The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,756,444 views
54150%20-%20applejack%20artist%3Ajohn_joseco%20bed%20cute%20morning_ponies%20yawning.png






Story where Rainbow Dash's father is Ponyfied George Takei.


Don't bother reading the Twixie if you saw the ED post the above story was featured in. Built entirely around a really predictable plot twist that is handled very poorly, completely ruining any emotional impact it might have had.
 
i might be offending some people but whats with the obsession with 'bronies'?

sorry if i have offended you.....
 
I don't see why that would be offensive to anyone. To answer your question, not a clue.
 
i might be offending some people but whats with the obsession with 'bronies'?

sorry if i have offended you.....

No offense taken, it's a perfectly reasonable question actually.
Basically, it's the community.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, really. It's just, the show is bright and cheerful enough to inspire creativity withing the community, and then their creativity inspires others, and it just continues from there. It's a snowball effect, only it's a big colorful, funny, sometimes dramatic, and really, really cheerful snowball.

The story within the show itself seems to have just enough depth to provide a starting point for people, without enough detail to make it difficult to work around the established characters, so writing a fan-fiction without stepping on anything is relatively easy, and just fun to do, and fan-fics are a big driving force behind the fandom. Aside from that, if there is a form of creative expression, it has been, and is still, used with ponies. Whether it's music videos, funny videos, parody videos, parody videos of parody videos, drawings, music, stories, modeling, game design, plushies, and just about anything else you can think of.

Really, the show inspired enough creativity within people somehow, that the community began fueling itself. And I think the obsession comes from the fact that, if you can think of it, it can be expressed through ponies.

EDIT: Oh, and we can all find some way to relate to one pony or another. There's something for pretty much everyone.



Anyway,
Capture.PNG

......
......
......
"Because you watched: Call Upon The Seaponies"
......
......
......
Trixie%252520is%252520Suspicious.png

 
Last edited:
^Quite, you.

Also,
celestiagif1.gif


Oh, and I'd be willing to bet that somewhere on the interwebz, there is a version of this:
We%252520Must%252520Go%252520Deeper.png

Only with Rainbow Dash saying "so I became cupcakes"
 
Last edited:
Like Minty said, I have never written for anything before ponies, apart from English assignments.

I dunno what prompted me, but the first fanfics I read, Out in the Cold, The Ballad, When Lyra Met BonBon, and others...they all sorta...galvanised a want to add stuff of my own. My first fic inevitably was knocked back, oh god, looking back on it now, it was terrible. Second one, after a little pruning, was I Won't See You Tonight. Then came Gods and Demons, then Allegrezza, the latter probably being my defining and most popular fic.

/Edit/

And thus he was forever branded, "CoffeeGrunt Threadkiller," for whenever he made his post, none would come until he had left.

On that note, early night t'night:
sleeping_lyra_by_bronyontheway-d42e7md.png


*Hides in nearby hedge...waiting.* The tinfoil hat, of course, being essential here.
 
Last edited:
I'm bored, and the schoolwork I'm doing right now for one of my classes is almost insultingly easy, so:

*clop*
*sits back an watches the fireworks*
 
How do you guys get the images you draw on the PC and keep the great quality (aka. not use a camera) i'm guessing a scanner on a printer
 
@Toro, you really shouldn't be doing that at school.
And I'm not talking about being on GTP. :lol:
@Dylans1o, I'm pretty sure most of the artists here scan their images and then clean them up in GIMP or Photoshop.

And nearly forgot.
47535%252520-%252520morning_ponies%252520pajama%252520rainbow_dash%252520yawn.png
 
I'm bored, and the schoolwork I'm doing right now for one of my classes is almost insultingly easy, so:

*clop*

131415099008.jpg


Man, Ballad 14 is my favourite yet! Good job, Gravekeeper!
 
Someone has already made this interpretation of the Chimera:
54863%20-%20Discord%20artist%3Aspyrothefox%20chimera%20not_oc%20season_2%20speculation%20stained_glass.jpg


As you can see, it's based on the Chimera that's visible on the stained glass window in that screenshot of Canterlot Castle.[/QUOTE]





that is awesome
 
Interesting things in this. If you're fans of the Yogscast, You'll like the Customs. As well, Secret Pony level in Diablo III?

