The WWE games thread.

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 319 comments
So After a year of deadness of the thread and what is been a disappointing 2K15. I don't think I'll never leave 2K14 until they get their act together.

Not just the lack of customizing thats the problem its some of the gameplay. Even though you can turn it off. Chain Wrestling feels stupid and turns it into a luckfest brawl. Another issue is that submission is now a one button mash. I really find this weird from the Breaking Point system and quite frankly I find horrible that Submissions now only come down to pressing a button which doesn't really allow good players to do submission which the Breaking Point system did well by allow anyone to do Submissions nicely.

I don't have a PS4/Xbox One so when the reviews for 2k15 came out at 5/10 for the last generations version I was very disappointed. I was going to get it for Christmas from my partner but decided against it due to the reviews.

Even then though, I've heard very mixed reactions to the current generation versions.

They were apparently worse. I don't have next-gen but I did play it at a friends who has it and the gameplay was unsatisfying.

From what I saw on MyCareer, you might as well put your own superstars in 2K14 Universe mode and put yourself in rivalries. Speaking of Universe, do you have Mantis in 2K14? I'd want to put him in my Universe on Raw.

I don't actually have 2k14. I did borrow it last summer for a week or so but didn't get to play much due to work.

Ok then.

I decided to bring in ECW to the mix in my universe and Cesaro is finally getting his push and became ECW Champon.

I do hope 2K16 fixes WWE 2K15s issues.

Can we please keep in mind that there were two separate teams that was working on the game? Yuke's was developing the last gen version while a combined team from Yuke's and Visual Concepts worked on the current gen version. Also, the current gen version is also gen 4 of WWE games, in other words, they built a new engine. Obviously the bells and whistles that we grew used to in the last four or so years would not make it all in if the game had any hope in **** of releasing on time. It was a miracle that it even released with one delay.

They were both joint in development on 2K14 though.

I guess I can forgive the lack of features of next gen but I don't really like how the gameplay is directing. Also, I don't think it is an excuse to downgrade Last Gen 2K15 completely when they could have just copy pasted. I wouldn't mind a lack of new elements in these modes but the fact they were dropped instead of copy pasted is kinda baffling and like we saw from the transfer of SvR to WWE series (or even PS2 to PS3). Copy and Pasting has been done before on new engine games.

Curious, but does anyone here still play WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010?

I just recently got back to playing it on my Wii again and I still love it! :)

I have it on my PS2 but no. I have still been playin 2K14 because of Universe mode :P.

P.S I started making Google Presentations for my Universe PPVs so I can look back at what has happened.

I have been playing Smackdown vs Raw 2010 very frequently on my Wii lately and I am enjoying it now just as much as I did back in the days. :D I really love the created superstar Road to Wrestlemania and how you can choose there voices, truly an awesome feature. 👍

One of my favorite touches in the game is when you get to adjust the microphone pitch and doodle on the screen while Mr. Mcmahon gives his speech, his reaction is hilarious. :lol:

EDIT: I don't think I have laughed that hard at something from a video game in years.

Last edited:
Alright, sorry for the double post, but I have questions I have been meaning to ask lately.

Well for starters, despite what my username may suggest, I grew up playing Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 and 2010 on the Wii back in the days and I still tend to play 2010 often, especially now. I thoroughly enjoyed both games over the years especially being able to create my own superstar/diva. I don't plan on getting 2K15 after what I have read in this thread and everywhere else on the internet, but I have been thinking about stepping up my game and getting WWE 2K14 for the PS3 the past few days.

However I have a few questions about the game I want to ask before buying it:

On "Create a Superstar/Diva", are the customization options and content (such as the hair styles, tattoos, apparel and such) from 2010 carried over to 2K14?

I heard the PS3 version of 2010 and 2K14 has this "point system" on adding clothing (possibly more?) while the Wii version of 2010 I have been playing for years doesn't. What exactly is this point system and how does it work?

How are the controls when playing a match?

And lastly, is the game itself a good choice or am better off getting another WWE game?

