The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,768,012 views
So, yeah. I'm going to bed early. I need some time to really think this through before I... well, before anything, really.

This chapter basically just punched me directly in the brain, and now I don't even know what I should think. I can't think in terms of what might happen in future chapters, because I don't think I have any clue anymore what happened in past chapters. I'm totally lost.



Dreaming%252520of%252520Apples.jpg

Good night.
 
This chapter basically just punched me directly in the brain, and now I don't even know what I should think. I can't think in terms of what might happen in future chapters, because I don't think I have any clue anymore what happened in past chapters. I'm totally lost.

There are parts in the latest chapter which have caused me to stop and think for a while:

Some questions about what happened to the elements and Captain Dash have been answered, yet more questions concerning other events taking place during this chapter have been raised as well.

I'm also guessing that we'll see how Twilight gets on in her bid to convince the residents to stop following Rarity and AJ in the next chapter. Let's see how they'll react when they find out that the resistance was just a massive lie.

And then I realise that I completely lost track of time, so I really should go to bed now, g'night everypony:

39240%252520-%252520book%252520cute%252520daww%252520twilight_sparkle.jpg
 
Last edited:
You know. The more I think about it the less sure I am about some things.
I feel really indecisive right now and I hate this feeling. Maybe I'll be able to think more clearly when it's not 1:05.

Good%20Night%20Twilight.jpg
 
In all seriousness, the dialog of this chapter was just as much fun as the first, but the non-dialog (descriptions in particular) seemed a bit pared back and lacking compared to the first chapter.

Yeh, I felt that too. It was hard to oscillate between Vinyl and Octavia and not lose some of it.

@Gravekeeper

Dat comic!

Surely she already knows, seeing as Twilight's always naked?
 
Well, off to work for me...

33681%20-%20Landscape%20applejack%20artist%3Alegendarym4n%20sunset%20sweet_apple_acres.jpg


Working on a Saturday sucks.

Later folks.
 
Well, I'm waking up. But I'm leaving again in about 20 minutes, so...
 
Alot of people going to sleep on this page.

Too bad there's not a picture for "I want to go to sleep but it's already time to get up and that sucks". :lol:





:indiff:





:(
 
I feel like I should have posted this given that's 4 "I'm going to sleep" posts in a row.
42941%20-%20Artist%3AArcticwaters%20applejack%20cute%20featured_image%20fluttershy%20mane_six%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20rarity%20sleeping%20spike%20twilight_sparkle.png

I think theres as much, if not more d'aaawww here than in my Avatar. But this just doesn't seem like it would fit as an Avatar.

Also, I was hopping to use a .gif of Twilight waking up as a....well, a waking up picture, but there's no .gif of it, so I just screen capped it.
Untitled.png
 
Last edited:
We've done it. After years of trying to find a house my mum likes we did it, and we've finally moved in. I feel like rubbish but I'm happy it's over.

I'm excited about tomorrow, brony meet up here I come.

But now I'm off to bed. Night everypony.
224%252520-%252520animated%252520applejack%252520bed%252520doze%252520nap%252520sleep%252520sleeping%252520sleepy%252520snoring.gif
 
^Sounds awesome.
1301628130550.png

Enjoy the meetup, and I hope you enjoy your new place. You said you have stable internet there, right? If so I look forward to you posting more often.
 
Is it just me or do all you guys open this thread then after like 10 minutes of seeing the posts go off to do something else or your computer/ on a game...? :lol:
 
We've done it. After years of trying to find a house my mum likes we did it, and we've finally moved in. I feel like rubbish but I'm happy it's over.

I'm excited about tomorrow, brony meet up here I come.

Good to hear you're finally settling into your new abode, and I hope you enjoy that brony meet up tomorrow.

Is it just me or do all you guys open this thread then after like 10 minutes of seeing the posts go off to do something else or your computer/ on a game...?

I tend to just browse other sites when I'm in this thread most of the time (which is why I'm sometimes late when replying to certain posts here). If I do go off though, it's usually because I'm looking elsewhere on GTP.


Also:
50259%20-%20Lyra%20Octavia%20Snails%20artist%3AKTurtle%20big_mac%20cheerilee%20comic%20dj_p0n3%20dr_whooves%20gummy%20mayor_mare%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20rubik%27s_cube%20rubix_cube%20snips%20twilight_sparkle%20wonderbolts.jpg


Robo Hando 3000 :lol:
 
Just started raining.
The%252520Beginning.jpg
 
So, MadMax uploads a new Big Mac comic and no one post it here, weird.

big_mac_origins_by_csimadmax-d47xy2f.png


Yeah, today is day off, and thanks Celestia for that.
 
^I thought about posting it, but the story behind the harness in Macintosh just made the comic feel kind of meh.

I know I would love that if I hadn't read that story, though.
 
Must read Macintosh (*checks*) too long (*dammit*).

Have this instead:
131445856600.png


I'm still searching for that Metal Slug 3 Pic.

And this one is epic:
131445868945.png
 
^That was amazing.



The amount of work people put into some of these is just amazing.

EDIT: And further down my subscription list, here's the actual video:

I've never seen the show, but this is still awesome.
 
Last edited:
^That video's brilliant, and very well made too.



Anyway, I'll just leave this here:

50373%252520-%252520Trixie%252520artist%252520arcum89%252520fireworks%252520moon.png



It looks like someone wants to download every image in the GTPB gallery as well.




Oh, and are there any GT5 races planned for later?
 
I kinda have to update TBoTS soon, what with Season 2 (The Great Jossing) on the way! ...And yet, I can never ignore my urge to draw whenever it hits me.

TrixieBronyColaCencored.jpg



No, she's not hiding in a closet.

Why aren't you uploading your drawing to DA?


