Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
When online, there could be a second way to watch a race you're not competing in. All you get now are the replay cameras, but what about you placed yourself for the whole of the race in the grandstands where people spectator for real. Options should be virtually unlimited as to where you can be, as long as its where people really would watch.
For example, somewhere like the Daytona road course you'd not really be able to get to the infield section, but at something like the Eiger track you could basically wander around the entire grass hillside...
I don't think a basic version of this would be at all difficult to implement, just with the 'crowd-cam' that you don't move from at all.

Also, puddles need to exist in GT6. When it rains, you never get any large build up of deeper water, its all just even on the surface.

And, something else weather related that I thought they actually Were gonna put in GT5: The ability to synchronize the weather and/or lighting conditions to that of the track in real life. i.e. you drive le mans, its raining at Le Mans in real life, so it rains in the game also. It wouldn't have to be Super accurate to be really engaging to a player, ESPECIALLY if they live near the track they're racing in the game.

P.S. its a really cool feeling seeing my suggestions up there on the OP with everyone else's great ideas. Some outlandish and others really grounded in a very serious level of possibility...

Honestly, my biggest thing is wanting to see the ability to choose your opponent cars in Arcade mode, for example the ability to choose to race all the Classic American Muscle cars on the same track. That being on B-Spec would be cool too so it would just be the cars going around and not me spoiling the AI racing.

Racing line rubbers in during race, or over race weekend.

Rain washes away the line and you can get a drying line after rain stops.

Better rain effects in general, puddles forming, certain parts of the track wetter than others.

Build up of rubber marbles off-line.

Debris on track, ie someone coming out of gravel trap. You get specific flags for that sector and perhaps a message from race engineer.

Better weather forecasts for race weekend.

Track Temperature readouts, and has a performance/tyre wear effect.

"Auto Vista with Morgan Freeman"

Haha! Jeez, that one really made me chuckle :lol:

But in all seriousness, if PD are going to be looking at this, we need to make it a bit more realistic, and really make serious and realistic suggestions!

There are some funny/outrageous suggestions. It has been great fun putting this together. However there has been many, many amazing suggestions and ideas.

Here is a couple of mine

TV Style presentation of the racing

When watching a replay of a race I want full graphics so I know whats going on and even commentary, like so.

NASCAR-Datatainment.jpeg

0.jpg

More data on the HUD of where every car is at and what it is doing

Not the best picture, but it gives the idea of what I want. It identifies every car in the race, how far it is behind the leader and from eachother, and is it in the pits. If it takes up too much space on screen give us the ability to bring it up with the touch of a button and minimize it as well.

timing8.jpg

Last edited:
Everything I could ever want in GT6 has already been listed, but I have one suggestion; How about having suspension setups and car weight effect tire wear? i.e. A car with a lot of camber and/or weight (or both) will go through tires at a faster rate than a lighter one w/ less camber.

Another thing, drop the awful elevator music. Presentation goes a long way. Nothing saps the excitement like a soft saxaphone solo. We are about to race cars 200mph not having dinner. Bring back the cool music from pretty much every other GT game not named GT5

-Livery Editor like Forza with mirror option
-More wheel options
-Be able 2 lower cars more realistic for stance etc
-All premium cars
-Better car sounds
-Full Drivetrain swaps! Not 10/90!
-More tracks with rain/night option on all
-Drag strip
-Ebisu track with the jump (D1GP section for drifters)
-Better drift points scheme, reverse entry = no points ? cmon
-Tyre pressure option also
That's all I can think of at the minute

"TV Style presentation of the racing"

Imagine the replay being GT Live TV just like in real life. That'll make GT6's replay even more exciting. :D

I'd like to see the physics be more real in areas like the way the car behaves under braking through the entry of the corner. Also the way the car responds when you get sideways to corrections. I'd like to see the ffb improve to give high end wheels a more real feel. There's lots of feedback missing from the wheel that you would get in real life. Also the sounds could stand some improvement so you hear what's going on with your engine and tires better. To me the things you miss from real life like feeling the rear of the car can be somewhat replaced if what is there is true to life. My biggest complaint is that I have to learn to drive poorly to drive fast in this game because the physics aren't true to life.

I´m worried about mostly the drifting in GT6, because thats the only thing i do in GT5. There are so many things i would like to see implemented that i don´t even know where to start.

honestly, my biggest thing is wanting to see the ability to choose your opponent cars in arcade mode, for example the ability to choose to race all the classic american muscle cars on the same track. That being on b-spec would be cool too so it would just be the cars going around and not me spoiling the ai racing.

+ 10 ! With the ability to choose cars from your own garage.