Alright, sorry for the double post, but I have questions I have been meaning to ask lately.

Well for starters, despite what my username may suggest, I grew up playing Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 and 2010 on the Wii back in the days and I still tend to play 2010 often, especially now. I thoroughly enjoyed both games over the years especially being able to create my own superstar/diva. I don't plan on getting 2K15 after what I have read in this thread and everywhere else on the internet, but I have been thinking about stepping up my game and getting WWE 2K14 for the PS3 the past few days.

However I have a few questions about the game I want to ask before buying it:

On "Create a Superstar/Diva", are the customization options and content (such as the hair styles, tattoos, apparel and such) from 2010 carried over to 2K14?

I heard the PS3 version of 2010 and 2K14 has this "point system" on adding clothing (possibly more?) while the Wii version of 2010 I have been playing for years doesn't. What exactly is this point system and how does it work?

How are the controls when playing a match?

And lastly, is the game itself a good choice or am better off getting another WWE game?

I'll take them in order:

1. If you are talking about transferring content from one game to the other, then the short answer is no. The games never had a history of allowing you to transfer CAWs from one game to the next, up to and including this year's game.

2. The points system is, when layered with the layers in a CAW, is the total amount of content allowed in a CAW. The PS3 versions allow for a CAW to have an Entrance, Cutscene, and In-Ring attires.

3. I can't speak for the online (since I rarely ventured there), but speaking in similarities between 2k13 and 2010 (since games since 2k12 to the last gen ports of 2k15 amount to the same game), the controls are a bit tighter compared to the 2007-2011 generation of games with minimum HUD interference.

4. To be honest, any game since 2k13 is a strong safe bet. The only reason why 2k15 has gotten a lot of flack is that the current gen(PS4/XBO) versions were not up to snuff. I think that the PS3/360 versions of the game is pretty good from what I have seen.

1. If you are talking about transferring content from one game to the other, then the short answer is no. The games never had a history of allowing you to transfer CAWs from one game to the next, up to and including this year's game.
Well my question is mainly about if the options when creating a new superstar are the same with more added to it. For example, would I be able to visually recreate some of my old CAW's exactly the way I did in 2010?

I can make an example if I need to show you what I mean in case you're confused.

2. The points system is, when layered with the layers in a CAW, is the total amount of content allowed in a CAW. The PS3 versions allow for a CAW to have an Entrance, Cutscene, and In-Ring attires.
That's what I thought. I find it strange that the Wii version of 2010 doesn't have it. I guess its just there to let you know how far you are from the limit.

3. I can't speak for the online (since I rarely ventured there), but speaking in similarities between 2k13 and 2010 (since games since 2k12 to the last gen ports of 2k15 amount to the same game), the controls are a bit tighter compared to the 2007-2011 generation of games with minimum HUD interference.
Good or bad?

I know for a fact it will take some getting used to since I have played WWE games on the Wii for years.

4. To be honest, any game since 2k13 is a strong safe bet. The only reason why 2k15 has gotten a lot of flack is that the current gen(PS4/XBO) versions were not up to snuff. I think that the PS3/360 versions of the game is pretty good from what I have seen.
So far I think 2K14 may be the best from what I have seen, I am mainly in it for the CAW mode.

Well my question is mainly about if the options when creating a new superstar are the same with more added to it. For example, would I be able to visually recreate some of my old CAW's exactly the way I did in 2010?

I can make an example if I need to show you what I mean in case you're confused.

There are some parts that have been removed, but to be honest, I haven't been paying attention as to the CAW pieces themselves and how they have changed from year to year.

Good or bad?

I know for a fact it will take some getting used to since I have played WWE games on the Wii for years.

The changes are definitely for the better.

There are some parts that have been removed, but to be honest, I haven't been paying attention as to the CAW pieces themselves and how they have changed from year to year.
Can you possibly name which parts have been removed? (From what you know)

Not focusing on entrances, created finishers or move sets, just creating the CAW itself. Sorry for not specifying.

