Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I really think we need exclusivity of parts, be it pricing or unlocking. Because if you go into a room and see someone with the exact same car chances are it's going to have the exact same parts as yours, just a different set up and driver. There should be multiple manufacturers of turbos, or turbos that you have to unlock, or really overpriced ones. Or special parts that are only given away sometimes. More verity and less people having the same stuff ;/

Making all rims available to all cars, adjust tire size and width, ability to see the car being lowered for fine tuning(also for toe and camber). Better rewind and fast forward on replays. ability to upload replays to youtube and or send them to friends. This may just be me but i want to actuallly here the blow off valve for turbo cars. No number limit on cars that can be sent to friends.

edit: Forgot to add. More variety of cars, even though i love the Japanese cars and this game is made by them i think the equality of cars from all over should be looked at.

Last edited:
I like that multiple turbo manufacturer idea, so one gives less power but has less lag, other more power and more lag etc. I think that would make people actually think when tuning a car, rather than just picking MOAR POWERRRRRR! :lol:

Car Functions:

Turn on all lights with real functions (Daylight, foglight, turnsignal ex)
Wipers (front/rear)
Roll down windows/sunroof

Customize Car Exterior:

OEM/Aftermarket bumpers / Bodykits
OEM/Aftermarket Headlights / Taillights / blinkers
OEM/Aftermarket Spoilers
OEM/Aftermarket Hoods
OEM/Aftermarket Grills
Replace license-plate or make a own.

Customize Car Interior:

OEM/Aftermarket Steeringwheel
OEM/Aftermarket Seats
OEM/Aftermarket Instruments/Gauges (Bar, Oil, Temp. ex)
OEM/Aftermarket Pedals / Foot-rest

Customize Car Engine:

OEM/Aftermarket Oil/Water-Cap (Audi R8 on a Audi TT ex)
Paint engine-cover and other parts (Chrome, Gold, Black, Red ex)

Customize Car Wheels:

OEM/Aftermarket Rims in diffrent sizes - not just one size like GT5. To put Lamborghini wheels on a Golf could be sweet!
Paint alle wheels - also the basic/standard the car comes with.
Paint bolts/screws on rims - BBS 3-Split rims ex.
Change center-cabs (Audi cabs on some VW-Wheels ex)
Mount Spacers on every car/wheels

Tuning - Brakes:

OEM/Aftermarket Brake discs, pads and calibers (Audi R8 brakes on a Audi A3 ex)
Change the color of the Caliber.

Tuning - Suspension:

OEM/Aftermarket suspensions with the functions like in GT5 (camber, height, toe...)
Airbag-suspension (and a button to rise or lower it)

Tuning - Engine:

Engine-Swap to every car (Put HPA Stage2 R32 Engine in a normal Golf IV ex)
Build Turbo and/or Supercharger on every car
OEM/Aftermarket Intercoolers (Audi S3 intercooler on a Audi A3 1.8T or HKS intercooler on a Skyline ex)
OEM/Aftermarket Intakes
OEM/Aftermarket Exhaust-systems (Milltek, HKS, APR ex)
Performance Software (REVO Stage2 in a Seat Leon Cupra Ex)
Gearboxes
Clutch
and some things like GT5 tuning mode.

And most important - more realistic sound of the cars. Almost every Ferrari have the same sound in GT5. And when you change the exhaust on a Golf V GTI ex, the sound is almost det same. Its need to be deeper and with more resonans after you change the exhaust system.

Customize Car Engine:

These would be pointless because you would never notice them. I don't know if you knew this, but with the exception of cars where tier engine is visible IRL without opening anything, GT5 doesn't model engines. Go into photo travel and have a peak under the hood of any front engined car and you will see what I mean. I doubt GT6 will be any different, there is no reason to.

These would be pointless because you would never notice them. I don't know if you knew this, but with the exception of cars where tier engine is visible IRL without opening anything, GT5 doesn't model engines. Go into photo travel and have a peak under the hood of any front engined car and you will see what I mean. I doubt GT6 will be any different, there is no reason to.

I agree with this. that would be a pointless feature to paint the engine

Ooh, another one - customizable seats and seat belts/harnesses. For example, racing seats, Sparco, Momo, RaceTech etc., and harnesses, TRS, Cobra, Driftworks etc. - I know race seats and harnesses are already in RM cars, but it'd be nice if we could put them into none RM cars too.

Noo... I'm not suggesting harnesses because my mum makes them... whatever made you think that? :sly:

I agree with this. that would be a pointless feature to paint the engine

Hm yea maybe. BUT! It would be cool if you could open the hood in 'Photo-Travel'-Mode. The only reason why it would be cool to paint the engine, replace caps and stuff like that.

