Things in GT6 you want "fixed". (Please read bold first)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by FRoSTeD, Dec 7, 2013.

1. bluecharger

bluecharger

That's something like reason #14 why I don't like online racing in this game. My GOD that's annoying and intrusive.

2. drivatar

drivatar

I can confirm this in 1.06. Just looking at the settings of a Mitsubishi Lancer changed the car from allowed to unusable because of "tuning prohibited".

3. Venny_

Venny_

I want them to fix the damn snap back while drifting.

You have to put an insane anti roll bar value to stop it.

4. Leoz96

Leoz96

I want them to add these as photomode locations:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sure it shouldn't be much of a problem adding these to the game (well maybe the 2nd one since gt6 reflections look terrible) and they would make a great addition to show off our cars, even better if they eventually add a livery editor :lol:

kayto101 and VBR like this.
  5. schmocke

schmocke

When hosting and grid is set to either "based on prior results reversed" or "based on prior results" in first race host starts either way behind the grid or in front with everyone else messed up near the last starting position.

6. GTP Red Pill

GTP Red Pill Premium

I also hate the way that when Reverse Grid Based On Previous Results is selected, any newcomers or anyone who quit the race are gifted positions at the front of the grid. THAT'S SO STUPID! :banghead: Anyone who has just joined, or rage quit, should be made to start from the back of the grid.

7. Flash_Sweden

Flash_Sweden

I just noticed something else about the G27-shifter. If you choose a gear with the paddles, you can continue to shift with your stick, without using the clutch. Like the Sensonic gearbox SAAB had.

8. Synapticgap

Synapticgap

Um, have the headlights and taillights been fixed now? I'm watching a nighttime replay and see them better than before at distance, but I could be wrong

9. nick77

nick77

Can't find any other post mentioning this but since last update when I update images in the garage the thumbnail is squashed, same happens for new cars and cars that are modded, basically when the thumbnail is updated it is squashed.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  10. Fong74

Fong74

74. There is a significant change in physics after getting the 2nd tire set in the pits. AKA the pit glitch. (ty Fong74)

This one can be removed, as it was fixed with v1.07!

Oh happy day!! :tup::tup::tup:

11. Synapticgap

Synapticgap

Is that the ONLY bug fix in this update? sigh

12. NOSWaster

NOSWaster

It takes between 10 and 30 seconds for this to update while it refreshes and searches the list. This bug doesn't happen. (At least it hasn't happened for me, ever.)

A new one to add, though:
    When racing online, name tags appear above cars. The only way to turn this off is to spectate and enter the spectating options, where you can disable the name tags above the cars.

13. speedrcr

speedrcr

Frosted, can you add something I submitted back in April, I saw you added the frame rate issue when in cockpit (appreciated). But can you add certain cars when in cockpit seem "Zoomed" or Narrow compared to what they were in GT5.

Namely the cars affected, Ruf BTR and CTR, the view on (standard or default settings) encompassed the side view mirror on the left on both, whereas they are cropped off. In comparison if you look at GT5 and GT6; the view looks as though in GT6 its the GT5 setting of Narrow for the Standard Wide view preference. This is very annoying going from other cars to a "Zoomed" or Narrow perspective.

There's other cars out there, but this is a serious Q/A issue that would need a little attention. I think IMO the Elise '96 is affected but I can't be sure as I didn't have that in GT5. I'll get some pictures together if requested.

14. Janteag

Janteag

I don't know if this has been addressed or not , but I've noticed there's a small, floating white ball thing on the penultimate corner of Special Stage Route 5 Forward that doesn't seem to do anything. I speculate that the game tried to load a ghost line (like in license tests) but didn't have any data, so it can't do anything but formulate a floating ball type thing.

15. rronak95

rronak95

Give this list to Polyphony

speedrcr likes this.
  16. WRXRebelT1i

WRXRebelT1i

Well, now that the GT5 servers are down, here is the first major thing I've noticed in GT6. The tachometer in hood/outside view needs to be larger and more readable. When you have nitrous equipped, it's basically 5 pixels tall and completely useless. Honestly, how was that approved as the final design?

17. unit-one

unit-one

-wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  18. Synapticgap

Synapticgap

I'd love to see some pictures...

