The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
Very cold here too

upload_2019-1-21_16-26-12.png

That's in Fahrenheit.

They promised snow. Where is the snow? I want snow. It is cold enough to have snow.

EDIT: ask and you will receive. It is snowing at the moment.

It seems there are two weather threads. I didn't even notice. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
In my neck of the woods we have the exact opposite to most of you. It's going to be very, very hot here for the next couple of days. So hot that Thursday could be the hottest day on record here. Temperatures are in Celsius.

Untitled.png

In my neck of the woods we have the exact opposite to most of you. It's going to be very, very hot here for the next couple of days. So hot that Thursday could be the hottest day on record here. Temperatures are in Celsius.

View attachment 794503
I live in Adelaide to, :banghead:
we are starting work 2 hours early today due to the heat.

Well it's official, today is Adelaide's hottest day on record beating the previous record from 1939 by .1c (so far).

Untitled.png

Edit: I knew I should have waited. It's now 46.3c :eek:

I live in Adelaide to, :banghead:
we are starting work 2 hours early today due to the heat.
I hope you got to go home really early.

Meanwhile in the north of Sweden, it’s been -20°c to -27°c for a week now. With some wind just to make sure you feel you’re alive (for a while, until you can’t feel your face anymore).

37°C - 46°C in Australia and -20°C - -27°C in Sweden. We are almost right in the middle (not completely correct). Between 1°C and - 2°C.

Had a pretty sizeable blizzard roll through last night into this morning. Thanks to that, I don't have any college classes until 3pm today :cheers:

Had a pretty sizeable blizzard roll through last night into this morning. Thanks to that, I don't have any college classes until 3pm today :cheers:
We started at 10:30.

It's currently a balmy -6F with a -26F windchill. Low tonight is supposed to be -18F. Hopefully with little to no wind.

TB
We started at 10:30.

It's currently a balmy -6F with a -26F windchill. Low tonight is supposed to be -18F. Hopefully with little to no wind.
Hey against the cold protected Scandinavian guy you have 30,000 posts.

TB
They're already talking about campus being closed the next two days.
Some of the school districts here in Southeast Michigan have already closed for the next three days. I'm not sure if any of the colleges/universities have closed yet, but won't be shocked if they do.

I guess it's the same here. Did not see a single school bus running at all today. Plus, we're not expected to break above 0 degrees F for the next few days. Guess I'll go make some hot chocolate and just relax inside.

All of this talk of extreme weather and I'm stuck here with the most boring weather I've ever seen. Grey skies, dirty roads and brown sludge everywhere from the salt and grit spreading, slightly damp conditions and 2°C/36°F. :grumpy: I hope it snows soon so there's something interesting to look at.

Back