The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
Well once again.
-27F.
For the 4th day in a row.
Schools are closed.
Even Universities.

-17°F (-27°C) here with -35°F (-37°C) wind chill. Now the major electric utilities in Michigan are asking people to turn down thermostats after a fire a major natural gas station.

Offering some sympathy for my fellow members freezing out there in the Midwest. It’s a comparatively tropical 9 degrees Fahrenheit here in Connecticut, I couldn’t imagine it being 20 or 30 degrees colder.

The weather report for where I live said it would snow from ~9pm - 5am overnight and to be very careful while travelling. We got absolutely nothing, then a brief dusting this morning that immediately melted. It didn't stop someone from flipping their car onto its roof in a ditch nearby overnight though.

EDIT: This sums it up nicely (although I'm not in London) -

Last edited:
It reached 40°F here today. Snow is melting fast, feels pretty nice. Going to get a little warmer the next couple days.

I really wish I would have put more effort into fitting inside @TB's carry-on. :indiff: :yuck:

A drive home that would have normally taken 30 minutes took 2 hours because of snow.

I really wish I would have put more effort into fitting inside @TB's carry-on. :indiff: :yuck:

A drive home that would have normally taken 30 minutes took 2 hours because of snow.
20190205_140140.jpg

Sunny and 75.

Sorry.

Kinda.

It's somewhat cold in Ph capital today lol. Maybe around 25 degrees but that can drop to around 20 degrees or below during the night and by that time, I can feel some coldness in my room.

Got a text that school and work are both closed tomorrow. Looked outside and for a split second thought "why?"

I'm not a smart man. :boggled:

TB
Got a text that school and work are both closed tomorrow. Looked outside and for a split second thought "why?"

Smarter than I am, that is for sure.

I read your sentence many, many time and after a few minutes, I finally got it. Try to make sense of your sentence when you constantly read: Locked outside and for a split second thought "why"?

BTW the weather is fine. Dry, some sun, no icy t°, South West wind and so on...

You managed to be in a tropical location when back to back snow storms hit back at home base, so if you're not smart you're at least lucky! :lol:
No dig on TB, but it's the latter...

I grab my coat - hopefully before he sees me :scared:

You managed to be in a tropical location when back to back snow storms hit back at home base, so if you're not smart you're at least lucky! :lol:
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you lucky.

That how the saying goes, right?

Too late. :mischievous:

TB

:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:
Now I get it. You are on vacation were it's warm and snow free and looking outside, well ........
:boggled:

:P

Hide in the snow. @TB won't look for you there.

Last edited:
Back