TheCardboardBox | 峠Touge | 湾岸Wangan | GT6 Tuning - VGT's and more!

The premium A110 '72 has very good grip and handling even with a basic suspension tune on CS tires.

Unfortunately the PP system punishes it severely due to its weight. In a HP limited environment the car could be decently competitive I think but it doesn't have enough power to compete in PP races speed wise and you can't get enough edge in handling to make up the difference.

Fun car but you need the right sort of competition set up to make it effective.

The premium A110 '72 has very good grip and handling even with a basic suspension tune on CS tires.

Unfortunately the PP system punishes it severely due to its weight. In a HP limited environment the car could be decently competitive I think but it doesn't have enough power to compete in PP races speed wise and you can't get enough edge in handling to make up the difference.

Fun car but you need the right sort of competition set up to make it effective.

I just went and got me one, went a few laps around Monaco in it. It's a great little car. It would be competitive against cars around the same age who also have skinny little tires. It would probably out-corner a Ferrari Dino.

Hello guys.

I've taken an interest in your project missile.

The mrs is out tonight, so I get some hardcore GT time.

I'm limited to offline, so spend most of my time hotlapping and tweaking settings.

One of my current projects is a maxed S13. It's great fun, but got a serious power oversteer issue. I'm interested in running my settings with your PP setup (power/weight), and also trying out the current setup.

Will let you know how I get on, and if I have any input.

I'm on a DFGT and run no aids and normally abs 0 if I feel the car is comfortable with it.

Love the idea of a community tuned car, it should help a lot with the driveabilty aspect of some, less forgiving cars.

The S13 is a great choice. Everyone expects to see them Drifting... Not overtaking them with a nice steady rear slip angle and powering off into the next corner.

:gtpflag:

Ok so I've had a little play and come out with this.

Ride height 90-100
Spring rate 6.00-7.50
Comp 4-5
Ext 6-4
ARB 5-5
Camber 0.0-0.0
Toe -0.20 - +0.05

Brakes 5-10

LSD 5 - 15-5

This gave me a good turn in, without being too oversteery.

I tuned at Eiger short track, got 1:15.xxx with your setup on page 1, dropped to 1.13.xxx with my setup.

I found this stable and forgiving driven smoothly, but if you start getting more aggressive with inputs you can slide into corners with slight countersteer and power through with a predictable rear. UP the lsd accell if you want the rear to break traction easier but I found this setting a nice compromise between high speed handling and ability to get out of slower corners without sliding too much.

I'll have another play later tonight and probably revise a couple of bits (not happy with the rear damping, and need to settle on harder or softer ARBs. )

Lemme know what you think.

Last edited:
View attachment 94668
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90

450PP
246hp/223.8lb-ft 999kg

GT Auto
Oil Change
Remove Wing (optional)

Parts List:
Weight Reduction -2
Carbon Hood
Engine +1
ECU Tuning
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
5-Speed Cross-Ratio Transmission
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension:
Height: 90/100
Spring Rate: 8.0/7.5
Damper Compression: 4/3
Damper Extension: 5/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 1.0/0.5
Tow: 0.00/0.20

L.S.D.:
5-20-10

Notes:

226.3 Miles: Introducing Project "Missile". An old beater S13, stripped of most of its weight and with a considerable upgrade in power, built for LotS Class B touge racing. These are the power/weight specs this car is to have, these will not change. But what I do ask input in is everything else. This is your car, people, this is your chance to have your voice heard. Your input will make or break this car.

Currently, it is running a Racnig: Soft suspension and a custom LSD. Acceleration is quick, thanks to the 5-speed cross-mission. Light weight allows it to brake later than most cars and turbo power ensures it has plenty of oomph on exit. The biggest issues currently plaguing this car are, as expected, understeer. It's considerably front-heavy but being so light, it can be forgiving.

If you want to be a part of this project, feel free to buy yourself a Premium S13 and install the parts described abovew and share your feedback and input on this thread.

348.8 Miles: @LightningKing contributed to Project "Missile" by way of a complete setup which can be found here. My comments on it can be found here.

I decided to take the ride height, rear spring rate, Anto-Roll Bars and front damper rates and apply it to my current setup. I decided to keep the 5-Speed tranny over the 6-speed because of the greater level of control afforded by being in the power/torque band longer.

The settings above have been updated to reflect the changes.
Hi! The Window Weight Reduction is missing to reach 999 kg and I reach 451 PP in this configuration. Cheers.

Hello guys.

I've taken an interest in your project missile.

The mrs is out tonight, so I get some hardcore GT time.

I'm limited to offline, so spend most of my time hotlapping and tweaking settings.

One of my current projects is a maxed S13. It's great fun, but got a serious power oversteer issue. I'm interested in running my settings with your PP setup (power/weight), and also trying out the current setup.