I'm going to mention cars and tracks because we need something new in GT6. I would like to see every past track in GT6 along with at least a half dozen new ones. As far as cars go, we don't need 1000 cars, 300-400 would be great. I would like to see a lot more modern cars in addition to older models. We don't need 40 variations of a Nissan Skyline or Jay Leno's tank car either, basically a much better selection of cars you can use to win races!!!! I would like see continued improve with the driver A.I. It's come along over the years, but still pretty dumb sometimes.

I would like to see realistic brakes for each individual car. Right now the only thing making the difference in braking power is weight. How do I know this? The NASCAR stock cars brake way too good, nothing like real life. In real life the cars have shabby brakes which combined with their weight makes for ultra long stopping distances.

High performance cars should stop better then ordinary cars but not only or because they weigh less, but because they come fitted with oversized rotors, pads, calipers, and master cylinder

Additional aftermarket ECU and data logger upgrades (i.e. the option to upgrade your data logging system. Reflect the price with the options unlocked).

Expand upon the data logging system (log more sensors).

Better analysis software. Such as MoTeC i2!

I'm a big fan of MoTeC. Great hardware and great user friendly software to go with it. I'd love to be able to bring my job to GT5. Just give me a lot of data.

Lets be honest, A vinyl editor or livery editor is probably not gonna happen. PD wants the game to be friendly for all ages. Thats why they removed the Marlboro cigarette logo from the Lancer Evo relly car, ****'d the curse words in online lobbys and blurred the Coors Light logo on the NASCARs. If you want a livery editor then the game has to come with a graphic content enabler like Black Ops has. PD cant trust people not to write foul language or put nudity on their cars. With a graphic content enabler, players can choose to view the content or not. Any players online with graphic content disabled would not be able to view the content on the vehicle. But for other players it would be visible

Another thing, drop the awful elevator music. Presentation goes a long way. Nothing saps the excitement like a soft saxaphone solo. We are about to race cars 200mph not having dinner. Bring back the cool music from pretty much every other GT game not named GT5

Oh god yeah cool music is so cool.

I think the Nascar graphic screens would be best for GT6 in terms of watching people race online, you get to see the speeds they're going at, all at the same time.

Lets be honest, A vinyl editor or livery editor is probably not gonna happen. PD wants the game to be friendly for all ages. Thats why they removed the Marlboro cigarette logo from the Lancer Evo relly car, ****'d the curse words in online lobbys and blurred the Coors Light logo on the NASCARs. If you want a livery editor then the game has to come with a graphic content enabler like Black Ops has. PD cant trust people not to write foul language or put nudity on their cars. With a graphic content enabler, players can choose to view the content or not. Any players online with graphic content disabled would not be able to view the content on the vehicle. But for other players it would be visible

Look at Forza and its rating, GT would be the same. Plus a livery editor was a listed feature at TGS 2006. Kaz also commented on it a few times, they're definitely considering it.

Better sound

More premium

More realistic trees and backround

Most important, MAKE IT HARDER TO BE RICH!! It was WAY to easy to win and get money once seasonals and other things came along!

Everything I could ever want in GT6 has already been listed, but I have one suggestion; How about having suspension setups and car weight effect tire wear? i.e. A car with a lot of camber and/or weight (or both) will go through tires at a faster rate than a lighter one w/ less camber.

IMO, that's already the case.
(notice: IMO) 👍

Once again, are you suggesting that they are not? All of my cars can have restrictor plates.

Are you saying that the powerlimiter acts as a restrictorplate?
It does NOT imo. Far far from it.
Never heard of a restrictor plate that makes up the lost Bhp with a wider and better powerband..

Last edited:
I would like to see a template car system for race cars. You buy the template which is a version of the car with an all white paint scheme. You then take it to GT auto where you can choose colors, livery schemes, numbers, and sponsors.

On-Line/Races:

I'd like to see a much better display of gaps (splits) to other cars. Something like each time you cross the finishline, you can turn on/off the option of having the entire field displayed with gaps, and if they gain/loose time on you since the last split/and or lap.

Just reading the OP makes me very excited, but understandably skeptical. With that in mind, all I want are more legitimate race series and the ability to do full seasons in them, like in F1 2010 or the EA Sports NASCAR games.

Possibly the ability to do a career with multiple seasons and get job offers (not choose a series, the game offers you a job) after or during each season in different series.

If they optimize NASCAR, WRC, LMP/GT, GT300/500, karts, lower formula classes, and hopefully F1 (not expecting Bernie to give us that) I'll pay double for GT6.

Safety cars are a must and penalties for cross pit lane line and speeding in pits just be deemed as penalties. Better weather rendering, as in half a track can have a rain, the other half bone dry.

I don't know if you guys played GTR2, there was an option to select the number of AI in the track, I think the limit was set at 40~50, I want that for Gran Turismo

Edit: Thanks spikeyhairdude for the observation 👍

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back