The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,755,952 views
no, I meant the fics. you're one of the few, here, that could actually LOOK at my artworks. btw, I've been drawing since 93, people (and possibly since 89...I'm trained as a Draftsman)

makes me wish I could link to my OTHER archive and get an opinion, BUT...

Edit: um, that thing above Vy's ear...I keep waiting for someone to start cracking "Beam me up, Scotty" jokes (or should that be "beam me up, Octy?) *nudgenudge*
 
Last edited:
I like the green crown, breaks up the colours nicely and makes it more vibrant.

Hmmm, just trying to think of a way to subtly add part of Octavia's colour palette to it without it clashing with the colours. Because it'd be accidentally romantic and open up options later on. :D
 
I like the green crown, breaks up the colours nicely and makes it more vibrant.

Hmmm, just trying to think of a way to subtly add part of Octavia's colour palette to it without it clashing with the colours. Because it'd be accidentally romantic and open up options later on. :D

Hahah, oh you =)

I still think the black top looks better.

Added music notes :/


vs_gala_dress_by_unitoone-d4g1h61.png
 
^That looks better, in fact it really does look like something she would have worn if she had gone to the Gala.

I'm not sure what colour the notes should be, white perhaps? Black notes don't look too bad though.
 
84577%20-%20Ask_Twi%20filly%20juicebox%20twilight_sparkle.jpg


die mint hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg
 
after all, I got called a Marty Stu for writing in the first person
No you didn't.
























Not to steal unit's thunder, but a thought occurred from something Coffee said this morning:

Dammit, I can't find any art of Scratch in a gala dress to use for inspiration. :|
I know that there was one. I think maybe Sweatshirt drew it. I'll see if I can find it while unit is finishing up his, though I personally think unit's is coming out better than that one already from what I can remember of it.










84587%20-%20Scratch%20dj_p0n3%20kinda_old_but_who_cares%20sonic%20the_x_has_been_doubled%20vinyl_scratch.png
 
1.JPG


Not bad, not bad at all.


That's it, stare into my soul why don't youHNNNNNG.


And I was about to post that.

I know that there was one. I think maybe Sweatshirt drew it. I'll see if I can find it while unit is finishing up his, though I personally think unit's is coming out better than that one already from what I can remember of it.

I've seen at least 2 other dress designs for Vinyl, but neither of those dresses looked anything like the one in unit's drawing, plus neither of them looked that great if I'm honest.
 
Hahah, oh you =)
I still think the black top looks better.
Added music notes :/

I like it. Hmmm, how would the music notes look in grey/pink, though?

I know that there was one. I think maybe Sweatshirt drew it. I'll see if I can find it while unit is finishing up his, though I personally think unit's is coming out better than that one already from what I can remember of it.

I've seen at least 2 other dress designs for Vinyl, but neither of those dresses looked anything like the one in unit's drawing, plus neither of them looked that great if I'm honest.

You mean this?

http://cheezburger.com/Biggmac4444/lolz/View/5227096576

Cos yeh, I skipped right by it. Just looks noisy and trashy, too much going on. Like a music-themed tablecloth. Unit's sketch is already way better than it already. :D
 
So there I was browsing my DeviantArt and...

Untitled.png


Hey Toro, didn't that guy write a story on that ship you like? :P
 
Last edited:
I know that there was one. I think maybe Sweatshirt drew it. I'll see if I can find it while unit is finishing up his, though I personally think unit's is coming out better than that one already from what I can remember of it.

I've seen at least 2 other dress designs for Vinyl, but neither of those dresses looked anything like the one in unit's drawing, plus neither of them looked that great if I'm honest.


Cos yeh, I skipped right by it. Just looks noisy and trashy, too much going on. Like a music-themed tablecloth. Unit's sketch is already way better than it already. :D

Are you serious??

Okay, here's another one:


vs_gala_dress_by_unitoone-d4g1h61.png
 
Last edited:
So you're going for a shade of dark grey rather than light purple or black on the top section of her dress? It looks good actually, and that new pattern is alright as well.


I can't help but think that the dark blue part looks a little bit plain, so maybe you could add a few other musical notes or patterns on that section of the dress.
 
IMG_20111113_163657.jpg

:D

The trash that missed the can is my part of my inspiration room.
 
^ Nice trash... I mean shirt xD

Does a banana peal lying on my desk counts as an organized chaos? It's getting black...
 
^That looks.....uh.....interesting......
 
I can't help but think that the dark blue part looks a little bit plain, so maybe you could add a few other musical notes or patterns on that section of the dress.

I don't know what to add. More notes doesn't look right. More strings doesn't look right ether. Streamers?
 
Found it:


Vinyl%252520Scratch%252520at%252520the%252520Gala.jpg

That and the other dress Coffee mentioned earlier were the ones I saw before. I think you can see why I didn't think either of them looked good on Vinyl.



Also:
84629%20-%20Ariel_Atom%20dat_face%20jeremy_clarkson%20ponified.jpg


If I remember correctly, this has already been ponified by Mint (you know, that gif with RD's face over Jezza's).


I don't know what to add. More notes doesn't look right. More strings doesn't look right ether. Streamers?

If you don't think it looks right with more notes or strings, then fair enough. I can't think of anything else you could add really.
 
Frame1.gif


Still might go back and fix the neck at some point.

Maybe when I do I should upload it to ponibooru.

Or I'll just go the lazy route and upload as is......not sure right now.

EDIT: 🤬 it. Uploaded.
 
Last edited:
Only addition I can think of is a miniature record on her green crown instead of a swirl, fits better and looks cooler. :D

Also that swaetshrit Gala dress looks more like Chi-nl Scratch, amirite...?

...

I'm here all week. :D
 
Okay, last edit for today.

Changed the image on her crown. Now it's a vinyl record.


EDIT: added some black stuff at the bottom of the dress.
vs_gala_dress_by_unitoone-d4g1h61.png
 
Last edited:
...

19351%20-%20artist%3Abr0ny%20me_gusta%20twilight_sparkle.png


I can't think of anything to change. Open to the floor, I guess? :D
 
EDIT: added some black stuff at the bottom of the dress.

I think it looked good before you added the black part along the bottom, but there's nothing wrong with the dress as it is.

Open to the floor, I guess?
I'm having trouble understanding you today...

In English, he just wants to know what everyone else thinks of your drawing.
 
Last edited:
^ :lol:


I think it looked good before you added the black part along the bottom, but there's nothing wrong with the dress as it is.

CG liked it. It was an idea from one of my DA watchers, but she didn't liked the result xD
 
That's horrible and hilarious at the same time. XD

though I still am lost as to what is going on.
 
Back