The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,755,292 views
AJ and Dash didn't look good in em :P

84436%20-%20The_Big_Lebowski%20the_dude.png

Thanks, I was looking for a reason to use this.


Also, I can't really imagine Vinyl in a Gala dress, but at the same time if I'd tried to do so for the mane 6 it would have come out looking the way the original failures did. I have a feeling there's a way to make it work. We'd just need Rarity to give it a shot.



More panel play:
84460%20-%20artist%3Asolar-slash%20pinkie_pie.jpg

84461%20-%20artist%3Asolar-slash%20pinkie_pie.jpg



Also, gotta go to work.
 
Last edited:
you're comparing me to coffee because of the grammar? for the love of...
who could picture Vy in a Gala dress? AJ and Dash didn't look good in em :P

i kinda figured Ponybooru. the place updates so fast and so often it's ridiculous.

I'm having to ignore half the suggested corrections for grammar that my word processor brings up. it's like the thing never heard of Dialect words, most modern words, "portmanteau" words...

No, no, about a month ago we said that Coffee's stories were self inserts. It turned into a joke (for everyone except Coffee) and that's why I compaired your story to his. Sorry for the confusion. :cheers:


ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
vs_gala_dress_by_unitoone-d4g1h61.png


Yo, Coffee, maybe something like this?

Did this just now. Maybe if you like, I can draw it normally. Also I'm thinking on adding stuff to the dress.
 
84138 o.O

right...like you could fly with those. far as I'm concerned, Dash should have a body type somewhere between a runner, swimmer, and gymnast.
 
We're releasing fanimations at the same rate as fanart now? That was fast, are we gunna see fan-made episodes released the day after the official ones? xD

One fan-made episode made just after each official episode is aired? I don't see why we can't double the fun.

Yo, Coffee, maybe something like this?

Did this just now. Maybe if you like, I can draw it normally. Also I'm thinking on adding stuff to the dress.

I'll go ahead say that the black portion of her dress should be in JJ's new favourite colour (purple to you and me). I'm not sure what you were planning on adding to that dress, but I think it'll look better if the blue portion had some kind of music related pattern on it.



And I think SpeccySY is the new Joseco due to the amount of fan art he's been making recently.
 
52747+-+artist+john_joseco+celestia.png


Good morning everynyan.



(*Realizes that Vettel didn't won the GP, gasp*)
 
unit-one
Yo, Coffee, maybe something like this?

Nice:tup:

I actually like the black how it is, though.

Only thing I see that I'd change is the red. I just feel like having that bright red against the darker colors and her white coat just draws too much attention to itself; and away from the rest of the design.

Now excuse me, I need to go do manly things to make up for what I just said.:lol:

And while I'd like to see it drawn normally, I have to say that I like the style of that drawing.
 
Last edited:
Ehem...Jim?

Star Trek reference. Sorry Bjork. :P

Sorry Coffee. I'll try to stop with those jokes. (I'm actually surprised Toro didn't say the same thing when he said something about a self insert regarding Sniffs story.)

No, no, about a month ago we said that Coffee's stories were self inserts. It turned into a joke (for everyone except Coffee) and that's why I compaired your story to his. Sorry for the confusion.

They are very mean and hurtful things to say. Not friendship at all! :P

I'm not going to do a shoutout to you guys on the Brony Show now! xD


you're comparing me to coffee because of the grammar? for the love of...
who could picture Vy in a Gala dress? AJ and Dash didn't look good in em :P

You say it like comparing yourself to me is a bad thing...

Hm...actually, I can't imagine VS in a gala dress...
*thinks some more*

Also, I can't really imagine Vinyl in a Gala dress, but at the same time if I'd tried to do so for the mane 6 it would have come out looking the way the original failures did. I have a feeling there's a way to make it work. We'd just need Rarity to give it a shot.

Yeh, I can't think in designs and colours, etc. I more imagine the narration of something than the object itself. Funny that...

