Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Online:
-The ability to ban certain cars from lobby
-The ability to ban someone from a lobby
-Better league support

Ability to run out of gas.
Not that free roam you said, but a drive mode with famous routes such as the autoban, route 66, and a whole lot more. Take a convertible, HAVE THE TOP DOWN, and go for a cruise on a famous route! PLEASE...
And an event creator. What it is is you use a track, select the opponenets, number of, and pp limit. Depending on track and pp limit and Number of laps, you get a certain amount of Money and XP, and you can save them.

"Auto Vista with Morgan Freeman"

Haha! Jeez, that one really made me chuckle :lol:

But in all seriousness, if PD are going to be looking at this, we need to make it a bit more realistic, and really make serious and realistic suggestions!

With that said, however, GT5 had the second biggest video game budget in history, so if that's anything to go by, maybe we will see narration by Morgan Freeman! :lol:

-Restrictor plates as an option for ALL cars.
-Penalize overrewing. (Engine damage that requires a pit stop?)
-OEM/Aftermarket Brake Discs.
-OEM/Aftermarket Brake Pads and Calipers.
-More options during Pit Stops. Ride hights, Spring rates, Camber etc. (When racing in a weather race, it's just not good enough to not be able to set up your car during a pit. Something like a menu where you choose if you want to make "advanced adjustments" added to the fuel/tyre options when entering the pits. If that requres extra time, so be it, but the option needs to be there.
-A much better tyre modelling. I'd like to see the ability to fit the car with other tyre dimesntions than OEM. I.e adding 265's to the front of a M3 CSL from the stock 235's.
And have the latteral g-forces to be calculated more accurate. Not just a simple grip multiplyer as is now.
-Tyre blistering. (Caused by overheating road tyres. Big chunks of rubber start falling off the tyre and it's like driving on clay'ish tyres.)
-FULL control over lights.. Turn indikators, headlights, full beam, fog lights (front and rear when option on the car irl).
-Ability to mount extra full beam lights on the car, and place them where you want, or at least have a few reasonable options. Like grill, roof or down below the licence plate.
-As an addition to the tyno and wind tunnel, I'd like a scale where you can see exactly how much the car weights with no fluids, all the way up to all fluids in car + driver.
-More exact ballast position editor. Like if your car is not entirely balanced with the driver in it, the ability to adjust for that with ballast. Like not only the option to move the weight forward or backwards, but to the sides as well.

I think some of these are already on the list. Ignore those if so.

Ability to run out of gas.

We already can? I was once in a NASCAR race on Daytona with some friends online, it was 200 laps and we all ran out of fuel. It was really a test of who could coast the fastest! I was leading up until we ran out of fuel... I came 2nd in the end.

We already can? I was once in a NASCAR race on Daytona with some friends online, it was 200 laps and we all ran out of fuel. It was really a test of who could coast the fastest! I was leading up until we ran out of fuel... I came 2nd in the end.

I assume he means totally run out. In GT5 when you 'run out' you can still do like 50mph I think. The engine will never die.

Why are people asking for more RM options? Why would you want to be tied down to their per-determined selection of parts and liveries, giving you one racing version of the car? What we need is a livery editor and better vehicle mod parts so we can make our own racing car out of any car and to the spec we want.

This.👍

Much better penalty system
You should only be penalised for going off the track if you gain an advantage. For example, a personal best sector time or gained position off the circuit. If you do gain a position, give us the opportunity to give the place back, if the person doesn't give up position then give a penalty.

More than in-game penalties what matters the most are account sanctions, just like iracing. Also those can easily be enforced with how the ps3 currently works (still busted when creating new psn accounts).

*new drastic and unpopular change, just like removing gt auto*
2 lobby types (or more): fun and real racing.
- In real racing there's safety rating and ladders/points. Crash lots = suspension, probably not a permanent ban but up to 3 months is fine.
- In fun racing only ladders (has to be one otherwise 10 year old kids would join real racing to gain points).
- Could be one in between with safety rating but no ladders involved, aimed mostly at shuffle races, free roam and so on, which is probably what lots of users want the most. Fun GT without kids, trolls and NFS players.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the interior cam is n your helmet, and when you turn your head (in-game) your cam looks left and right.

As far as I know, the interior cam is n your helmet, and when you turn your head (in-game) your cam looks left and right.

Or that. But I think most consider that as just 'cockpit view'.

Unless he means this kind of helmet cam.

It's not a helmet cam for the simple reason no helmet is modeled. That's a helmet camera.

race07_shot41.jpg

More Cars.
Ford Transit, Ford Raptor, More trucks, and like in Forza 4 they come out with a DLC packs with newer cars that are on the road to day, a older cool cars and With drift tracks like Ebisu.

I see where he's coming from now. A bit like TDU2 as well then.

mqdefault.jpg

Good idea. I like it. 👍

Leader board results lists for seasonal TTs that are differentiated or sorted by whether or not wheel/controller/aids/abs used.

A set bunch of AI's to race against. Not just random, meaningless names. So that if Joe Bloggs is on the grid you know you have a race on your hands but that John Doe is a pushover.

If you hit a wall at 200mph, your race is over. You killed your car and possibly yourself.

Ability to break your engine/gearbox.

If you damage your car you need to repair it and unlike Forza the cost is representative. (Once had to pay 250,000 repair bill on a 35,000 car in Forza)
If repair costs are too high, the option to write the car off.

Get rid of daily limits, create a proper trading system.

Racing Team instead of Bob's that cannot interact with you. Enter 2 cars in races. you and Bob.

Home team livery. When I design my livery I want to apply it to all my cars.

We don't need 40ish MX5's by various names. 3 or 4 will do, Maybe 1 of each name used.

The OP list.... I would drown in tears of joy if PD was to actually do ALL of that.

But then again, we all know that it is way too much for a PS3 to handle.

If using a steering wheel, the on-screen steering should be a be rotate the maximum amount the actual steering wheel can.
Ability to turn off the on-screen steering wheel.
More realistic gear change sounds (like some cars make a burble or pop sound on up-shifts etc.)

Back