Things in GT6 you want "fixed". (Please read bold first)

• Thread starter FRoSTeD
  • 756 comments
Add it on #74

Not only physics (handling) changes after getting 2nd tire set in pit. I think that problem is in pit stop itself. Tire and fuel consumption are differents after pit stop.

For example, I was running on a race with 19 laps on Grand Valley Speedway with tire and fuel consumption set to "FAST" on a Ferrari 599 with 600PP and Racing Soft tires. At the end of lap 9, I had 1/2 fuel tank, still put more 20 liters to guarantee and it was not enough to finish the race. Tires consumption changes drasticaly too. At the 1st half, before pit, I had more wears on front tires and at the 2nd half, tires wears equaly and fastest.
I had run into a few instances where in a pit-required race I handled goofily and totally different from pre-pit, and I thought it was simply the game trying to make it harder on me as I would usually be in the lead by this time, and I still think a LOT of that is going on.....however....I saw exactly what you're saying when for S's and G's I broke from grinding the 'Ring in every Subaru ever made (OMG why isn't EVERY car a Subaru???) to take an HSV-10 to Apricot Hill for the 20-minute race. It was the first run for the car so I had a couple spin-offs and screeching turns until I got the groove and made it past the 10-minute point before having to pit on RH tires. Plus you have the usual give-and-take with AI before assuming the lead, so lots of quick stops and abusively tight turns getting there. I pitted (I think after 8 laps) with LF=4, RF=5, LR=6, RR=6 and half the red zone in fuel. After pitting, I did another 7 laps and I KNOW I was almost skosh fuel with these tire results (after only having to pass 5 cars to regain my lead after pitting, and really just cruising the last 5 laps): LF=5, RF=5, LR=3, RR=4....so yeah, something's funny there. Oddly enough, the car handled pretty much the same the last 7 laps as the first 8, so I REALLY don't get PD's sliding scale of performance with this game.

The wipers on the Fisker Karma are not animated in the outside view, but in the interior view, they are (when activated).

About 67, there is clearly a little bit of motion blur. I notice this more during replays than while driving though. Also, I think 68 should be upgraded to at least blue. Such motions can cause damage between other cars (if damage is on) resulting in the opening of the qualifier becoming useless. If damage is on Heavy, a fair host has to restart the entire qualifier if this happens, while other hosts just say too bad if this happens to their drivers and any drivers that were damaged have to pit on lap 1 of the qualifier which then results in the pit bug.

Speaking of qualifiers, one thing I'm hoping you'll add to this list is the fact that actual timed qualifiers in real life allow the driver to finish the lap that they are on. GT6 does not allow this. In addition, I think the cars need to be spread out more at the start of these qualifiers. This is only a minor issue though. My fix for this is simply to do my qualifiers as a race and have the best lap time saved via a replay. Another fix is to do it in Free Run, however the timing doesn't always save when a driver exits the course, making it hard to check everyone's timing sometimes. A host would be able to monitor it live or be the only person to back out and check the times after, I suppose.

If I'm remembering my reading of this list correctly, (I couldn't find this on a second check even though I think I read this) you mention that you can't change certain settings online. I definitely would like the ability to access GT Auto within an online lobby. (I'm not sure if that's what you were referring to.) Also, it would be very nice to have the ability to change your driver suit from an online lobby as well.

Finally, thank you very much for this list. An organized list like this has been what I've been seeking for a long time. I really think this thread deserves a sticky. Nice job!

Last edited:
what does issue "20" mean?
if it mean to make the map small or big. you can do that in the menu when driving

Hello. I've been in search of a car to learn how to drift with my G27. I've been trying out some setups that I've found here, and I think I've found out that the random bug where you couldn't use the fully customisable transmission on some cars isn't really that random.

It's only on the premium ones that the FC transmission is functional with the stick. I've only tried it on 8-10 cars. That is 4-5 standards and 4-5 premiums. But it worked on every premium car, but on none of the standards.

Is that old news? I'll admit it: I'm to lazy to go through every page;) Can anyone else confirm it? Or am I just to tired and have it all mixed up in my head :confused:

The "NEW" tags on the home screen seem to be all wonky: I've never had them show up when there's a new seasonal, update notification, or dealership change, yet it shows up when I get a new car (on the Garage button) even if I've already entered the new car it's proclaiming. This feels like a first-year programmer rookie mistake.

Hi guys... The tire bug after pit stop was fixed? Please report this everywhere. I want to bring a online championship for my group, but cannot begin this ****ING BUG so.