P.S. I just got back from work... so many messages and posts to answer...:nervous:
 
Persona is a game series, as an FYI.

Oh, and are there any GT5 races planned for later?
Yes.

There are parts in the latest chapter which have caused me to stop and think for a while

The problem is, now I just don't know what to think about anybody. I mean, Super Bitch is obviously still Super Bitch; and Twilight and Dash are still Twilight and Dash. But:

Now that we know exactly what happened with Captain Dash, I just don't know what to think about with her. Is she still an atoning anti-hero, or is she a straight up sociopath? I honestly don't think its the latter, but now I'm really not sure.



And now that she is cast into doubt, the entirety of the remaining Alternate Mane Six are cast into doubt, because now I don't know whether to agree with their actions or condemn then.

Even 🤬 Nightmare Moon has me second guessing based on how much see seems to care for Captain Dash. Its like she's got a Celestia/Twilight relationship going with Captain Dash, and I honestly just... Bleargh.


The only thing that I can gleam from this chapter that may come back is:
When Captain Dash was rattling off why she didn't care for her friends more than her dreams, Fluttershy's name was conspicuously absent from her explanation. Which makes sense if you don't prescribe to the theory that Dash knew Applejack well before the first episode, which is what TNTNE seems to be operating under. And Fluttershy, perhaps even more than Pinkie, has taken the hardest hit out of the entire group; so I'm curious to see how that will come back up.

Captain Dash has shown to be every bit as impulsive as Dash (joining the Shadowbolts without really thinking it might mean death for her friends), but I need to be able to determine where her loyalties lie (if you'll excuse the pun) before I can guess whether what happened to Fluttershy will have an effect on her.
 
Last edited:
I'm considering bypassing my pre-reader and just releasing the next chpater of G&Ds as is. It's mainly grammar and punctuation control anyways.

It's thundering quite bad over here, meanwhile, I think Minty's house probably just blew away.

TenchiFreak5 said

Ha ha, bassello. Take that pedants!

Ahahah! I think bassello should become canon.

Also I'm disappointed only this guy got my off-hand McIntyre reference. For shame, bronies:
Oh that is a beautiful, subtle little tip of the hat to Michael McIntyre.
 
So, MadMax uploads a new Big Mac comic and no one post it here, weird.

big_mac_origins_by_csimadmax-d47xy2f.png


Yeah, today is day off, and thanks Celestia for that.

LOL WHAT ???

Yeah, MadMax is also lurking around here, but is not the same MadMax we know. :dopey:

A brief search thru this thread lighted it a bit.

I'm guessing you mean the one that isn't awesome-artist-madmax? Because I'd love to chat to him/her about his/her art techniques that he/she uses to draw.

I'm still puzzled..

banned_for_eveeeeeeeeer_by_csimadmax-d46pl1l.png


Now I start to get it. :lol:



MadMax (the not so awesome-artist-madmax) :lol:
 
Guys, please do be careful! News say it's a hurricane of the century, but others say that it already lost energy.

Right, My Forza is back up, and I've uploaded the pictures to Picasa. I don't have time to go into detail on it, but there were some better pictures that seem to have vanished into thin air. I'll go ahead and upload those and the AJ pictures later. Luckily the ones the were saved are the ones taken with the right lighting to show off the detail.

Anyway, here it is:
SFReventon

SFRev.jpg

SFRev1%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

SFRev2.jpg

SFRev6.jpg


It's actually much, much darker than that, but you'll have to wait for the pictures because I have a friend over right now.

Please upload these to DA, they are awesome!
You can delete others (leave the one with the Rarity and this one)
 

Just to let you know, I will miss the first hour or so if the races begin at the usual time of 3PM EST.

Now that we know exactly what happened with Captain Dash, I just don't know what to think about with her. Is she still an atoning anti-hero, or is she a straight up sociopath? I honestly don't think its the latter, but now I'm really not sure.


It's hard for me to make a sure guess on this, but I'm inclined to put all my Bits on Captain Dash still being an anti-hero rather than a sociopath.

And the argument between Captain and RD about the value of loyalty has resulted in me feeling quite conflicted.

And now that she is cast into doubt, the entirety of the remaining Alternate Mane Six are cast into doubt, because now I don't know whether to agree with their actions or condemn then.

Again, I feel conflicted about this.



When Captain Dash was rattling off why she didn't care for her friends more than her dreams, Fluttershy's name was conspicuously absent from her explanation. And Fluttershy, perhaps even more than Pinkie, has taken the hardest hit out of the entire group; so I'm curious to see how that will come back up.

I noticed that too:
I'm not exactly sure what the implications surrounding Fluttershy's omission from Captain Dash's argument will be. Needless to say, I'm interested in finding out how this will come up again in any of the future chapters.
 
Persona is a game series, as an FYI.

Exhibit A for why I need to think more clearly before I post.

Anyway, I'm in a hurry now, so I can't say much right now, but I might re-read that last chapter. I was tired last night, and I feel like there are some things I didn't pick up on.

But one thing:
I feel just as confused as you at this point.


Oh, and those races, I'll be there as long as my power holds out.
Never used this wheel on the PS3, should be fun.


EDIT:

Please upload these to DA, they are awesome!
You can delete others (leave the one with the Rarity and this one)


Yeah, I meant to do that. When I was uploading them to DA I realized I accidentally overwrote the old with the new, but I just forgot to get them off of Picasa after I had finished.

I'll get to that in 30 minutes or so. I need to go get some stuff and I'd rather get it done ASAP to avoid the heavy part of this Hurricane.
 
Last edited:
I will read TNTNE tonight on PSP. My mom wants to use the PC. (farmville or something)

Good bye!

EDIT: Toronado made a good work and edited all chapters of "Dreams and Nightmares" (he is awesoem!)
 
Back