Yo, Coffee, maybe something like this?
Did this just now. Maybe if you like, I can draw it normally. Also I'm thinking on adding stuff to the dress.

I like Mint's idea on adding musical notes or something, because the mane six all had representations of their tramp stamps cutie marks on their dresses.
 
83665+-+Rapidash+artist+nun2artzy+bird+comic+fluttershy+piggy+piggy_pie+pinkie_pie+prank+rainbow_dash+transformation+twilight_sparkle.jpg

Pinkie doesn't seem all that fussed.


And I can understand Twilight's reaction. As it turns out metal buckets to the head don't feel good. As one of my friends discovered only moments after I did a few years ago.

He did that to me, so I chucked the bucket at his head. Good times....gooooood times.


And this just showed up on ponibooru:
84263%20-%20artist%3Atrotsworth%20crossover%20davhorse%20davros%20derpy%20derpy_hooves%20dinky%20dinky_doo%20doctor_hooves%20doctor_who.png
Forgot to comment on this last night.


It's amazing. I love this fandom........


84507%20-%20aliens%20artist%3Acorruptionsolid%20newt%20ripley%20spike%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

4.png


.....I love it so much.
 
Last edited:
So, this sort of fix yesterday's mane six fiasco:

84521%20-%20applejack%20artist%3Akumadori-chan%20human%20humanized%20perfection.jpg


Apart from that, this also strengths my thesis of AJ best humanized pony, I cant argue with that, is just beautiful (I always end up expecting a FS version that never actually comes, but some day will be my lucky day, Pinkie always have unreasonable oversized boobs for some reason).



And:

84518%20-%20meme%20michio_kaku.png




(*Goes back to networking stuff*)
 
Ponies + Michio Kaku? Yeah, let's mix the show with some quantum physics.

(*Realizes that Vettel didn't won the GP, gasp*)

Gasp.png


He didn't even finish, and I'm pissed that I actually missed the race. The last time that happened I was on a Stena Line ferry to Dublin 2 years ago.

Only thing I see that I'd change is the red. I just feel like having that bright red against the darker colors and her white coat just draws too much attention to itself; and away from the rest of the design.

But, but the red part goes with her eyes :(

Actually, I reckon that unit could make the red section light blue, and the black part a kind of lavender colour.

They are very mean and hurtful things to say. Not friendship at all! :P

I'm not going to do a shoutout to you guys on the Brony Show now! xD

Oh bugger.

I like Mint's idea on adding musical notes or something, because the mane six all had representations of their tramp stamps cutie marks on their dresses.

Mint's idea? Check again sir :lol:


I love this fandom, and I love Aliens (the movie of course).
 
Morning everypony! Been watching some episodes with my mom, she had a lot of pony dolls when she was young.
 
But, but the red part goes with her eyes :(

Good point.

Maybe the gold band could be colored red. That would compliment her eyes without grabbing too much attention away from the rest of it.
 
Good point.

Maybe the gold band could be colored red. That would compliment her eyes without grabbing too much attention away from the rest of it.

Hmm, yeah. There should be at least a small portion of red on that dress, and replacing the gold band with a red one would look alright, well in my head it does anyway. I'm still unsure about the black upper section though.

Also, you do realise that we're effectively designing a dress. I honestly did not see that coming.
 
In honesty, you can't find a page of this thread that's truly manly...

That fact is glorious.
 
Wow, some of the Sonic fandom are pretty up their own ass. Especially considering that their fans of Sonic, which...well, doesn't really do anything.

Also, I love how this thread is now essentially Rarity's head. :D
 
Update: Good news for me. I found the newest episode on YouTube. Will watch it later.
 
I'll go ahead say that the black portion of her dress should be in JJ's new favourite colour (purple to you and me). I'm not sure what you were planning on adding to that dress, but I think it'll look better if the blue portion had some kind of music related pattern on it.

Jeez, I had to read your post 5 times to understand what you mean.

And yes, I want to put some kind of texture or graphic on that skirt. :\


Nice:tup:

I actually like the black how it is, though.