I dont have time for play GT6 until april 10th, then, someone test for me if this is gone at the att. 1.06.

Thanks and sorry for my primary english.

Now with 1.06 there is another bug.
If you open a room with tuning prohibited and then change to allowed, you can't go to the track with a tuned car, you have top open a room with tuning allowed.

NEW Found issue - Minor and not Critical

BTR '86 In car view is "Narrow" by default. It seems view is Zoomed in appearance or stated before set to "Narrow".

Compared view against RGT, and also by going back to GT5 and trying the in car view on "Narrow" setting in the BTR 86 and it looks basically the same.

For further depiction I can take pics this evening and post them if needed.

Also posted separately in Feedback forum. (Not to spam, just wanted extra visibility)

Is it just on my screen or is there really a 2 pixel white line at the right edge since 1.06 during replays? I tried to adjust screen size but it's not having any effect.

Also, I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, the online lobby message "host has started the race" has been changed to "host has started Race" back in 1.05

There is also some redundancy in the message "driver has started the final lap in 1st place, 1 lap remaining" I mean duh

Have been doing time trial on mount panorama with courtesy corvette, saved replays have no info of tyre type etc if that has been changed,(or atleast I don't know how to view this info),

and also time trials are from what I can tell to improve a lap time with one setup, it would be nice to be able to save this so when you return its easy to be back with the same track conditions and car setup eg tyres

Is it just on my screen or is there really a 2 pixel white line at the right edge since 1.06 during replays? I tried to adjust screen size but it's not having any effect.

There is also some redundancy in the message "driver has started the final lap in 1st place, 1 lap remaining" I mean duh

On the first part, yes! I saw it as well! I thought it might be the refresh rate or something not meshing with my TV or something.

I also noticed from time to time a black block flashes at the bottom of the screen rarely but often to know its a graphics issue.

Last part...lol.

See ya on the track bud. -Speed

NEW Found issue - Minor and not Critical

BTR '86 In car view is "Narrow" by default. It seems view is Zoomed in appearance or stated before set to "Narrow".

Compared view against RGT, and also by going back to GT5 and trying the in car view on "Narrow" setting in the BTR 86 and it looks basically the same.

The CTR Yellowbird has same issue, field of view needs to be fixed, it's really narrow! It's comparable to the "Narrow" setting for the same car in GT5. Please fix!

I may get around to updating the OP over the weekend. I know there's quite a few things that need crossing out and a few new issues to be added.

1. When I'm in time trail/on track, wanna see that somehow in the menue to chose another car not
Go all the way back and choose a car.
2. When I spin I always stand backwards or my front of the car is in the barrier. I mean, from like 10 spins 6/7 spins are as I said. No way that the physics are so that every spin put you're front of the car into the barrier.
3. Every millimeter when you nutch the damn grass you spin!!! It
Goes on my nerves when the track or the code is not Forgiving nothing. I don't wanna say when you go off the track and spin, but, just a little touch the grass and you get spined! No way!
4. Absolutely needed changing the regulation in time trail. Example:
• Lap invalided (leaving the track) -> I just spined with whole Car
• I leave the track with two Tyres
> Lap invalided (leaving the track)
Etc....

I see no point of these stupid regulation. I've get lap invalided b'koz I spined off the track, so I got no advantage or something like that....and still lap invalided. And sometimes I've got suspension like"hiting the barrier", and sometimes I hit a barrier and get nothing.

Just stupid

3. Every millimeter when you nutch the damn grass you spin!!! It
Goes on my nerves when the track or the code is not Forgiving nothing. I don't wanna say when you go off the track and spin, but, just a little touch the grass and you get spined! No way!
This part is not true. I go on the grass all the time both at apex and on the exit of some corners and don't spin. It's a question of adjusting your inputs (throttle, brake, steering etc.) to maintain your momentum and allow for the decreased traction you get while having 1 or 2 wheels in the grass. What you can't do is make hard steering inputs or have the car off balance when you get into the grass. In real life that's a spin, in the game it's a spin. You have to allow yourself a little time to move in a straight line and gain control of the car.

I remember watching the replay of the Corvette Prototype at Nurb in GT5 and the winner DHolland was in the grass several times at the exit of corners on the full Nurb while running 7:16ish in the stock car on Sports Hard tires. It's not easy, but it can be done. 👍

This part is not true. I go on the grass all the time both at apex and on the exit of some corners and don't spin. It's a question of adjusting your inputs (throttle, brake, steering etc.) to maintain your momentum and allow for the decreased traction you get while having 1 or 2 wheels in the grass. What you can't do is make hard steering inputs or have the car off balance when you get into the grass. In real life that's a spin, in the game it's a spin. You have to allow yourself a little time to move in a straight line and gain control of the car.