I also just remembered, yesterday I was in a lobby with mostly familiar players, with common regulations. When I entered the course and my car exited the pit lane, my car drove itself, as if in b-spec. I mean it wasn't like when you pause and the car goes 37mph constant - this was fast, 127mph before a corner. When I pushed start, the game paused normally, speed dropped to 37mph, little to no throttle, when I unpaused it resumed full throttle, steering, braking, etc.

Frustrated, I left the room.

Anyone have thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    speedrcr likes this.
  19. Synapticgap

Synapticgap

If it weren't for the tags, I'd rear-end people more often. The tail lights just arent visible from far enough away like street lights are. Why they don't render the same, only the coders can answer.

20. speedrcr

speedrcr

Happened to me as well at one point where it was auto-driving as if in B-spec. Also while in lobby i could drive my car on the track through that little window. But that was a 2 updates ago.

Going to submit some pics from both GT5 and GT6...too bad online was cut for GT5 :(

21. Synapticgap

Synapticgap

Just wondering... is #5 considered fixed now that there's only automatic TC in gravel, not everywhere?

#117 is also now "fixed"

I also wonder why there is no water visible on most tracks when it rains. Aside from traction loss, the change in appearance of the road surface is the single biggest factor of wet racing. It makes no sense to show roostertails coming off tires when the road looks dry or in the tunnels, especially the long tunnel at Route 7. I think that might actually be the only wet-looking track. I haven't tried Tsukuba wet, as I was rather disappointed with how weather is simulated... An explanation what the percentages of weather actually correspond to would also be nice... (how is the weather? oh, it's about 40%!) If it was 0% equals sunny and 100% equals rain, I can't imagine 9 steps between them. (sunny, overcast, cloudy, rainy, too bad to race in?)

22. Teflonicus

Teflonicus

Update 1.08 was playable on my 12GB PS3 (I only bought it because my 500GB Fatty died). As of 1.09, there is now no longer enough space to fit GT6.

I've tried deleting everything and yet I am still 977MB short of having enough space. I also do not have any other games on this machine. Ugh.

23. Robbks

Robbks

Find any old 2.5" laptop HDD and slide it in the machine.

Teflonicus likes this.
  24. FRoSTeD

FRoSTeD

My appreciation goes to those who found this thread useful, I cannot, however, keep it updated. Too much time needs to be spent dissecting GT6 to keep a thread like this going, and recent changes in my life have forced me to reallocate my free time. Perhaps in the future I will do a large update of the list, but that wont come in the foreseeable future.

25. Paltala

Paltala

I have something.

Problem level: Minor
    Problem type (I guess): Factual error
    Car: Saleen S7
    Description: The S7, in GT5, can get up to 1100hp iirc with the full tune. In GT6 this is limited to 900hp.
    Also, you can install a supercharger onto the car when in reality, the only factory option was a twin turbo kit (Which later became the standard with the S7TT which also boasted other improvements)

I'd really like to see this changed, an S7 with an SC is just wrong for me, it needs to be a TT.

26. ImUrOBGYN

ImUrOBGYN

Guess I'll add this here anyway for the future:

The Pontiac Vibe GT's lift engagement rpm and redline rpm's are incorrect and were in GT5, as well. In the 2003, lift begins at 6200rpm and depending on gear, redlines from 8200 to 8400 rpms. Drives me completely nuts as you're unable to keep it in lift between shifts. Basically, the things that make this car so fun to drive are nerfed.

27. Teflonicus

Teflonicus

Thanks for the thought :) I ended up taking the hard drive out of my old PS3 and setting it up again that way. 55GB should see me through a fair few replays.

Unfortunately, the 12GB PS3 does not come with a mounting bracket/cradle to hold the hard drive in place. I'm waiting on an eBay one to arrive, and have sticky tape doing the job in the meantime.

28. Synapticgap

Synapticgap

That is so ghetto... why did they make those mini-PS3's?

29. jagenigma

jagenigma

This was the same as GT4, if you tried to counteract any sideways action, snap oversteer would be induced.
    This was in the car entry list in GT1, it should have been a mainstay.

30. Teflonicus

Teflonicus

Hehe, I know ... sticky tape. My guess is they wanted to beat a certain price point, and omitting various things allowed them to get there.

When I went to the shop, this was the only one available, so I didn't have too much of a choice if I wanted it that day. The other, out of stock, option was the 500GB, and I think that was $400 plus compared to around $230 (everything to do with games is ridiculously expensive in Australia).