the ponies. And while trying to find some on my own, I can across this.
And I'm now following more things on here than my 3 year old facebook and 1 year old twitter combined.
Follow_all_the_tumblrs.png

With the exception of Gilda, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon.
If I were that kind of person, I'd be tempted to ask "Why are you such a bitch all time?" to all of them.
:lol: There's an Ask Krastos the Glue Maker tumblr.

^Just made that.
Anyway, I'm working on those pictures now. I've taken a few more of the Reventon, and I've got a bunch of the AJ Challenger. Now I just need to put them on my storefront, and download them from My Forza, upload all of them to Picasa and DA, and then I'll be done for a while.

And I'm loving the Braeburn one the most. Mainly because it's drawn and he's not a colt-canoodler(love that word) or incestual.
It's the only art I've seen of him not gay other than that silhouette.


And now that I think about it, Pinkie should be really easy. Just a bunch of pink circles for the mane and tail.
 
Last edited:
^I actually changed my mind about that. Well, other than Diamond Tiara. Just seeing her face makes me angry, but I can probably still enjoy the Gilda tumblr, even if I don't like her character.

EDIT: You know, a while ago I thought about making a Google doc, and was actually going to suggest it. But then like most ideas I have that I like I forget them when it actually matters.
 
Last edited:
I just got my internet back...TF2... :3

If all goes to plan, it'll be work, pub, TF2 marathon, engagement party the next day...

First decent weekend in yonks.

/Edit/

Somebrony ponify this with Pinkie: 30 seconds on Google Later:
 
Last edited:
^It's been done with Rainbow Dash(EDIT: And Applejack apparently), but it should be done with Pinkie too.


You know....since I'm eating before getting to these pictures, I might as well see what's up with the whole Doctor Who thing. I've seen enough to get a basic idea, but I haven't watch more than 5 and those weren't in any particular order.
 
What the buck?

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/story-allegrezza.html

Posted an hour ago? Did I catch Sethisto off-guard and bypass the queue? :D

/Edit/

You know....since I'm eating before getting to these pictures, I might as well see what's up with the whole Doctor Who thing. I've seen enough to get a basic idea, but I haven't watch more than 5 and those weren't in any particular order.

Recommend the Tennant-era stuff. So very good acting, although the new guy's getting into the role a bit.
 
Last edited:
50074%20-%20rarity.jpg


I've thought of a pony pun for this, but it's not so good.
*cough*too easy*cough*



*text*
...

I mean, where is the line between "examining a Pony's mental state" and "making crap up because you want to write a sadfic?"

Kind of what I was thinking this morning, the problem I find is that sometimes people do not understand the character correctly, therefore they end up making rip-offs of other stuff like movies and books, even games.

The thing about MLP, is that the mane six and some of the side kicks are really well characterized, that gives you basis to consider situations for them to deal, or background or justification for the actions, for Pinkie however there is always a trend, of showing her as mentally ill, but never in an specific way(not even the canon). As far as I understand, Pinkie suffers from Schizophrenia, and that's all I managed to conclude from the basis given by the canon, but then, not even the canon is accurate in representing a solid/consistent kind of pinkie, which impulses the believe of the DID conditions.

Putting that aside, I sort of see the sad fics with a little bias, not because of their content, but because of their descriptions, I sort of see the reasoning behind some of the fics, but most of them are designed to call the attention of an specific public instead of doing a proper story with characters in mind, maybe that's the reason why I like Pony psychological so much(it takes elements of the canon and explore them in a really unique way, and I have already read some people who attempt to copy that without too much success).

I'm also ware that authors wants to put canon characters to do non-canonical stuff by making them do stuff that doesn't not correspond to their characters, but then there are characters like DJPON-3 and Octavia, who can be exploited.
 
Meanwhile I write generic fics and receive praise...Woot!
 
Recommend the Tennant-era stuff. So very good acting, although the new guy's getting into the role a bit.

Netflix has all of them other than the season currently being aired, so I'm going through every last one of them from the beginning.


Also,
=================
Dear Microsoft,

Silver Light not only crashed FF, but caused it to fail to load properly when restarted. I just had to restart my computer to use my browser again.

Sincerely, yet another pissed off customer.

P.S. FUUUUUUU:censored: yoooooouuuuuu. Just stick to OS's and leave everything else to people who know what they're doing.
=================
Dear Netflix,

Why the 🤬 does your site use Sliverlight?

Sincerely, a very confused but otherwise satisfied customer.
=================

Alright, that rant in the form of angry letters is over with.



