Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
  • 386,158 views
I always liked the idea of engine swaps but I dont think they will put that in GT5. Engine replacement after a blown motor is more likly to be in GT5 since detailed car damage might mean cars over heating etc...

That would be nice. But if you could buy a replacement why not buy another motor and could buy motor mounts to replace you blown motor or if you just want something different? So lets say you blow the stock d16 in your honda civic (just an example) you want a different motor so you go to whatever parts store and buy let's say a . . . b18a1. You buy that motor+motor mounts+ like etc. (ecu, hoses this would be a misc parts buy.) Just an idea.
 
the Peugot that Ari Vatanen drove

405 T16, oh yes. Only two ever made, here's the one he didn't drive (on Pikes Peak itself, anyway)
3405698350_f4c3d8ba1d.jpg


And what's this?
3405700068_11a323fb52.jpg



I think I have already posted in here about engine swaps, but I have another want:

It would be awesome if they included very, very in depth tuning, like, to the extent that you specify what you want the front wings to be made of (thinking of the Mugen Civic RR that had unpainted carbon fibre front wings), what sort of air filter you want, the diameter and shape of the exhaust and all that. I suppose PD don't want to make it too complicated for those who don't know the difference between a twin scroll and a twin entry turbo (possibly a bad example as I'm one of those people!) but if there's an online car market, it will stop clones appearing as much as it might if they keep the few options they have.

For example, I want to be able to specify how big the turbo is, what the housing and impeller/turbine blades are made of, what kind of bearings it has, whether or not it has an air filter, that sort of thing. I'd like the game to show me data like how long it would last at full boost, what sort of lag you'd get, what kind of power you'd get at full boost, what full boost even is, etc.

Then to make it more technical, having variable geometry turbos that give temporarily increased boost when you press a button, but a lower PP than just having a bigger turbo, therefore giving an advantage similar to KERS in F1, anti-lag systems so you can have a big single turbo on a rally car but not be left waiting for it to wake up (the Escudo could do with this), and then, what would be really cool, is choosing how many turbos you want and how they interact with each other and the engine- Do you hybrid them, are they sequential, are they the same size? And then of course you could have a supercharger as well as a turbo, like the Lancia S4, March Super Turbo and VW's TFSI engine in the Golf GT. Then you've got BOV's, intercoolers (with or without charge cooling), manifolds, rebuilds... All that lovely stuff.

And I want PD to make some cool-sounding compressor surge effects.
 
By mistake i put this on another thread. I should have posted it here:

If i change the tyres camber angles i would like to visually notice it in replays or in the garage.
Do you remember in GT4 a Honda S2000 by Amuse with a black bonnet? You could clearly see its negative camber. Because PD made it that way by default. However if you set any other car to negative camber you could not visually notice it.

I'm fairly certain GT5P has visual changes in the suspension area. I know I've played with max and min camber/toe angles and I can definitely see a difference.
 
I can't figure out how

I use the clutch which is easier but just tryied it just then with the stock 350Z on N3's with the dual shock 3 controller.

You have to start on a bit of a hill and let the car roll back a little, then hit the throttle until the car is wheelspinning as it is still rolling back slightly and then touch the brake lightly, don't mash the brake full otherwise it drowns out the engine but just enough to hold the car.

All this has to be done quickly otherwise the car will creep will spinning, it will be easier on higher powered cars also.


With the clutch you don't actually need to the hill, if you are fast enough you can do it on the flat, the reason you can't without the clutch is because GT is simulating clutch release and rides the clutch slightly which means it takes longer for wheelspin to happen, in other words by the time the tyres spin the car is already moving forward so the brakes don't stop the car fully.


