The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,766,945 views
^^ Interesting, for two reasons, the first one would be that it is on 2D and it sort of works. The other interesting thing about it is that Rarity just defeated the Eggman and is going home :lol: .

Which brings me to:
131432758504.png


Also this:
131426340864.jpg

:lol:

Twiluna, that's a new one.
 
*upload first image to Ponibooru*

*don't think to make an account until after you upload*


130292661437.jpg
 


First I was all:
47509%252520-%252520computer%252520denied%252520hardware_abuse%252520no%252520punch%252520twilight_sparkle.jpg


But then I listened, and now I'm all:
I%252527m%252520Okay%252520With%252520This.png
 
Last edited:
That's absolutely brilliant for an Indie team, seriously brilliant.

5SlGivess-OxO49Kgz81zJgeSwEWdDOFl123ayI_gWISxmymCXTwSuS-uvc0p4qWcUwF5RSqbAE8K-SLJkhjfLLfBsJcP-dvClflCNMRjelXOm8xRTY


I'm suspecting they tested the concept in Torque first, the struggle will be the voices, which I don't think he will include, however is really impressive.


No intention for sleeping yet:

ED
Seems promising.
 
Last edited:

In lighter news, 'Dat Derpy.

Going again towards this, but Derpy?

ED

I cant believe I'm saying this, but I cant take it anymore, is too intense, more intense than Cupcakes, and I just happen to check a little bit on Pinkie in the afternoon, dammit.

Finished:

Really nice execution of the whole hallucinations thing and the constant mental pressure, maybe that's one of the main reasons of its appeal, apart from that, it really grasped well the notion of other facets of her mind playing games on her, it was a nice touch.

Other thing that strucks me is that this will probably be the begining of what I'll call: The second generation of fanfics, this one might be the one that started with the whole discord thing, which indicates a really promising prospect for further fanfics to come.

Still, no better than Two Beats, but good anyway.

Is really long.
 
Last edited:

49627%20-%20Sweetie_Belle%20apple_bloom%20cmc%20dumb_fire%20scootaloo.png


D'awww: Well, that's obvious why there's d'awww.

Also, Rarity....marshmallow, you know the story.

What you don't know is the amoutn of d'aww is ruined by Pony Thread Simulator V3 on YouTube.
It.....it completely ruined marshmallows for me. Especially when coupled with Sweetie Belle. I normally joke about that stuff, but it seriously bothers me for some reason.
I don't know....maybe it's because I am very tired.

You know....I'm just going with d'awww, but the thought of that video just keeps popping into my head.

'night everybrony.
Good%20Night%20Twilight.jpg




Also, I love that design dylans1o:tup:
Not sure if I said it before. Again, I am very, very tired, and I've been "busy" all day.

Also, I'll be uploading those images tomorrow.
Lets just hope that T10's site holds up 'till then.
 
dylans1o, nice desighn! And that EMP blast...
All I have to say is that dylans1o captured Fy's dreams and MintBerryCrunch captured his nightmares perfectly!

White Fy with insomnia, dreams about racing and performing a sonic rainboom.
Dark Fy became stronger, his only dream is to be able to live a normal life during the day.


Everyone in this thread are so awesome!
/ )^ɛ^(\


Chicken%252520Seal%252520of%252520Awesome.gif
 
Last edited:
I just noticed how the letters mimic sport's cars models.
(Ford Focus) ST
(Honda NSX) R
(Pagani Zonda) F
(Nissan) GTR

And the funny thing is that the only one of those in Midnight Club is the Focus ST (and the R34 GT-R)
 
Christ this one was intense.




And I don't give a damn what NTSTS says, this one is (with one exception) the best portrayal of Mental Breakdown Pinkie I've seen.

That the author did it without even touching the Pinkamena/Cupcakes character style is all the more impressive, because acting like Pinkie has even an inkling of violent tendencies hidden away in her psyche seems like a massive copout that does a disservice to her character. Even when that portrayal is done really well it doesn't seem right.
 
Last edited:
And for a completely unrelated non-pony midnight club Weee moment!!

He always wanted to be as cool as rainbow dash...
18U6kl.jpg


t48rCl.jpg
 
 
Jenetikitty re-wrote "Exile"

...I ...well, I'm speechless.

She changed some parts too much though.
Needs some editing. One part conflicts with the scene.
If anyone want to help, please PM me.
 
Last edited:
Also nice fic, Allegrezza turned out to be quite interesting, Octavia turn out to be quite interesting.
There is no need of criticize it, it was good.
(*Imagines Humanized Ocativia+Scotch and Fading, unmeasurable amounts of profit*)

Why thank you, I'm sure humanised drunk Octy would be a very fun character.

CoffeeGrunt, congrats! There's something you haven't done yet, a tradition of yours when you get posted.

I genuinely don't get what you meant, but thanks. :D

Also, returned from work to find four extra watchers, 29 comments, and a tonne of pageviews. The cause? This:
http://gunslingerpen.deviantart.com/art/Allegrezza-cover-255071489

Words...cannot...express. So...damn happy. :D
 
What did I tell you?



