Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
  • 386,159 views
DONT KNOW if its been mentioned before but id LOVE to see a sort of Gallery/Showcase type thing in the car purchase screen, like to have a choice of the beautiful automated display and to be able to "grab the car" zoom in, turn it around, go inside, pop the hood and TEST drives, who buys a car these days without TEST DRIVING IT?

yeah word, the camera in GT4 when in chase mode, looks like its pasted to the back of the car:crazy: I liked GT3's and gt2's cameras. it was freer and was changeable in gt2.

I'm saying tho, it should be adjustable height and zoom level, especially in the cockpit view , some cars in GT5p like the Alfa Romeo hatchback are almost undriveable cuz of the monster dash.

But if character customization is available then the cockpit view should be aligned with your height.
 
Last edited:
I think it would be cool if there was an online "ride along" feature, where two people can ride in the same car.

You could teach racing lines, technique, or even drifting with microphone communication... rather like when Jackie Stewart taught James May fast track driving:

 
one thing i would LOVE is being able to change the settings in ALL FOUR CORNERS OF THE CAR... plus adjusting tire pressure, weight in each corner (and have nose, rear, cross percents)<< this would help grreatly at daytona. theres no point in adding nascar if u cant set the car up right... Im the biggest nascar fan but if i cant setup the car to turn left theres no point in adding nascar.
 
For me: more realistic AI, damage, day/night cycles, weather, a more inclusive (in some way) b-spec mode and a better b-spec driver than Bob!
 
What would be nice is an idea borrowed from Forza, i.e. when you win a car, then that car is available for purchase. Have you guys and girls any idea how bloody long it took me to get a Pearl Grey E type? Then you add in the problem when a car with more then one colour scheme is awarded as a prize in a licence test, like the RX-8 concept in GT4
 
I think it would be cool if there was an online "ride along" feature, where two people can ride in the same car.

You could teach racing lines, technique, or even drifting with microphone communication... rather like when Jackie Stewart taught James May fast track driving:



Very good idea, but how would it work? :crazy:
 
We have a or had a great photomode in GT4 and I would like to see that return with perhaps a few more options and filters.

Also, I'd like to see some kind of replay director so the user is able to control every angle of their replay. I felt that replay's got a bit stale in GT4 as they were always from the same angle every two laps (not that I didn't like them).
Oh and being able to upload your replays to some kind of GT replay site or Youtube would be even better.
 
One thing i would like back that was missed out in Prologue is backfires from the car. They were in gt4, so hopefully they will be back for gt5.
3032298673_f11152371f.jpg

^See the 205^
Also, this feature looks to be in GT PSP, because the enzo seemed to do it in this video.
 
When I press gas and brake simultaneously in a RWD car I want that the rear wheels spin like it would do in real life. At the moment pressing gas and brake at the same time act like a neutral gear.
They should add neutral and reverse to the transmission.(R,N,1,2,3,4,5...) I want to be able to reverse without pressing triangle button and to be in neutral just by downshifting.
 
Last edited:
Handbrake acts like a neutral gear, the brake pedal doesn't.

I definitely want to reverse without pressing the triangle button, I nearly always try to down shift to reverse first.
 
Handbrake acts like a neutral gear, the brake pedal doesn't.

Well try it yourself you will see. When you press gas and brake simutaneously in a RWD car (take a corvette for example) you just rev up the engine. The rear wheels don't spin like it would do in real life. So yes it does act like a neutral gear like the handbrake.
 
a virtual home/garage.. then you can invite your friends and talk about your races!
 
- improved AI
- Damage
- weather changes
- training sequence and qualification (skippable) for all races

And now I'm starting to dream, but since they have stepped up the plate to fit 16 cars in a race now, I'd want longer races in which you need a pitstop and pitstop strategies really matter.

- fuel load matters
- tires matter
- interchangeable weather as said before
- a warm up lap to warm the tires before the race

And as icing on the cake:
- Grid girls before you start your engine :D
 
- improved AI
- Damage
- weather changes
- training sequence and qualification (skippable) for all races

And now I'm starting to dream, but since they have stepped up the plate to fit 16 cars in a race now, I'd want longer races in which you need a pitstop and pitstop strategies really matter.

- fuel load matters
- tires matter
- interchangeable weather as said before
- a warm up lap to warm the tires before the race

And as icing on the cake:
- Grid girls before you start your engine
:D

I had same idea actually:drool:, i think there is a possibility of this actually, considering how many charachters were on screen at one time in the GT5 E3 09 trailer. Then again some people may not be happy, unless we have true to life interchangeable breast implants for the babes:lol:.
 
Driver changes during the 24hr enduros. If B-Spec Bob returns (hopefully going through the license processes as we all had to) then the game should animate an actual driver change when handing over the reigns to Bob. And after a period of time, Bob's times get higher, and his attention to the racing line deteriorates, necessitating another driver change to the player or some other AI named Rob.
 
Driver A, driver B, Driver C, thats all we need. But yeah nice idea! When you swich from B-Spec to A-spec (or other way around) at the pits, there should be longer pits where drivers switch with animation! it be the cool
 
You should be able to do that online in enduros... imagine doing an online 24h event, with two other players, and you can switch in the pits. THAT would be cool.
 
would like to be able to hire a mechanic to tune my cars for me on the new game
 
What about race commentry i.e. Murray Walker go go go :D.
 
It probably has already be posted. I would like to race a 24hr race with two or more
people , just like in real 24hr races!:)👍
 
When I press gas and brake simultaneously in a RWD car I want that the rear wheels spin like it would do in real life. At the moment pressing gas and brake at the same time act like a neutral gear.
They should add neutral and reverse to the transmission.(R,N,1,2,3,4,5...) I want to be able to reverse without pressing triangle button and to be in neutral just by downshifting.

You can do 'burnouts' in GT, but burnouts don't work how you said, the cars in real life that burnout by pressing the brake and accelerator, have special 'cut lines' for the rear brakes, but basically to do a proper burnout in a normal car, and in GT, get a powerful RWD car, put r3 tyres on the front, and n1 tyres on the back brakes most on the front and least on the back, 'feather' the brakes and keep it on full throttle it takes a little fiddling around, but you will do a burnout.

A really easy way of doing it, is by getting an FF car hold on to the hand brake, and the accelerator, and bam, front wheels are spinning, the back ones are locked. Burnout! :)
 
Last edited:
Hi, I've noticed that the gauges on GT5P are below par compared to rfactor, NFS Shift and even Midnight Club LA. compared with the PC simulator GT5P had less sharpness and "photo realistic" look besides, only speedometer and tachometer turbo boost are functioning.

I am a GT die hard fan since 1997, but I am a bit disappointed about the quality of the instrument cluster visiually and technically.

P.S. Im also a flight simmer and I have some add on software (PSS Concord, Wilco PIC 737) just to name a few that authentically depicts the real instrument panel of the aircraft to the point that it is hard differentiate between the real photo and the sim.

Regards,
 
Working windscreen wipers on rainy day???

Possible tyre puncture(in case of hitting something on the track)... and many more for me to think about...
 
In the showroom, we should be able to control the camera and please let there be the ability to open the doors and hood.
 
Back