It's nice when you get it at a standstill because then you can modulate the throttle and have fun, too bad you can't fill the air with smoke and blow the tyres :p

I think I have already posted in here about engine swaps, but I have another want:

It would be awesome if they included very, very in depth tuning, like, to the extent that you specify what you want the front wings to be made of (thinking of the Mugen Civic RR that had unpainted carbon fibre front wings), what sort of air filter you want, the diameter and shape of the exhaust and all that. I suppose PD don't want to make it too complicated for those who don't know the difference between a twin scroll and a twin entry turbo (possibly a bad example as I'm one of those people!) but if there's an online car market, it will stop clones appearing as much as it might if they keep the few options they have.

For example, I want to be able to specify how big the turbo is, what the housing and impeller/turbine blades are made of, what kind of bearings it has, whether or not it has an air filter, that sort of thing. I'd like the game to show me data like how long it would last at full boost, what sort of lag you'd get, what kind of power you'd get at full boost, what full boost even is, etc.

Then to make it more technical, having variable geometry turbos that give temporarily increased boost when you press a button, but a lower PP than just having a bigger turbo, therefore giving an advantage similar to KERS in F1, anti-lag systems so you can have a big single turbo on a rally car but not be left waiting for it to wake up (the Escudo could do with this), and then, what would be really cool, is choosing how many turbos you want and how they interact with each other and the engine- Do you hybrid them, are they sequential, are they the same size? And then of course you could have a supercharger as well as a turbo, like the Lancia S4, March Super Turbo and VW's TFSI engine in the Golf GT. Then you've got BOV's, intercoolers (with or without charge cooling), manifolds, rebuilds... All that lovely stuff.

And I want PD to make some cool-sounding compressor surge effects.


Yeah I always hoped for this kind of thing but I always want to tune and make my own fuel and ignition maps, adjust carbys the whole hog, but I just can't see this stuff ever happening in GT.

I'm fairly certain GT5P has visual changes in the suspension area. I know I've played with max and min camber/toe angles and I can definitely see a difference.

Yep, I can often see at the start of online races who has the suspension as low as possible and who has lots of camber (3+ degrees) or cars sitting infront of me. GT4 you could also notice it just the same, garage or race/replay
 
Last edited:
With the recent post on engine swaps and much more indepth tuning. What if they actually did models of the engines and tuner parts etc. Nothing to detailed but general overview certainly enough to tell most engines appart. Especially all parts that are visiable from exterior view. Also they really need to improve the sounds a minimum of 2 fold from prologue hopefully more. Would like abilty to start car motor while in garage mode and maybe on standing starts or if mechanical damage or shifting in wrong gear kills the motor. Then if they really wanted to do it right some used cars might be a little hard to start. Lets not forget that they need to let us select all the parts that we want then check out. Please do not make us pay and confirm each and every part before it is added to are car. Also want to have to pay for sets of tires. You should not get a life time supply. However they can have it where you can specify maybe up to 10 sets etc that you can buy all at once. Also when running record laps they should have the option to have tire damage on. Would be nice to see what tire combination will let you go the most laps. I am guessing that GT5 will have a lot more 10 plus lap races. Also hope that they have mini endurance races for all tracks ( 4 to 12 hours ). Basically GT5 needs to be as good as possible and provide enough content to last until at least 2015. I would not expect another GT for PS3 especially with download content.
 
DTM cars are not bodkitted road cars they are silhouettes. They are not modified road cars or based on the cars they look like. I would much prefer just to pick my own body parts to suit the style of racing I want the car to take part in. I wouldn't mind if race mods came back as pre-set kits but it would be needlessly restrictive imo.
I'm curious as to what you mean. I think we're on the same page with wanting race mod to create race cars which are specced to different racing leagues, such as DTM, WRC, ALMS, BTCC, SCCA classes etc.

Something which would be almost as good to me would be for every race car to come in a blank black body as the special cars in GT4 which we could livery up as we pleased. With window decals too, please. I do prefer the idea of taking a new or used car like a Supra Mk IV, Ford GT, BMW M3 or Ferrari 355 Challenge to a racing modification shop, as we tend to identify more closely with cars we work up on our own rather than buy outright. But since a LeMans or Formula 1 car would have to be purchased anyway, blank racers would be a satisfactory system for me.