Only thing I see that I'd change is the red. I just feel like having that bright red against the darker colors and her white coat just draws too much attention to itself; and away from the rest of the design.

And while I'd like to see it drawn normally, I have to say that I like the style of that drawing.

I had an idea that the red part will go with her eyes. < and I'm not sure if I wrote this sentence correctly.

You liked this style of drawing? whaat...


Star Trek reference. Sorry Bjork. :P

:indiff: ...


I'm not going to do a shoutout to you guys on the Brony Show now! xD

That's okay.



I like Mint's Wiegert's idea on adding musical notes or something, because the mane six all had representations of their tramp stamps cutie marks on their dresses.

I had ideas.

But, but the red part goes with her eyes :(

Actually, I reckon that unit could make the red section light blue, and the black part a kind of lavender colour.

Red part of the dress + eyes.
Will change the colors and update the picture as soon as I find out what "lavender" means, lol.


Mint's idea? Check again sir :lol:

CoffeeGrunt is acting strange. He already made a similar mistake.



Maybe the gold band could be colored red. That would compliment her eyes without grabbing too much attention away from the rest of it.

Gold change to red. Got it.

Also, you do realise that we're effectively designing a dress. I honestly did not see that coming.

My most discussed picture...that wasn't even finished.
 
Also, I love how this thread is now essentially Rarity's head. :D

That's it, I'm not going to clean my room from now on, for it will be my inspiration room from this point forward. I require a zone of organised chaos in order for me to come up with new design ideas :lol:

Jeez, I had to read your post 5 times to understand what you mean.

And yes, I want to put some kind of texture or graphic on that skirt. :\

Oh, uh, sorry. I went a bit crazy with that post.


Anyway, let's see what that dress looks like with a few additional patterns and colour alterations.

CoffeeGrunt is acting strange. He already made a similar mistake.

When has he ever acted normal? :lol:

My most discussed picture...that wasn't even finished.

Vinyl's dress design is of the utmost importance!
 
^^ Open a couple of those PP WOOO videos and you will hear the Equestrian Police siren.



Anyway, let's see what that dress looks like with a few additional patterns and colour alterations.

Vinyl's dress design is of the utmost importance!

Working on it.
 
Non-pony related but I never knew Duran Duran still sounded good (20+ years later)
 
Watched The Cutie Pox. I had a feeling Apple Bloom had taken Zecora's Heart's Desire and used it. It was funny when Apple Bloom started speaking French, then carving a statue, and everything that she did.
 
Acually, coffee, i thought it was more an insult to YOU. after all, I got called a Marty Stu for writing in the first person

maybe I'll just pull the damn things and concentrate on "Naval Jelly-ing" my art skills (de-rusting them). 'course, you guys'd make fun of those, too, I'd bet (geeze, my last digital pic was a piece of crap)
 
maybe I'll just pull the damn things and concentrate on "Naval Jelly-ing" my art skills (de-rusting them). 'course, you guys'd make fun of those, too, I'd bet (geeze, my last digital pic was a piece of crap)

Hey, my first pics were awful too. And I still make mistakes while drawing. Don't be afraid to show your work.


EDIT:

Okay,
1)changed the black to lavender.
2)changed red to blue.
3)changed gold to red.
4) extender that crown thingie.
5) added face and shadows.

vs_gala_dress_by_unitoone-d4g1h61.png



Now for the texture on the dress... any ideas? Music notes?
 
Last edited:
CoffeeGrunt is acting strange. He already made a similar mistake.

When has he ever acted normal?

I write lesbian horse fiction, how can I ever claim normality?

That reminds me of a segment from Hitchhiker's Guide.

Well, that, and I've been listening to this on loop:




:D

My most discussed picture...that wasn't even finished.

Heh, when people are buzzing over an unfinished project, is when you know you're onto something sweet. :D

That's it, I'm not going to clean my room from now on, for it will be my inspiration room from this point forward. I require a zone of organised chaos in order for me to come up with new design ideas

My new excuse. xD
 
Back