I'll just watch them on my Xbox later instead. I finished all 8 Seasons of Scrubs, and all seasons of Lost within a month, so this shouldn't take long.
 
Last edited:
Ha ha, bite me GoogleDocs. Like hell am I going to go through and transcribe each hyperlink by hand just because you lost them all. I'll just nuke the whole thing and Copy-Paste instead (which, why does that even work if a straight upload doesn't?).

Its fixed now, I'm pretty sure.




Listening to Peter Frampton and reading Allegrezza, like a boss.


(Wonder what CoffeeGrunt's gonna do if it 6-Stars)
 
I'm being told by an anon to get Flankbook...hawkward.

Oh wow, my old pre-reader from I Won't See You Tonight's on there. Small ponynet after all...

@Toronado

I got an EMail back from Seth, apparently the update queue's at a low. Dear god, we better not run out of Steam a day before Season two!

Probably spontaneously combust, or **** my pants, either way. XD

Until then, I'm just lurking the GDocs chat and soaking up the praise. Hope my ego doesn't get outside its boundaries.
 
TNTNE 15 is up now. I might read it in the next few hours, but I feel more inclined to check it out tomorrow afternoon instead.
 
Is there a vector image of Rarity sliding across the ground?
I don't see anything in the gallery and Google has failed me.

Nevermind, found it.
It blends in really well with the white background.
 
Oh I see...Seth basically just shunted a whole load of fics within a half hour timeslot. Crafty.

/Edit/

Once more, I retire to my slumbers. I bid you adieu, my fellow equine enthusiasts:
sleeping_lyra_by_bronyontheway-d42e7md.png
 
Super Smexy AJ Charger:
AJChal3.jpg

AJChal2.jpg

AJChal1.jpg

AJChal4.jpg

And if AJ where are car, she'd probably be a monster on the drag strip, so here she is, right at home:
AJChal5.jpg


And now those extra shots of the Reventon:
SFRev2.jpg

SFRev6.jpg

SFRev.jpg



I'll upload them to DA soon.
 
I got an EMail back from Seth, apparently the update queue's at a low. Dear god, we better not run out of Steam a day before Season two!
Really? That's pretty surprising considering they haven't been posting that many in the past few days, with all the news and comics and all...

TNTNE 15 is up now. I might read it in the next few hours, but I feel more inclined to check it out tomorrow afternoon instead.
Oh poop. That means it will probably be up by tonight. Imma have to find time to reread 14 in the meantime.




Listening to Peter Frampton and reading Allegrezza, like a boss.
Oh boy. Shaping up like Fall Weather Friends with side-characters. The sexual tension is killing me!

Must say I was hoping someone would actually be beaten with the cello this time. And The Living Daylights is one of my favorite Bond movies, in response to the new preview image.





In all seriousness, the dialog of this chapter was just as much fun as the first, but the non-dialog (descriptions in particular) seemed a bit pared back and lacking compared to the first chapter.
 
Oh poop. That means it will probably be up by tonight. Imma have to find time to reread 14 in the meantime.



I've got it in a tab already. I'm re-reading the moment I finish uploading this stuff to DA.


Would anyone who's use to DA know why I suddenly can't access my old MintBronyCrunch account, and am now logged in as MBcrunch(an account I never created?).
Or how I would go about getting into my old account. I'm using the same email address I always have, so I don't even understand how it happened. My old account still exists, I can see it if I look up the URL.

Alright, I can access it using the username, but I still don't understand how this happened.
 
Last edited:
SFRev.jpg



I'll upload them to DA soon.

I totally knew you'd do that since you inquired about the Rarity vector image.

Anyway, It's great to finally see the AJ Challenger, and that Star Fighter design is one of your best pieces in my opinion (it's definitely the most badass one you've made as well).



As for TNTNE, I've decided that I will go ahead and read it tonight, although I won't start it for another hour or so because I'll be busy until then.





EDIT: I should have known that somepony would use that Rarity image after reading about this news story earlier today:

50111%20-%20astronomy%20filly%20rariquest%20rarity%20science.png
 
Last edited:
I found an error. It says "Orbits another rarity.", I think it'd be the other way around.
 
^I second that emotion!
Really, I love that.




And I quote Futurama every chance I get, but only when it fits:
225px-I_Second_that_Emotion.jpg

And when I say quote, yes, that does include episode titles.


EDIT: I predictably went for this one though.

And then I noticed the bonus ones in the download pack, and I now have Trixie. I like Twilight more as a whole, but I'm not sure about Twilight's expression in the ones with her.
 
Last edited:
Back