Nevermind.
The changes are definitely for the better.
Well that's good. So far I am convinced. 👍

Last edited:
To be honest, Universe mode is the only thing that keeps me playing these games. I always go on to see what'll happen and is much more entertaining than the actual WWE at times.

I even started recording the events of PPVs.

Well disregard my last post, I found some videos showcasing the "Create a Superstar" features and noticed that there was some clothing missing from 2010, but it wasn't much at all and it was stuff I didn't really care for anyway. Pretty much, i'm sold! :D I will definitely be getting WWE 2K14 for sure! :)👍

It may be a month or two before I get it though because I still am not done with everything I want to do in 2010 and I have a backlog of games I have been meaning to play for years that I am finally close to getting to now. I do not plan on getting any new games until that is settled.

Well disregard my last post, I found some videos showcasing the "Create a Superstar" features and noticed that there was some clothing missing from 2010, but it wasn't much at all and it was stuff I didn't really care for anyway. Pretty much, i'm sold! :D I will definitely be getting WWE 2K14 for sure! :)👍

It may be a month or two before I get it though because I still am not done with everything I want to do in 2010 and I have a backlog of games I have been meaning to play for years that I am finally close to getting to now. I do not plan on getting any new games until that is settled.
If I can, I would love to add your superstars into my Universe mode when you get it :P?

If I can, I would love to add your superstars into my Universe mode when you get it :P?
Sure! :) I wouldn't mind seeing yours as well (and kicking there tails too :lol:). :D I look forward to seeing other peoples superstars online and what they have done as well. I loved it in 2009 and I have a feeling I will in 2K14 as well. :dopey:

I will be recreating some of my superstars from 2009 and 2010 in 2K14 and my brother may do the same as well. Me and my brother have designed a lot awesome and unusual players in the past. One of them is no doubt the weirdest you will ever see in WWE! :P

I currently only have 7 though they are mostly basic in appearance and only 1 I actually use outside of Universe, what they do in my Universe is interesting, especially when personalities are put in :P.

Mine are crazy and more "out of the ordinary" than most, needless to say they stand out. ;) My brother's players are more normal, cool and done pretty well. 👍 Me and my cousin designed one once to be the craziest, weirdest and most ridiculous superstar ever and we suceeded! :lol: I have a lot more I will do when I get the game.

May try to get some photos on here of what I have done in 2010.
what they do in my Universe is interesting, especially when personalities are put in :P.
Great, now you got me even more excited. :lol:

Mine are crazy and more "out of the ordinary" than most, needless to say they stand out. ;) My brother's players are more normal, cool and done pretty well. 👍 Me and my cousin designed one once to be the craziest, weirdest and most ridiculous superstar ever and we suceeded! :lol: I have a lot more I will do when I get the game.

May try to get some photos on here of what I have done in 2010.
Great, now you got me even more excited. :lol:
Would like to see them. I would show you mine but my camera is terrible but you should be able to see once you get the game 👍.

Would like to see them. I would show you mine but my camera is terrible but you should be able to see once you get the game 👍.
I may create an entire thread dedicated to just WWE CAW's alone so everyone can post there's. (If there isn't one already)

Well it's late where I live right now and I may need to get off soon, but I will probably create a thread dedicated to posting everyone's CAW's tomorrow just so it doesn't clog up this one with pictures.

I have so much grest memories of WWE '12.

My Universe there was interesting with RAW focusing on Triple H and Heel Cena with his Heel Stable, Cenation and Smackdown had its attention drew to Alex Riley as he rose to be World Champion.

Smackdown 2 season mode throws up some interesting matches.

B_cqg2qW8AEuKm3.png

Been messing around with some hacks for Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 on my Wii and there is one code called "Bypass gender check" and it lets you have divas in literally any match you want. You can even use them in Road to Wrestlemania and the funny part is, they have man voices! :lol: Its hilarious!

You can put Divas in any match on WWE 2K14.

I had a Diva Elimination Chamber match on my Universe to celebrate the discovery :P.

Latest Posts

Back