I would like custom reg plates and a decal adder. (not editor. Stuff like add black striped to your 86 or the side stripes to a ruf rgt)

I always wanted to race a police car... Maybe add sirens with working sounds too :lol:
That'll be awesome to have, especially having variety of coloured modern and classic sirens for our cars to be placed at any spot on the roof. :tup I forgot that we also need to have some side mirror parts too. :)

keep dreaming bro, kaz will never add sth like that , haha , good for me :)

That Skyline is a pace car, and pace cars don't have sirens, just the light bars on top. You wouldn't hear it on top of the loud roaring engines from the racing cars behind it though, so no point.

As far as grids go, being able to place your car tactically as is seen in formula 1 a lot would be good. This would require a full warm up lap too.

An option to simply remove wing mirrors/spoilers from cars to get a weight/aerodynamic advantage would be cool...

What they need is to have more race cars full team sets in. We have ONE 908 and there are at least two with each team, and having another in a race with the same race number on it is slightly silly.

They could also programme the game to not pick the same car/race driver car as you in a race, especially if the car is a one off special like the SP1.

This last one is very far fetched, but the possibility to use a Vita with its camera and GPS to somehow create custom tracks using the roads near where you live (or tracks near where.you live) would be unbelievably amazing, even if totally impossible.

Hm yea maybe. BUT! It would be cool if you could open the hood in 'Photo-Travel'-Mode. The only reason why it would be cool to paint the engine, replace caps and stuff like that.

i would rather them take the time to add a distinctive turbo spool with blow valve then that feature

I would like to see bigger racing fields with better AI ... just imagine 40-60 cars racing a 24hr endurance at one of the bigger tracks like the 'Ring 👍

-Ability to use turn signals

-Visible weight reduction (chairs etc removed)

-Better Mechanical Damage
-Better Visual Damage
-Damage takes time to fix in pits depending on severity
-Front/Rear wing replacement in pits
-Oil leaks
-Realistic Damage can be turned on or off
-Visible Damage fixed in pits

-Tire Blowouts
-Water Temperature

-Tuning Adjustments are easier to notice

-All cars premium
-Classic GT menus
-License tests Mandatory
-Harder Tire compounds last much longer then softer compounds, at least twice as long

-AI does not brake early
-Better AI
-Faster AI
-More competitive AI

-More Endurance Races
-Multi-class Racing
-No LeMans cars at Nurburgring 24 hours
-Race with up to 3 B-Spec teammates
-Realistic lineup with proper cars
-Spa 24 hours

-Black flag penalty for rough driving
-Black flag penalty for too much damage or leaking fluids
-Green flag waved at starts
-Full safety car for ovals and roadcourses, can be turned on or off
-Trackside marshals wave yellow or green flags

-Adjustments to car like tire pressure and downforce possible during pitstop
-Free control in pit lane
-Pit Speed depends on car/racing series

-Better Replays

-Grid girls (would love that! xD)

-Day/night cycle for every track

-Better clutch operation for G25/G27, T500RS (able to powershift: shifting without letting off the gas)

That's all im asking for
what do you think??

Don't know if anyone will see this.
But I would like those features to be in GT6 since I have mentioned many time to see if they could implanted into GT5 and nothing.

- Ability to create your mutiple custom folders/tabs to sort out your garage. (You can categorize your cars to Street Tunning/Drift tunning/GT500/F1....etc)
- Ability to rename your car model to reflect your modification. (For example: Nissian Skyline GTR34, after your specific tunning on the stock car, you can rename the car to JG R34...etc)
- Ability to install proper "Manufacture" equipment, such as BoV, Turbo, Suspension. (You can install HKS, Apex, Brambo, Greedy....etc to the cars instead of stage 1 or 2)
- Ability to start the race in Grid (Standing start instead of rolling start)
- Ability to implanted some Japanese Legends into the game (For example: Keiichi Tsuchiya)

I would (personally) like to see a proper testing grounds much like Millbrook Proving Ground in England (Google Maps it) as it has a whole range of tarmac surfaces and such. Also, A similar location for dirt and snow.

And secondly, I'd like to make cars in to prototypes, and when online, keep their specs secret until you are happy with final specs. Much like the GT-R Black Mask which is awesome. If this can be done in a vinyl editor or similar, that'd be brilliant. Another point about a visual customizer, I'd like to apply stickers or similar over lights and windows.

Just putting my opinion across :)

Dirty cars. where the car actually gets dirty and when you go clean it in gt auto it actually looks dirty and then gets washed.

More race events like BTCC, D1GP, etc etc

i think we could use some more online modes, for example:

1) Relay Race - you choose X amount of cars (possible to have different PP's and manufacturers) and you race to a set point on a track and then your second car comes in play. Example, 4 550PP cars (1 each from Japan, US, Germany, Italy) and each one does a specific portion of the nurburgring.

