Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
  • 386,159 views
^And a greasy salesmen talking up the trunk space...
 
I would love to see this Supra in GT. The mine's is there in all it's glory but that Supra...woowww i've always loved those cars. Even now to even concieve that it's design was originally engineered in the early 90's is remarkable. Still a striking vehicle IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqrTAqWkWvY
 
Last edited:
Airplanes in the sky.
Storms coming from the clouds.
Puddle on the road after raining.

If you go to the Circuit De La Sarthe 24 Hours (either one) you can see, after a few seconds of driving, about 8 planes in a triangle formation fly with three blue smoke trails, red on the other side and white right in the middle...
 
I would like to see rear lights, brake lights and headlights visible at much greater distance than the cars themselves, when conditions and visibility get bad. If we are to have rain and night, not to mention fog, then this should really be implemented.
 
I'd like to see more gradual progression through the game. When I was playing GT Prologue, I felt like I wasn't progressing through the game but rather constantly saving up money to get the next car. If the cars were unlocked gradually, the progress would feel much more satisfying and I'd have a reason to keep paying because I'd want to see what car I would get next rather than playing the same race over and over to earn money.
Also, something that resembles a training mode would be nice. The game doesn't do a very good job of teaching you how to drive. I've never driven a racing car in real life and haven't played that many racing games before GT, so when I first picked up GT:P, I was terrible. But the worst part is that after playing the game for about a month, the cars got better but my skills stayed pretty much the same. The blue line on the road helped a bit but not a lot. I want to feel like I'm getting better, I want to feel good playing a game . . . but maybe its just me.
 
Yeah variable weather conditions would be amazing, i vaguely remember the wet special stage 5 in GT3. But items like wind, black ice on the rally roads, and various types of precipitation would be amazing.
 
I want to see online endurance races. Maybe with a B-spec as an option if you dont want to race for 24h without sleep. Dont know how PD would make such race but maybe with a mandatory amount of hours in B-spec for everyone, then its up to you to decide how to organize your race.
 
Just a bit of detail i missed out, what about water jets for cleaning the windscreen and headlights ?.These would be filled up during pit stops & maintenance time in rallying in dusty or bad weather.
 
Last edited:
-Custom liveries and changeable body kits.
-Rain, fog, WINDSHIELD WIPERS.
-Day and night transitions and functioning headlights (so all you can see in pitch black is whatever your headlights shine on)
-Horns
-Drag racing
-More point to point races instead of just circuits.
-Cars actually get dirty with more use
 
The best paint shop on any game.
Mechanics actualy fitting parts onto your car.
Number plate editor.
 
2 isn't going to happen. 3, why?
 
I want to see tire marks that are formed by cars in the race.
 
@ ZANELLE this isn't real life, mate, you can't have it all (yet). becides, number plates change with each reigon in some countries. and in the states, the plate is associated with the driver, not the car.

the reason he mentioned it is because some games have a vanity-plate customization routine (Midnight Club 3 comes to mind)
 
Multi-Ethnic Drivers(should have choices) and Crew, not ALL of us are Caucasian Males.
Large Pic.
http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/05/01/50140_orig.jpg

While youre absolutely right, i never wouldve noticed this.
When watching a real NASCAR race i also dont notice how many not-white-people are there (mostly because i dont care, human is human).

Arent there black spectators in London for example? I never paid attention to this.
 
about this multi etnic people you make me wonder onde thing..
for me like tourist trophy you will be able to select player and customize with helmet and dress, in tourist trophy there was cuz you could see driver, now in gt5 where you can see the interior of the car, you see also driver so it will be normal have a driver editor like in TT...
for me would be a fun feature..
 
Okay, craste, this post was just completely wrong.
 
This has been mentioned by numerous people, but worth throwing this in because it is that important.

Visible tuning in TUNE menu garage.
When you are in TUNE menu, car should be visible. When lowering the car in the suspension menu, the car should be lower as well on the same menu screen. Same thing goes to camber, and wings!
 
An insurance rep to come to a scene of an accident to access the damage done. Then he/she writes you a check if the car is totaled and you're not in the fault.

Too much for GT5?
 
That wouldn't be realistic since insurance companies don't cover racing incidents.
 
^Did the SMS guy say that also after saying roll-cages in WRC are unrealistic?

J/K

But seriously that would be hilarious if GT5 wasted time on what I said.
 
Rather than the usual tracks, why not have a classic piece of real road, there are some awesome roads in the world just itching to be raced on......
 
I would really like to see some of the arcade tracks from GT2 that wasn't playable in simulation mode like Rome Night(really good track)..far as cars go,putting in another cobra besides the Cobra R would be nice..something like a 2003-2004 Cobra or atleast a Saleen S-281.Oh yeah and better exhaust note for the cars. Sub-tuning could be a big advancement, for example there would be a retarded requirement race like no more than 396hp is allowed and u buy a car and try to tune it to the requirements but always either go over or way lower..then you have to hope the fastest car on the track isn't a NSX lol but having the option to raise or lower the psi on a turbo or fine tuning a certain part could easily help with these types of situations.
 
^^^ :lol: I remember that race!

Dynamic weather conditions would have to be my first priority, then day/night cycles to make those 24hr races a little more realistic.
 
Haha the pod race was a total classic
 
Back