I remember watching the replay of the Corvette Prototype at Nurb in GT5 and the winner DHolland was in the grass several times at the exit of corners on the full Nurb while running 7:16ish in the stock car on Sports Hard tires. It's not easy, but it can be done. 👍

If I can record my drive and all those spins, then u'll would understand. I was playing today and in like 10 runs I spun like 5/6 times just nutching the damn grass! Frustrating!! As I say, u may drive on a damn wheel and ist easier to control the car specialy when u drive with all aids off on a damn controller is bit harder when u find you're self in this situation.

If I can record my drive and all those spins, then u'll would understand. I was playing today and in like 10 runs I spun like 5/6 times just nutching the damn grass! Frustrating!! As I say, u may drive on a damn wheel and ist easier to control the car specialy when u drive with all aids off on a damn controller is bit harder when u find you're self in this situation.
Car control is far easier on a DS3 in most aspects except throttle control.

The only aid I use is ABS-1 on my DS3 (Because I'm not that big on controlling my braking even though I can) and grass isn't as terrifying as you put it.

Here's how I look at things and this is why I said it can be done. I had the same problem as you at first and I chalked it up to the game. "Grass is way too slippery, it's not modeled correctly, it shouldn't be that way, yada, yada, yada...can't be done" Then when I see it can be done and not just done, but done by probably the fastest GT driver in the history of the franchise in a winning lap on the Nurb, I say to myself, "This can be done, I just have to learn how to do it"

I can't speak for the DS3 I don't use it competitively but I have no doubt it can be done with either a wheel or a DS3. If you don't believe that, you're defeated before you even start. If you do believe it can be done, you'll find a way. The choice is yours.

Here's how I look at things and this is why I said it can be done. I had the same problem as you at first and I chalked it up to the game. "Grass is way too slippery, it's not modeled correctly, it shouldn't be that way, yada, yada, yada...can't be done" Then when I see it can be done and not just done, but done by probably the fastest GT driver in the history of the franchise in a winning lap on the Nurb, I say to myself, "This can be done, I just have to learn how to do it"

I can't speak for the DS3 I don't use it competitively but I have no doubt it can be done with either a wheel or a DS3. If you don't believe that, you're defeated before you even start. If you do believe it can be done, you'll find a way. The choice is yours.

Don't dramatize bro. If u go throught a corner with 140km/h and u try to go 141kmh and you spin, and u try it again and u spin again, so, that's called "limit" not lack of faith or skill.

I've drove gt5 whole time on wheel, I've put in A-Spec third time on Suzuka in the world I know how it work so don't preach bro.

It can be all done on ds3 controller but instead u drive like one/two round to put some good time, you need like 30min's and still the round is not"clean" but on a wheel u need a blink of an eye to understand how it work and you're ready to go!

You wanna tell me that you buy (let's say) G27 for 250$ (or so) for having the same time as I have on a PS3 controller?!?!?! You wanna say that someone will give just like that 250$ for....nothing?!? I don't think so!

Don't dramatize bro. If u go throught a corner with 140km/h and u try to go 141kmh and you spin, and u try it again and u spin again, so, that's called "limit" not lack of faith or skill.

I've drove gt5 whole time on wheel, I've put in A-Spec third time on Suzuka in the world I know how it work so don't preach bro.

It can be all done on ds3 controller but instead u drive like one/two round to put some good time, you need like 30min's and still the round is not"clean" but on a wheel u need a blink of an eye to understand how it work and you're ready to go!

You wanna tell me that you buy (let's say) G27 for 250$ (or so) for having the same time as I have on a PS3 controller?!?!?! You wanna say that someone will give just like that 250$ for....nothing?!? I don't think so!
I see now you were right and I was wrong. It's impossible to get two wheels on the grass in GT6 and not spin. Carry on.

Last edited:
(Zombie) AI - Getting REALLY tired of getting t-boned out of nowhere, and the surprise butt sex...

Starts - Maybe down dial the rolling start on EVERY RACE every once in a while?

Views - I can't see the gauges sometimes. Because the sunlight/shadow is at the perfect spot and the interior gauges are pretty much dark. How about letting the drivers turn on the lights EVEN if the race is set during the daytime?

Back