2) Cat n Mouse (ie Project Gotham Online)

Some might argue that these modes would take away from the simulation theme of the game but online racing is fun and why not enhance the choices for racers to choose whats fun for them?

The music and radio suggestion I can shoot out of the sky.

There is no way we can hear music from a live radio station around countries due to the licensing side of things. GTA music is all licensed carefully before shipping to make sure it fits in all licensing side of things

Much better penalty system
You should only be penalised for going off the track if you gain an advantage. For example, a personal best sector time or gained position off the circuit. If you do gain a position, give us the opportunity to give the place back, if the person doesn't give up position then give a penalty.

I really think we need exclusivity of parts, be it pricing or unlocking. Because if you go into a room and see someone with the exact same car chances are it's going to have the exact same parts as yours, just a different set up and driver. There should be multiple manufacturers of turbos, or turbos that you have to unlock, or really overpriced ones. Or special parts that are only given away sometimes. More verity and less people having the same stuff ;/

I like the parts manufacturer idea for the reasons you mentioned. The idea of buying tires from different manufacturers just gets me very excited. Maybe Goodyear tires have the most grip, but fall off faster. Maybe Michelin makes the best wet weather tire but has the most temperature sensitive dry tire.

The possibilities are endless and add so much to the game. But of course many will complain about being at any disadvantage, I say they should become more brand loyal :)

Car Functions:

Turn on all lights with real functions (Daylight, foglight, turnsignal ex)
Wipers (front/rear)
Roll down windows/sunroof

Customize Car Exterior:

OEM/Aftermarket bumpers / Bodykits
OEM/Aftermarket Headlights / Taillights / blinkers
OEM/Aftermarket Spoilers
OEM/Aftermarket Hoods
OEM/Aftermarket Grills
Replace license-plate or make a own.

Customize Car Interior:

OEM/Aftermarket Steeringwheel
OEM/Aftermarket Seats
OEM/Aftermarket Instruments/Gauges (Bar, Oil, Temp. ex)
OEM/Aftermarket Pedals / Foot-rest

Customize Car Engine:

Customize Car Wheels:

OEM/Aftermarket Rims in diffrent sizes - not just one size like GT5. To put Lamborghini wheels on a Golf could be sweet!
Paint alle wheels - also the basic/standard the car comes with.
Paint bolts/screws on rims - BBS 3-Split rims ex.
Change center-cabs (Audi cabs on some VW-Wheels ex)
Mount Spacers on every car/wheels

Tuning - Brakes:

OEM/Aftermarket Brake discs, pads and calibers (Audi R8 brakes on a Audi A3 ex)
Change the color of the Caliber.

Tuning - Suspension:

OEM/Aftermarket suspensions with the functions like in GT5 (camber, height, toe...)
Airbag-suspension (and a button to rise or lower it)

Tuning - Engine:

Engine-Swap to every car (Put HPA Stage2 R32 Engine in a normal Golf IV ex)
Build Turbo and/or Supercharger on every car
OEM/Aftermarket Intercoolers (Audi S3 intercooler on a Audi A3 1.8T or HKS intercooler on a Skyline ex)
OEM/Aftermarket Intakes
OEM/Aftermarket Exhaust-systems (Milltek, HKS, APR ex)
Performance Software (REVO Stage2 in a Seat Leon Cupra Ex)
Gearboxes
Clutch
and some things like GT5 tuning mode.

And most important - more realistic sound of the cars. Almost every Ferrari have the same sound in GT5. And when you change the exhaust on a Golf V GTI ex, the sound is almost det same. Its need to be deeper and with more resonans after you change the exhaust system.

Great list 👍

Some parts, like the ideas that dealt with how a car looks, went to the car customization category. Others that dealt more with the performance of the car went to the Car tuning parts category

- An addition to "Larger selection of Spoilers/Wings" would be an option where the stock spoiler is completely removed (for cars which come with a spoiler from the factory).
- More carbon fiber panels (trunk, roof, doors).

Adjustable steering rotation
Safety rating (like iracing)
Remove B-spec
Remove maintenance (except inrace maintenance)
Tachometer on my phone
Move the barriers further away from the rally tracks.
KERS and DRS

- Proper damage
- GT4-style B-Spec
- Events more akin to those in the real world
- Credit payouts that don't make you feel short changed
- Simpler replay controls, including slo-mo
- More freedom in photo mode during replays, like in GT4
- Tourist Trophy-style extension to the game

I like that multiple turbo manufacturer idea, so one gives less power but has less lag, other more power and more lag etc. I think that would make people actually think when tuning a car, rather than just picking MOAR POWERRRRRR! :lol:

Yes exactly one of the points I was getting at, I'd love to see variety between two 'identical' cars (:

Latest Posts

Back