The WWE games thread.

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 319 comments
2K17 has been announced recently and
y'all get Goldberg as a preorder bonus.

Not much else of note, though I fully expect Bayley and her WACKY WAVY ARM INFLATABLE FLAILING TUBE MEN to be among the first announced stars. As a sidenote, I'd like the PC version to be released a bit earlier relative to last years.

2K17 has been announced recently and
y'all get Goldberg as a preorder bonus.

Not much else of note, though I fully expect Bayley and her WACKY WAVY ARM INFLATABLE FLAILING TUBE MEN to be among the first announced stars. As a sidenote, I'd like the PC version to be released a bit earlier relative to last years.

Any wisdom Re: 2K16 not letting me out of the tutorial 'singles match' thing? I really don't want to have paid for this game, only to be limited to that one match type with six wrestlers.

Is it a known issue at all?

Any wisdom Re: 2K16 not letting me out of the tutorial 'singles match' thing? I really don't want to have paid for this game, only to be limited to that one match type with six wrestlers.

"What system?", I asked, curious as to where the issue in question originated on.

What platform did you get the game? If it is on PC, then you should only get it on Steam.

Sorry for double post, but I've also realised that I've heard a grand total of one line from the commentary team over six matches.

It just seems fundamentally broken?

I wish I can help but I have the PS3 Version of 2K16 and that doesn't make you go through a tutorial :(.

The full game hasn't finished downloading yet. Most PS4 games have a demo that you can play while the full game itself is downloading.

Well, it's been a while, but I finally got WWE 2K14 for the PS3! My first copy kept freezing at the entrances, but I exchanged it for another and now it works fine! I have toyed around some with the custom entrance music and I have to say I am quite amused. :P

Apart from all that, haven't done much. I don't actually plan on "playing" it much anytime soon since I lately have finally been playing some old PS1 games I ain't touched in years. Too bad the servers are down, I was really looking forward to adding some custom logos via save game hacking.

For those that don't already know, WWE 2K16 is free on XBL Gold from the 16th.

I also tried playing my brother's WWE 2K15 on XB1 and it was literally unplayable. Like 5 FPS all the time (including menu's) and the game completely freezing once starting a match.

For those that don't already know, WWE 2K16 is free on XBL Gold from the 16th.

I also tried playing my brother's WWE 2K15 on XB1 and it was literally unplayable. Like 5 FPS all the time (including menu's) and the game completely freezing once starting a match.
Too bad I got the PS3 Version.

I actually think it is a mistake to get the PS3 Version. While I do think the older gameplay is better than the newer "realistic" gameplay of the older games, they took out so many things I liked about 2K14s Universe mode, it isn't crazy or out of this world storytelling you can make up from custsences.

So I've been thinking about how the brand split will be implemented into 2K17, and ultimately, I sort of feel like it won't be, as 'Mania seems to be the cut-off for the game as a rule.

One thing I hope for is a return of sorts for the GM Mode, but I had a thought while writing an article about 2K17... COO Mode?

Full article here, but here's the bit with my idea...

"With the brand split bringing back the concept of General Managers in WWE, now would seem like the perfect time for the return of the beloved General Manager mode, where you can build a roster, run a show and compete with the rival brand in order to earn favour with one Vincent K. McMahon.

However, with today’s GM’s being overseen by COO’s, would it not be interesting to see the game put you in the shoes currently filled by the McMahon spawn? If implemented correctly, it would add some incredibly interesting new dimensions to the gameplay experience.

For example, you could have a pool of potential GM’s to choose from such as Foley, Bryan, Steve Austin, Edge, Lita, Vickie Guerrero and more. Each character would have drawbacks and advantages such as popularity with the fans, and the amount of fight they’ll give you when you overrule their ideas (the default storylines and matches for each show).

When draft time comes they are allowed to make half the picks for themselves. This would be another variable for you to consider when picking your GM – Fan favourites such as Foley and Bryan would be more inclined to pick Faces, while someone like Vickie Guerrero would likely pick heels first and foremost. This would also add a layer of complexity to your picks, as you’d have to select superstars that balance out the roster once you take the GM’s picks into consideration."

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The game probably finished most of it's development long before the brand split started. Universe mode will still very much be capable though.

Bringing back a nearly year old thread :lol:

I started up wwe 2k16 last night, I was rather disappointed with the gameplay aspect so probably only racked up around 10-20 hours of gameplay on it.

I was shocked to find the servers got shut off in May only around 18 months after release of the game. Also I found out that on that date they were still charging £30 for it at some places.

Speaking of WWE 2K games, only 2K14 and 2K16 is where I enjoyed the most. Both games have a good amount of wrestlers featured.

And about 2K18, the Cena Nuff Collectors Edition has been released.
WWE2K18-CE-Items-1200x675.png

I see RVD, Batista, '06-07 Cena, Attitude Era Angle, and Ruthless Aggression/Wrestling Machine Angle.

The in game content, wrestlers, matches etc is rather good but still I didn't enjoy the game play which was rather a let down.

Freed enough space in my Vita to download SvR 2011. I'm working through the Road to Wrestlemania and finished both endings for Rey Mysterio. Couldn't unlock Swagger's Todo Americano uniform due to frustration. Just have Jericho left and then I'll move onto the WWE Universe mode!

Finally finished with all Road to WrestleMania's and all unlocks! I had to change Evan Bourne's finisher so it'll be quicker to do on Todo Americano.

While on the fence on whether I want to get 2k19, I've been doing a lot of SvR 2011 Universe Mode and making the current roster with CAWS. So far, I have Seth Rollins, Shinuske Nakamura, Baron Corbin (not Constable) and just finished Daniel Bryan last night. These take a while since I got the movesets and entrances to do. I'll probably get Roman Reigns done tonight.

Back