The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
We've received our first real snow of the year. This of course means 2 thing, people can't drive in snow and despite having advanced warning, plows are nowhere to be seen.

At least I got to try the 4WD and traction control on my Jeep, lots of black ice on the roads.

Naamloos.jpg

Rain, overcast and 12°C.

First snow. Less than a cm but we have snow. It's going to be melted by the end of the day though.

Hardly any snow in the last month here, and it’s even supposed to be around 60 degrees tomorrow. :eek: Only an observation though, no complaints... :D

I find it difficult to imagine a "hot" Christmas. Living in the Nothern hemisphere, Christmas is usually cold, wet or white. :P

Be glad you're not living in Narvik, Norway at this time of year. They only have 19 minutes of sunlight per day at the moment (rises at 11:47am and sets at 12:06pm today).

And the forecast says seven days of snowfall in the coming week and a half.

Second decent amount of snowfall this season and I'm already tired of it. :lol:

Bonus points if you can find my car :sly:

20190112_093825.jpg

Where do you live?

We are in summer now and starting to hit 40 degrees so I'm happy to swap with you for the next month if you like.
View attachment 792237
I'm in the Greater St. Louis area. I'm on the Illinois side. This is in the United States. :)

Particularly known as the Midwest region. We are know for get all for seasons of weather in a single week. Monday it was 67 degrees. Friday night into Saturday morning and some places in the area have gotten up to a foot of snow. Fantastic right? It has been winter since December 21st, but we received our first big snow in early November which is a little out of the ordinary. But none the less, we never count out a few odd ball days where we have sunshine and 60 degrees F.

I'm in the Greater St. Louis area. I'm on the Illinois side. This is in the United States. :)

Particularly known as the Midwest region. We are know for get all for seasons of weather in a single week. Monday it was 67 degrees. Friday night into Saturday morning and some places in the area have gotten up to a foot of snow. Fantastic right? It has been winter since December 21st, but we received our first big snow in early November which is a little out of the ordinary. But none the less, we never count out a few odd ball days where we have sunshine and 60 degrees F.
👍

I'll take your 60 degrees F over our 40 plus degree C / 104 degrees F.

In Adelaide - Australia in winter time it can get down to 10 degrees C and 0 degrees C over night but no snow.

👍

I'll take your 60 degrees F over our 40 plus degree C / 104 degrees F.

In Adelaide - Australia in winter time it can get down to 10 degrees C and 0 degrees C over night but no snow.
In our summer months June-August we typically have about two heat waves with temps getting up to and sometimes over 100 degrees F (sorry for not converting...) and that doesnt include humidity for what the temp "feels like"

So, I feel your pain when it gets hot. Stay cool :cool:

Can't wait for Wednesday and Thursday, what fun...

View attachment 791740

:indiff:

Updated outlook. Next week keeps getting better & better....

screenshot-www.weatherzone.com.au-2019.01.13-15-44-07.png

Is it Winter yet?
We are in summer now and starting to hit 40 degrees so I'm happy to swap with you for the next month if you like.

Know Adelaide can get crazy hot during Summer but holy hell, 45°C for Tuesday? Think I'll stick with 40°C we're getting here, thanks. :lol: :crazy:

Its been snowing heavy for a week straight now...

And as much as I appreciate some snow (since we don't get it that often), I am now tired of it.

Please leave!!! :sly:

Back