May be some bad language. Barely any, though, I think there was a stifled *shoot*
 
Got a name for my Pony and a new Avatar too match.. I decided to go with Green Thunder because I think its less obvious than Green Lightning (which was my original idea)

Also Unit-one when you see this.. i'll get a scan of my picture (hopefully tomorrow) and send it to you then
 

Manly tears? Manly tears.
Anyway, you're seeing less of me today because I've got a headache that is kicking my ass.
 
^I....must.....not....er, need to resist......HNNNNGGGGGGG.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
smiley-shocked015.gif
 
Yay, critic.

source

Don't worry about that. I, from an impartial point of view, really like that writing style. One of my favorite books is written in a similar way. I'll PM it to you when I find it.

*Practically IRL Two Beats*

Interesting... Let's hope ponies don't do that to us.

All I can say is, I hope season two doesn't suffer Halo 3 Hype Syndrome, and we push our expectations to impossible levels for it...

We here like to call it GT5 Syndrome. :dopey:

i might be offending some people but whats with the obsession with 'bronies'?

sorry if i have offended you.....

No offense at all.

Basically, what Minty said.

But I'd like to add the reminiscence of the show to some cartoons of the 40s and the 90s, both golden eras for animation.

The fact that somebody pulls this out on the 2010s, so far a dark era for most forms of art, caused by what I call "The only point Communists had"- Publicity, consumerism and greed, all which makes companies keep ignoring Real, good artists and give that room to crap like Rebbecca Black, Justin Beiber or the guys that made the Smurf's movie; really lifts some spirits.
 
Hey guys, good new, I recovered from the near fatal heart attack brought on by that last pic Toro showed me.

Oh, hey look, a new Drawfriends....
54754+-+Christmas+Stocking+artist+doppelgangsta+cute+filly+twilight_sparkle+will_cause_diabetes_and_various_heart_problems.png

smiley-shocked015.gif
 
^
will_cause_diabetes_and_various_heart_ problems

The tags, they don't lie:

46001%252520-%252520caption%252520hnng%252520macro%252520spike.jpg




*heart defibrillated, quickly recovers*




Anyway, looking at the latest Gala image, one guy who commented on it suggested something that would make it at least 20% funnier.
 
55076%20-%20ask_the_diamond_dogs%20berry_punch%20diamond_dogs%20drunk%20rover.png


The best thing about these, I think, is the crossovers.








55100%20-%20Alfalfa_monster%20Goofy_time%20celestia%20meme.png
 
Last edited:

You have no idea how much I wish this was around when we were doing the whole "auto-play" thing.
 
^I was just about to post that video (which I actually think is well made).


Anyway:
55091%20-%20artist%3Afilipinoninja95%20steampunk%20vinyl_scratch.png


Do I approve of steampunk Vinyl Scratch? Why yes, yes I do.
 
Hey, look what I found.
2011-09-07_22.46.14.png


Also, a picture I took of Canterlot.
2011-09-07_16.12.19.png

Somepony accidentally the whole tower.

And since that announcement on ED, server traffic is way up.
 
It tells you that it saved the screenshot on the screenshot? That's kinda dumb.






55108%20-%20artist%3Ahotdiggedydemon%20fluttershy.png


I'm kinda surprised that there aren't more stories about Fluttershy killing everyone.
 
^Only if the chat is open.
I can hide the HUD before taking a shot I think, I just usually forget.

Also, I'm equally surprised about that.
 
I'm kinda surprised that there aren't more stories about Fluttershy killing everyone.

I don't think many poeple have given such a story much consideration really. Hell, if someone did actually make one like that, I might just give it a read through curiosity.


And in response to that Fluttershy image:

54017%20-%20artist%3Ahotdiggedydemon%20spike%20twilight_sparkle.png

Dem faces!


I would post the one with Rarity which I thought was hilarious, but I don't think akira would like it, plus it contains strong language.
 
Back