The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
Well this should be fun. At the moment they are calling for up to 4" of rain in some parts. Lower half of the state is under flood advisory.

hurricane.png

There is a Freeze Warning out for this weekend and it's supposed to be in the 30F range Saturday morning. :nervous:

I haven't checked the weather forecast so I don't know it this beautiful sunny but not too warm day is going to repeat itself the next coming days.

Should start seeing some rain tonight ahead of Rosa's arrival. Looking like it's going to be quite wet for a few days. Will make for a very slow work week...

rosa.jpg

It's been raining off and on all day. If we get lots of snow this winter we will be screwed come spring time since the ground is already pretty well saturated. :nervous:

It was a nice sunny day. Around 18°C, not much wind and almost no clouds. Too bad winter is coming. I hate cold. :nervous:

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 08.41.01.png

Michael underwent (well, is still undergoing) textbook rapid intensification and is quite a storm. It's got the potential to make landfall as a Cat 5, if not a high end Cat 4.

22°C today and even warmer in a couple of days. Next week, it is going to be all over, I mean, this nice summer-like weather. :grumpy:

Hurricane Michael is now set to be the third most intense landfalling storm in US history, eclipsing Katrina and Andrew among others with a minimum pressure of 919 mb. There's some discussion among storm chasers that this could be the first time storm chasers are killed chasing a hurricane due to the fact that most people didn't expect the storm to be nearly this strong. I was watching Brett Adair's livestream (he's an experienced, albeit aggressive, storm chaser) and he got caught out in the eyewall and had to abandon his car and seek shelter. The stream kept running for a few more minutes, long enough to watch the car get carried away by rising water and 120+ mph winds.

Last edited:
I thought summer was over now that we're in October... Turns out I was wrong, we're getting 22°C this week again. :odd:

Hurricane Michael is now set to be the third most intense landfalling storm in US history, eclipsing Katrina and Andrew among others with a minimum pressure of 919 mb. There's some discussion among storm chasers that this could be the first time storm chasers are killed chasing a hurricane due to the fact that most people didn't expect the storm to be nearly this strong. I was watching Brett Adair's livestream (he's an experienced, albeit aggressive, storm chaser) and he got caught out in the eyewall and had to abandon his car and seek shelter. The stream kept running for a few more minutes, long enough to watch the car get carried away by rising water and 120+ mph winds.
Just pure devastation in Mexico Beach, FL.

Just pure devastation in Mexico Beach, FL.

Yeah, it's unreal. Looks more like EF3 or EF4 tornado damage than hurricane damage, until you realise that it goes on for miles. This one really caught people by surprise.

That is it. No more nice warm sunny days. I'm going to miss it.
Yep, the summer is officially over. Cold, overcast but no wind for the moment.

----------------------------------​

I haven't checked the weather forecast so I don't know it this beautiful sunny but not too warm day is going to repeat itself the next coming days.
22°C today and even warmer in a couple of days.

I'm damn glad that you aren't a meteorologist.

TB
Might as well be. @kikie is just as accurate as they are.
Mine are pretty accurate in my neck of the woods. :P

I've always heard the joke about them making up the weather or never being able to predict it, but I just cant relate.

----------------------------------​

I'm damn glad that you aren't a meteorologist.
Why not?

• Do you hate me? :(
  • Don't you like me? :guilty:

Light overcast, I mean overcast but the sun is still able to shine through. Pretty warm, even for an October morning. No wind and no rain at the moment.
Temperature? I have no idea.

You incorrectly predicted the weather.

It was a joke ;)
No, I was 100% correct. Today's t° was 25°C, just as I said, which I actually didn't specify how warm it was going to be exactly. :D

And telling what the weather is at the moment of writing a post is not a prediction but a fact.

You see, I'm the best weather forecaster on the planet. :P

Back