The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
No, I was 100% correct. Today's t° was 25°C, just as I said, which I actually didn't specify how warm it was going to be exactly. :D

And telling what the weather is at the moment of writing a post is not a prediction but a fact.

You see, I'm the best weather forecaster on the planet. :P
I think the joke went about 35 feet over your head. :P

It's all good, though. You keep posting the weather because it always brightens my day. Pun intended. :)

I think I'm going to be sad. Today, it's going to be the last beautiful autumn-summer day. As of tomorrow the temperatures are going to drop and we can expect rain. :(

It is around 25 - 26°C at the moment.

It has literally been raining all morning here. Standing water everywhere, freeways are flooding in Phoenix. Been super try this year, I think mother nature is trying to make up for it in a very short time span.

:eek:, warm, warm and warm again. Sun, sun and more sun. It is at least 26°C in the shade. I enjoy this kind of weather.

Too bad it is going to be colder and colder and ............................. colder.

It looks like this week will be hovering in the high 40s to low 50s. Going to be the coolest week of the year so far.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it was cooler this year back in January, February, and probably March.

The temperature is finally starting to drop a little for me and it feels great outside. :)

Currently at 67°F.

Enjoying these two days of cooler weather while they last. Looks like it's going to start heating up a bit.

screenshot-www.weatherzone.com.au-2018.10.28-15-59-43.png

Some of the coldest October days in a decade over here in the UK. Already started snowing in places. Hope it's not going to be 'Beast From The East' part 2 this year.

Our first winter weather advisory. Just last week we had temperatures of 50F

Winter Weather Advisory
Areas Affected: Anchorage

NWS Anchorage (Southern Alaska - Anchorage)
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 6 PM AKDT MONDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches in town, with 5 to 8 inches northeast of Anchorage and along the Glenn Highway. Higher elevations may see up to 12 inches.

* WHERE...Anchorage area and the Glenn Highway corridor.

* WHEN...From 4 AM to 6 PM AKDT Monday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions, including during the morning commute on Monday. Expect reduced visibilities at times.

A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. For the latest road conditions call 5 1 1 or visit 511.alaska.gov.

It was 25°C here today... I can't believe it that people say it's great while it should be 10°C. If the weather is going to be like this in winter too, it'll have huge consequences... :nervous:

It was 25°C here today... I can't believe it that people say it's great while it should be 10°C. If the weather is going to be like this in winter too, it'll have huge consequences... :nervous:

A few years ago, we had a very late winter with temps around 70°F until the end of December. It really was nice because January and February wound up being even harsher than normal. Most of the years we have had since have been either normal winters or harsher than average winters.

We're supposed to get our first snowfall of the season tonight. Only 1-2" but it will last until morning, so the drive to work could be fun.

It is still pretty warm for this time of year. Around 14°C in November. I wonder if we are going to get snow this winter.

We got about an inch of snow yesterday and today. Put that together with 20+ mph winds and you have a near blizzard. Can't say it'll be a good weekend for the state deer hunting opener since highs are supposed to be around 20°F.

Then again it is NoDak.

Forecast for this evening is 5-8 inches of snow, first snow of the season here and I’m not looking forward to any of it. :grumpy:

Snowing most of the day here. Ground is still warm, so it only sticks to grass and cars. Roads are only wet, but it really slowed the commute home.

This weekend has been rather nice, in the high 40's/low 50's.

Today is much colder, in the 30's. Supposed to rain starting late morning and turn to snow later today. Projected totals increase every time I look, calling for 6-10" total by tomorrow morning.

Latest Posts

Back