Will let you know how I get on, and if I have any input.

I'm on a DFGT and run no aids and normally abs 0 if I feel the car is comfortable with it.

Love the idea of a community tuned car, it should help a lot with the driveabilty aspect of some, less forgiving cars.

The S13 is a great choice. Everyone expects to see them Drifting... Not overtaking them with a nice steady rear slip angle and powering off into the next corner.

:gtpflag:

Ok so I've had a little play and come out with this.

Ride height 90-100
Spring rate 6.00-7.50
Comp 4-5
Ext 6-4
ARB 5-5
Camber 0.0-0.0
Toe -0.20 - +0.05

Brakes 5-10

LSD 5 - 15-5

This gave me a good turn in, without being too oversteery.

I tuned at Eiger short track, got 1:15.xxx with your setup on page 1, dropped to 1.13.xxx with my setup.

I found this stable and forgiving driven smoothly, but if you start getting more aggressive with inputs you can slide into corners with slight countersteer and power through with a predictable rear. UP the lsd accell if you want the rear to break traction easier but I found this setting a nice compromise between high speed handling and ability to get out of slower corners without sliding too much.

I'll have another play later tonight and probably revise a couple of bits (not happy with the rear damping, and need to settle on harder or softer ARBs. )

Lemme know what you think.

I gave your setup a run at Nurburgring and instantly I could feel that this was going to work.
I found the damper extension to be too harsh for that track so I toned it down one notch both front and rear and the car was docile and well-behaved now.

With the toe settings you have, I felt the car wanted to get away from me in the high speed sections, especially the rear.. and the front wouldn't keep up with my corrections to avoid losing too much speed correcting little mistakes.

I see what you mean about the ARB's... I have them at 5/5 still, after trying 4/4, 3/3, 5/3 and 4/5/ Not sure which feels better yet.

The L.S.D. is the best part though, it works brilliantly. I did raise both the accel and decel a little bit and it made for glorious results. I'm not sure if the LSD i set would be final, I'd have to test it out at other places like Pnorama and Matterhorn to see if it's still as good.

Thank you for your input so much, that differential made all the difference.

Thanks for trying it out. I'm still working on my S13 as I'm never completely happy with it.

I only tested it on Eiger short normal/reverse, that would explain why I hadn't spotted the high speed handling. Only thing I didn't like is in the slow hairpins you can hear the tyres bouncing. Tried various things to remedy but never completely got rid of it and just added understeer.

Glad you liked the tune, it's the first I've ever shared.

^Dan, 1009kg.

Which is…11kg more than I get with my 180SX at the same PP despite them being pretty much the same car? :confused: Anyway, I believe we have a somewhat mutual goal here, that is, come up with a decent tune for the problem child that is the S13 chassis. Good luck with this, genuinely looking forward to see some positive results. If you wish, perhaps try my settings for the 180SX and see how it works for the S13?

Thanks for trying it out. I'm still working on my S13 as I'm never completely happy with it.

I only tested it on Eiger short normal/reverse, that would explain why I hadn't spotted the high speed handling. Only thing I didn't like is in the slow hairpins you can hear the tyres bouncing. Tried various things to remedy but never completely got rid of it and just added understeer.

Glad you liked the tune, it's the first I've ever shared.

the tires were bouncing because of the high damper extension pressure. the war wouldn't settle in at low speeds. I noticed that on the Nurburgring, it would jerk in every which way through the bumps, It was a workout just to keep it on the track in the high speed section past Flugplatz... i instantly lowered the extension and remedied that bit.

Thanks for contributing to the project.

This is exactly what I wanted to achieve by having this feature. Letting everyone have a chance at helping tune a car together. And even if you think you don't know what you're doing, you'll always get constructive feedback to help you better yourself and learn more.

I'm glad you took part.

^Dan, 1009kg.

Which is…11kg more than I get with my 180SX at the same PP despite them being pretty much the same car? :confused: Anyway, I believe we have a somewhat mutual goal here, that is, come up with a decent tune for the problem child that is the S13 chassis. Good luck with this, genuinely looking forward to see some positive results. If you wish, perhaps try my settings for the 180SX and see how it works for the S13?

That would work, I just got on the game so I could throw a setup there in sheet B again.

My guess is the hatch being heavier because of the glass? weird. But go ahead and share your setup.

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 15
Braking: 7

Suspension
Ride height: 85/85
Spring rate: 5.20/5.80
Dampers (Compression): 4/4
Dampers (Extension): 6/7
Anti-roll bars: 5/5
camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.15/0.00
Brake balance: 5/5

It was intended for a 180SX with a slightly different parts list and a racing gearbox (if that means anything at all), so there might be slight differences. But I use a pretty similar setup on the '88 S13 (3.78 weight/power ratio at 450PP I think, which is pretty nuts) and it's…acceptable. So yea, see how it works for you.