Oh, and +1 for engine swaps, why not? It's not that different from modding an engine up. Racing engines, anyone?
 
I they went that route, I can just imagine the number of Toyota AE86s with that 11,000 RPM redline engine in it. You know the one I'm talking about.
 
405 T16,


I think I have already posted in here about engine swaps, but I have another want:

It would be awesome if they included very, very in depth tuning, like, to the extent that you specify what you want the front wings to be made of (thinking of the Mugen Civic RR that had unpainted carbon fibre front wings), what sort of air filter you want, the diameter and shape of the exhaust and all that. I suppose PD don't want to make it too complicated for those who don't know the difference between a twin scroll and a twin entry turbo (possibly a bad example as I'm one of those people!) but if there's an online car market, it will stop clones appearing as much as it might if they keep the few options they have.

For example, I want to be able to specify how big the turbo is, what the housing and impeller/turbine blades are made of, what kind of bearings it has, whether or not it has an air filter, that sort of thing. I'd like the game to show me data like how long it would last at full boost, what sort of lag you'd get, what kind of power you'd get at full boost, what full boost even is, etc.

Then to make it more technical, having variable geometry turbos that give temporarily increased boost when you press a button, but a lower PP than just having a bigger turbo, therefore giving an advantage similar to KERS in F1, anti-lag systems so you can have a big single turbo on a rally car but not be left waiting for it to wake up (the Escudo could do with this), and then, what would be really cool, is choosing how many turbos you want and how they interact with each other and the engine- Do you hybrid them, are they sequential, are they the same size? And then of course you could have a supercharger as well as a turbo, like the Lancia S4, March Super Turbo and VW's TFSI engine in the Golf GT. Then you've got BOV's, intercoolers (with or without charge cooling), manifolds, rebuilds... All that lovely stuff.

And I want PD to make some cool-sounding compressor surge effects.

I totally agree with you on everything except the turbo part. Thats insanely detailed. I think the size of the turbo is a great idea. But to make up for that tuning on the Dyno should be an option, because once you put power adders on there EVERYONE has the same Hp and Torque. But this whole giant tuning platform would be huge and probably could never happen. But hey i can wish :dopey:
 
I would like to see other then cars maybe some sexy girls on the started line of a race grid.
 
I have a great idea 4 gt5 !!!!

i want kazunori 2 make an ability 2 save a game in the middle of the race via (Pit stop) specially for (24hour racing events) so i can continue the same race later when i load the game then i continue my laps in the middle same race

coz in gt4 im was so tired when i finish the (24hour racing event) in 8 hour (with B-spec mode)using a forward option


ok guyz..........is it a great idea ??
 
What we need is some sexy girls washing our cars! :lol:
 
I have a great idea for gt5 !!!!

I want Kazunori to make an ability to save a game in the middle of the race via (Pit stop) specially for (24 hour racing events) so I can continue the same race later when I load the game then I continue my laps in the middle same race

Because in gt4 I was so tired when I finish the (24 hour racing event) in 8 hour (with B-spec mode)using a forward option


Ok guys..........is it a great idea ??

Its a great idea, unfortunately you weren't the first (or only one) to think of it.


What we need is some sexy girls washing our cars! :lol:

Genius :sly:
 
I submit my vote for flag girls, sponsor girls and promotional girls. :)
 
I'm curious as to what you mean. I think we're on the same page with wanting race mod to create race cars which are specced to different racing leagues, such as DTM, WRC, ALMS, BTCC, SCCA classes etc.
I was referring to the idea of picking your own body kit part by part as opposed to the pre-set body kits we had in GT1 and GT2. I wouldn't be against having the race mods back as they were, it's still better than nothing, but in this day and age I see no reason why they couldn't let us create our cars and choose which bumper, splitters, wing etc we want to use. With that choice you could then create a car that not only uses the right parts but also looks the part for whatever type of racing you've built it for.

