The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
Supposed to reach mid-thirties today and it looks like it's going to be at least that, for the next week.

screenshot-www.weatherzone.com.au 2017-01-08 12-18-14.jpeg

:indiff:

Snow. Wind. Sun. That was today's
Snow. Wind. Sun. Is tomorrows.
Cold. Sun. Calm. Is Thursdays.

There's something very wrong when there's a windchill of -35F and that because it's warmed up a little. I'd rather have snow than this nonsense. :irked:

TB
There's something very wrong when there's a windchill of -35F and that because it's warmed up a little. I'd rather have snow than this nonsense. :irked:

It could always be worse.
Like yesterday International Falls -39F with a windchill of -56F

Winter Storm Watch for up to 1/4" ice and up to 6" of snow.
I don't really want to go anywhere Monday now.

As my dad says. If you don't like the weather in GA, stick around, it'll change.
Last Sunday: Low 14° High 26° Partly Cloudy/Sleet
Today: Low 52° High 76° Mostly Sunny
50 degree difference in a week! GA has no seasons!! Just Hot or Cold...

Snow in the forecast, again
15977910_10154040371656666_1991977452722197871_n.jpg

Snow expected tonight through tomorrow for Anchorage and the Matanuska Valley. Winter Weather Advisories in place from Midnight tonight until 4 PM tomorrow for snow. Anchorage could see 4-8 inches of snow with the heaviest amounts in East Anchorage and the higher elevation

Well supposed to have some sleet/snow/ice later on this afternoon between 4-8 pm.
Then it's warmer near 40 for the end of the week.
Bye bye snow so I can maybe actually get on the bike?

So we got about .17" of ice with a .5" of snow.
Schools are delayed.
I am planning to see if I can even get into my car and if I can start clearing it out.

We here in New Zealand are going through that of a tropical storm right now. Gale force winds, on and off rain and the occasional lightning has done quite a bit of damage around the place, destroying flimsy tin garden sheds, toppling trees and knocking over anything not explicitly nailed down.

Power outages have been reported throughout the country, though personally haven't had an outage, only the occasional flicker. This storm's set to last quite a while, so the next few days may be a little hectic for me...

Still mild, above freezing.
Foggy and Cloudy.
Possibly some snow Tuesday night/Wednesday.

It's bad here, been raining heavily for the past 3-5 days straight and doesn't seem to be getting any better tomorrow. Had to drive through about 20km of unlit rural roads on a heavy rain was very unpleasant.

After the temperature reached a spring time 42°F.....its snowing again

And we just got a winter weather advisory

• ... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM AKST THIS EVENING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ANCHORAGE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM AKST THIS EVENING. * LOCATION... ANCHORAGE BOWL AND HILLSIDE INCLUDING EAGLE RIVER. * SNOW... 5 TO 7 INCHES TOTAL ACCUMULATION. * VISIBILITY... OCCASIONALLY UNDER ONE MILE. * TIMING... SNOW MAY BRIEFLY TAPER OFF THIS MORNING BEFORE GETTING HEAVIER AGAIN THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. * IMPACTS... TRAVEL MAY BE DIFFICULT. VISIBILITIES WILL BE LIMITED IN HEAVY SNOWFALL. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES, AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

EDIT: Well, we got some light snow, I guess Matsu Valley got most of the snow.

Last edited:
Back