LSD

Suspension

It was intended for a 180SX with a slightly different parts list and a racing gearbox (if that means anything at all), so there might be slight differences. But I use a pretty similar setup on the '88 S13 (3.78 weight/power ratio at 450PP I think, which is pretty nuts) and it's…acceptable. So yea, see how it works for you.

I just put it on the car, am about to go for a few runs online with it now. I'll let you know what I think

LSD

Suspension

This is a very solid setup, I can tell you put some time into it. It's a complete setup, it feels so smooth, so stable. I can see it being an optimal track setup. It works well on the touge, but it leaves me wanting more.

Initially, I was adamant about lowering it so much because it already under steered badly, i thought it would be worse. But it actually handles smoother and is more responsive. But my main qualm is that I cant get it to slide easily. I get stuck behind traffic because it is TOO stable and unwilling to let loose without losing so much speed.

On my car, I took your ride height, dampers and toe... but increased the rear toe to 0.05 and rear toe to -0.12. It's more controllable and easier to maneuver but it felt too stiff at times so I took your spring rates and it was a bit too soft. I found some even ground with slightly stiffer springs than yours.

The LSD is the most important part to its handling qualities. I like it but it doesn't allow me to put the power down on inclined corners without going ass-backwards. So i toned the initial torque down a bit.

I actually had a suspension setup similar to the above after I posted the one I did.

I'm glad this is still coming along. Will try the latest setup.

Edit; out of interest.. What's the reasoning behind the camber? Ideally I'd agree, but with the current camber questioning I'd be inclined to run 0.0. I'll try both tomorrow.

I actually had a suspension setup similar to the above after I posted the one I did.

I'm glad this is still coming along. Will try the latest setup.

Edit; out of interest.. What's the reasoning behind the camber? Ideally I'd agree, but with the current camber questioning I'd be inclined to run 0.0. I'll try both tomorrow.

The camber aids in cornering under heavy G loads. On the touge (mountain pass) there tends to be varying altidudes. So you're going uphill, downhill, back and forth, etc.

Us touge drivers tend to go all out into downhill sections and letting the car's weight aid in cornering because we can't always be on the gas when speeding down a mountain pass. Also, since we do mostly Cat & Mouse battles, there's always another driver either right in front or right behind you.

A decent amount of camber could help you slow down just by steering into a corner without having to apply brakes and slowing down too much. Think of Mount Panorama's twisty downhill section.

The camber aids in cornering under heavy G loads. On the touge (mountain pass) there tends to be varying altidudes. So you're going uphill, downhill, back and forth, etc.

Us touge drivers tend to go all out into downhill sections and letting the car's weight aid in cornering because we can't always be on the gas when speeding down a mountain pass. Also, since we do mostly Cat & Mouse battles, there's always another driver either right in front or right behind you.

A decent amount of camber could help you slow down just by steering into a corner without having to apply brakes and slowing down too much. Think of Mount Panorama's twisty downhill section.
Yes I completely agree.

Have you not experienced lower grip levels with increased camber? (I'm specifically referring to gt6)

There is a general consensus on the camber theory thread that all is not as it should be.

I have experienced the lower grip levels with camber, and have therefore left all camber settings at 0.

This is why I asked. I do understand the idea of running camber, as I said, ideally I would be using it aswell.

This is a very solid setup, I can tell you put some time into it. It's a complete setup, it feels so smooth, so stable. I can see it being an optimal track setup. It works well on the touge, but it leaves me wanting more.

Initially, I was adamant about lowering it so much because it already under steered badly, i thought it would be worse. But it actually handles smoother and is more responsive. But my main qualm is that I cant get it to slide easily. I get stuck behind traffic because it is TOO stable and unwilling to let loose without losing so much speed.

On my car, I took your ride height, dampers and toe... but increased the rear toe to 0.05 and rear toe to -0.12. It's more controllable and easier to maneuver but it felt too stiff at times so I took your spring rates and it was a bit too soft. I found some even ground with slightly stiffer springs than yours.

The LSD is the most important part to its handling qualities. I like it but it doesn't allow me to put the power down on inclined corners without going ass-backwards. So i toned the initial torque down a bit.

I'm glad over 2 months or so's effort paid off. And for Touge, because we don't have track maker, where do you hold the races? The 'Ring? If it's there, then yes, this setup is a bit lacking in some areas. I'll give your changes a go on both the 180SX and the '88 S13, if it works on the latter then it might be a proper sleeper. On paper at least.

I'm glad over 2 months or so's effort paid off. And for Touge, because we don't have track maker, where do you hold the races? The 'Ring? If it's there, then yes, this setup is a bit lacking in some areas. I'll give your changes a go on both the 180SX and the '88 S13, if it works on the latter then it might be a proper sleeper. On paper at least.

the 'ring, Matterhorn: Rotenboden, Mt. Panorama, Deep Forest, Trial Mt.