OctaScratch is the one pairing that even people who go into the comments for shipping stories just to bitch about shipping stories can't help enjoy reading. Truly, The Vinyl Scratch Tapes was a game changer for this fandom.
 
I thought that was Twixie? Oh wait...they're essentially identical.

There's Polar Opposites, Hidden Love, and Slow Burn. That's about the only three categories I can think of for shipping fics. A combination of all three just about explains most good fics. Mine's only really the first and third.
 
I don't think you need all three. In fact, I'd say that considering what the most common pairings are, all three may conspire to make it all unbelievable if you don't tread lightly.




50034%20-%20artist%3Afiarel%20cola%20twilight_sparkle.png

Oh Cereal, look what you did. Now Twilight needs to wear a box to enjoy Brony Cola.
 
Christ this one was intense.




And I don't give a damn what NTSTS says, this one is (with one exception) the best portrayal of Mental Breakdown Pinkie I've seen.

That the author did it without even touching the Pinkamena/Cupcakes character style is all the more impressive, because acting like Pinkie has even an inkling of violent tendencies hidden away in her psyche seems like a massive copout that does a disservice to her character. Even when that portrayal is done really well it doesn't seem right.

Actually he is kind of wrong, you see:

DID presents in a different way, and it doesn't affect the subject physique, what the author portrait was the whole degenerative progression of schizophrenia, the voices were possibly auditory hallucinations caused by her degenerative state caused by the "shadow" shown there, which is complete different from the DID symptoms, there is a stage in both conditions that is similar, however the progression and some details presented there suggest such thing a schizophrenia tendency.

Both things(in that stage)are similar, but not equal.

I'm a bit mad by this, the manifestation of that tends to suggest one thing, but that does not mean an invalidity of the whole subject.

I'm quite busy right now, I will continue this chat later.
 
So, my boss was making a call via mobile this morning, then he decided to point out the MLP stickers on the back of the phone, which took me by complete surprise. This could have been so awesome, but sadly they were G3 Pony stickers.

There are apparently two completely different Ask Pinkamena tumblr accounts going. One of them is kind of meh, but the other one has a lot of hilarious dark comedy.

I should have mentioned this before, but I came across the latter tumblr account earlier this week after seeing some of the Ask PDP images on Ponibooru. Some...no...most of them are just wrong, yet I find myself laughing at most of them as well, especially the one where she's asked to lick her knife :lol:

My sense of humour, it is dark.



Also, I'll probably read the next few parts of Allegrezza this evening when I'm not killing time by playing DiRT3.
 
Actually he is kind of wrong, you see:

DID presents in a different way, and it doesn't affect the subject physique, what the author portrait was the whole degenerative progression of schizophrenia, the voices were possibly auditory hallucinations caused by her degenerative state caused by the "shadow" shown there, which is complete different from the DID symptoms, there is a stage in both conditions that is similar, however the progression and some details presented there suggest such thing a schizophrenia tendency.

Both things(in that stage)are similar, but not equal.

I'm a bit mad by this, the manifestation of that tends to suggest one thing, but that does not mean an invalidity of the whole subject.

I'm quite busy right now, I will continue this chat later.

Attempting to directly peg Pinkie's actions in that story kind of miss the point considering its all but explicitly stated that there was an outside magical force directly wreaking havoc on her mental state by exaggerating the bad thoughts she had in Party of One.

For that matter, isn't DID one of those ones where they can't even agree whether it is an actual thing?




In fact, that's part of the reason I think it worked so well, because a lot of those Pinkie stories attempt to shoehorn a mental disorder onto her character to justify the story rather than having the story justify the character. Especially the ones where they pick up where Party of One left off and go from there, acting as if Pinkamena is her true nature and Pinkie is her coping mechanism. Sometimes it works when they do that (Pony Psychological, for example, but even that was based mostly on CMFIS rather than actual mental disorders), but most times it just leaves you questioning why they wrote the story in the first place.


I read a similar one today with Luna about an hour ago.

She was suffering from something like PTSD (I really didn't think it was good enough to really analyze it), and the entire thing (and it was long) was just Luna building herself up and knocking herself down (with the implication that this had happened before), which I suppose would work if canon didn't directly contradict it.

And then Luna went through with a grandiose suicide plan that someone suffering from whatever the hell she was suffering from would never be able to pull off.

I mean, where is the line between "examining a Pony's mental state" and "making crap up because you want to write a sadfic?"



especially the one where she's asked to lick her knife
Bluh!



Someone actually colored the last panel of the recent Fluttershy set. They did a really good job with it, but it loses a lot of the atmosphere unfortunately (fortunately?).


Also:
43635%20-%20ask_pinkamena_diane_pie%20blood%20pinkie_pie%20politics%20satire%20scootaloo.jpg




Edit:
50048%20-%20Bison%20Pixelmator%20Street_Fighter%20crossover%20of_course%20scootaloo.jpg

Of Horse!
 
Last edited:
 
News from BC.

BronyCray

I'm halfway through my final edit run, next chapter will be up by 5 EST. The biggest challenge today was choosing a title, something I usually do before I even begin writing. More on that later.
 
Back