Something which would be almost as good to me would be for every race car to come in a blank black body as the special cars in GT4 which we could livery up as we pleased. With window decals too, please. I do prefer the idea of taking a new or used car like a Supra Mk IV, Ford GT, BMW M3 or Ferrari 355 Challenge to a racing modification shop, as we tend to identify more closely with cars we work up on our own rather than buy outright. But since a LeMans or Formula 1 car would have to be purchased anyway, blank racers would be a satisfactory system for me.
Definitely agreed, that's one thing I was dissapointed with in the Forza games, you can't paint the race cars or most of them at least. They should give us the option to set a race car to a single colour with no sponsors and then let us use it in a paint shop / decal editor.

Oh, and +1 for engine swaps, why not? It's not that different from modding an engine up. Racing engines, anyone?
I don't want to get anyones hopes up but I'm sure a while back Kaz said he would like engine swaps to be in GT5. Saying he'd like them to be in and them actually being in are two different things though.
 
I'm not sure if anyone's said this, but I would like to have unlimited space in my garage. Maybe even make a way to put cars in different categories(like separate them into brands and things like on an mp3 player)

Here is an example as to what I am trying to say:
My Garage>Chevrolet>Chevrolet Corvette C2 '62>Get In

(A little plug for my favorite Vette)
 
Thats available in GT4, so it should also be in 5, at least i hope so.
 
After 156 pages, the chances of new ideas surfacing are about the same as the Big Bang.

However:

Be able to watch online races from the grandstands (with your custom made race driver) and socialize with other viewers via text or voice chat.

Photomode for saved online replays.
 
After 156 pages, the chances of new ideas surfacing are about the same as the Big Bang.

However:

Be able to watch online races from the grandstands (with your custom made race driver) and socialize with other viewers via text or voice chat.

Photomode for saved online replays.

Maybe this could be incorperated into Home
 
I'm not sure if anyone's said this, but I would like to have unlimited space in my garage. Maybe even make a way to put cars in different categories(like separate them into brands and things like on an mp3 player)

Here is an example as to what I am trying to say:
My Garage>Chevrolet>Chevrolet Corvette C2 '62>Get In

(A little plug for my favorite Vette)

I've suggested similar things in the past. To my way of thinking we should be able to create entirely seperate garages based on our whims (i.e one garage for all your Mazdas, one for all your Le Mans cars, one for your DTMs, one for JGTCs etc.) and I think the best way to do this is create a system where you just make folders just like on a computer.
 
I submit my vote for flag girls, sponsor girls and promotional girls. :)

Good, but at the same time we dont want NEED FOR SPEED game
 
Thats available in GT4, so it should also be in 5, at least i hope so.
I know that but that just organized the list. Basically I think it would be nice to set it up so only the manufacturers are listed. Than you select which manufacturer and it will show what cars are in that section. I like Hyst's idea as well as sorting them by discipline.
 
But you have a manufacturer dropdown in GT4.
You can say in the garage that it only shows Nissan for example.
 
How about in gt5 create your only team and create your how driver that will be nice to see in gt5 world
 
Good, but at the same time we dont want NEED FOR SPEED game

All the girls, majorettes, pit mechanics and spectators are just part of those "HUMAN ELEMENT" which was so advertised by KY himself back in 2006, aren't they?
 
TEN THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN GT5
-wheel/rim size options
-choose your tyre profiles/trye width and brand name.
-better looking spoilers
-working reverse lights
-roll cage installation to protect the car from damage in a flip/roll over
-vissual muffler upgrades
-different brand name parts to choose from
-more tuner cars
-a more realistic car wash
-to stop and save in the middle a race then continue from same point
 
Last edited:
:lol: Nice one VIPERGTSR01. Then we should option it up with one of those old school horns that sound like "Arrooooooga!"

Oh wow I didn't expect anyone to get it, trust it be a aussie :D
 
Back