We've been running and testing on these courses. I've been trying to balance setups so they're exceptional on all courses and not particularly good at one track.

until we get track editor, that's all we have

Last edited:
Snake Update II:

So I finally got my Fanatec GT3RS V2 yesterday and gave it a good breaking in. I know I already seldom post setups until I'm 100% satisfied with them, and that's not changing.

That being said, I won't be posting for a little while until I totally get this clutching action down pact.

Also, Project "Missile" is nearing its completion, thanks to all of those that helped and contributed to the effort. The fruits of your labor will soon be presented. Once the S13 is published, I will be open to suggestion for a new community project car (though I have some in mind myself already).

Here's a pic of my old wheel beside my new one.

WP_20140201_010.jpg

S.C.U.D..jpg

Sports Car Under Development

Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13)

GT Auto:
  • Oil Change, Chassis Restore. Engine Rebuild,
  • Remove Wing (optional)
  • Wheels: Motegi Racing Touge +1"

Tale of the Tape:
421PP
200hp/6700rpm | 185ft-lb/4300rpm
1000kg
Type: Touge
Mileage: 1,900

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction -2
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable LSD
Twin-Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Brakes

Tires:
Comfort: Hard - Sports Hard

Power Limiter:
100%

LSD:
8-18-8

Suspension:
Height: 90/108
Spring Rate: 8.0/5.0
Damper Compression: 5/4
Damper Extension: 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 2.0/0.8
Tow: -0.20/0.20

Transmission:
STOCK

Downforce
N/A

Brakes:
5 - 4

Ballast:
1kg

5.00kg/HP

Mile 882.3:
After testing and comparing this car with many other S13's online and incessant tweaking of the settings, thanks mostly to the help of the community who contributed to this project, I'm finally proud to announce that the first community worked project from TheCardboardBox Tuning is completed.

I present to you, the Sports Car U Drift... or SCUD for short.

I'd like to thank @LightningKing , @FussyFez , and @Onboy123 for their contributions to this project.

Click HERE for Project "Missile" and all the changes, as well as links to the contributors' setups and my comments on them.

Mile 1,900:
The car has been completely set up from the bottom up, using feedback from the community and other Touge drivers running similar setups on their S-Chassis cars. It has also been set up to compete in LotS's Light Class

Last edited:
Ronda-1.jpg
Burakku Toppu
Based on:
Toyota Sprinter Trueno BZ-R '98

Tale of the Tape:
  • 420PP
  • 210pp/8900rpm | 107ft-lb/6400rpm
  • 970KG
  • Model: Standard
  • Type: Touge/Track
  • Mileage: 141.1
  • GT Auto: Rim Size +2

PARTS
Tuning Shop
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Six Speed Transmission
Fully Customisable L.S.D
Triple Plate Clutch
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Sports Hard Tyres

SETUP
Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 - 0

Ballast
Amount:--9KG
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 99.2%

Transmission
Transmission

(6 Speed Close ratio.)

Drivetrain
Limited Slip Differential
9 – 0
14 – 0
10 - 0

Suspension
Ride Height: 85mm/90mm
Spring Rate: 7.97/4.00
Compression: 3/5
Extension: 6/7
Anti-Roll:-- 4/4
Camber:----- 1.4/1.2
Toe:-------- -0.13/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/5

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The AE111 is a great handling car and balance has been improved on this 420PP touge spec version.
Note: Re-tuned to meet C Class regulations and improved handling...

Last edited:
View attachment 112390 Burakku Toppu
Based on:
Toyota Sprinter Trueno BZ-R '98

Tale of the Tape:
  • 420PP
  • 223hp/8500rpm | 149ft-lb/6400rpm
  • 1080KG
  • Model: Standard
  • Type: Touge/Track
  • Mileage: 141.1
  • GT Auto: Rim Size +2

PARTS
Tuning Shop
Racing Brakes
Six Speed Transmission
Fully Customizable L.S.D
Triple Plate Clutch
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Exhaust
Intake Manifold
Sports Hard Tyres

SETUP
Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 - 0

Ballast
Amount:-- 38
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 97.6%

Transmission
Transmission

(6 Speed Close ratio.)

Drivetrain
Limited Slip Differential
12 – 0
14 – 0
10 - 0

Suspension
Ride Height: 85mm/90mm
Spring Rate: 7.97/5.98 (TRD)
Compression: 5/6
Extension: 6/7
Anti-Roll:-- 4/4
Camber:----- 1.0/0.9
Toe:-------- -0.08/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/5

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The AE111 is a great handling car and balance has been improved on this 420PP touge spec version.
Note: This is my first tune produced on a wheel...
Maybe no ballast?

Back