Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I like drag strip (not like the GT4 version) more like the Forza version where you can have up to 1 mile drag strip - its nice for a change from circuit racing just for some laughs with a friend and bragging rights :)

You know what is intresting to witness from todays perspective? Every single issue tackled in the OP has already been met by PD for GT5.

Look at this:

Crash Dynamics..
Day to Night to Day transitions....
Time of Day changes
Weather Transitions
Track Condition changes
Tuning
Cars
Races
Tracks
AI
UI
More on Damage, and why it should be in the game....

Read the OP for full description of above and see for yourself :)

I'd like some mods added to the Photo mode... I wanna open the car's doors, bonnet and boot. I wanna be able to turn the lights on or off regardless of time of day of the photo session (I mean in photo travel) and I also want to be able to place more than one car in any given setting (e.g in the Red Bull hanger, I want to place the Red Bull Audi DTM, Red Bull F1 car, Red Bull Citroen, and the X1) also I want some control over the driver's gear (helmet, overalls, etc) and finally picking the number of the race modded cars (my fav number is 16, my girlfriend's birthday, what's urs? ;) ) cant think of anything else

I would absolutely love to see that road that top gear labelled as the best driving road in the world: The Stelvio Pass :P

stock-photo-stelvio-pass-50971177.jpg

I don't know if this has been suggested before but I'd like to be able to change the design on my crash helmet.

I'd like some mods added to the Photo mode... I wanna open the car's doors, bonnet and boot. I wanna be able to turn the lights on or off regardless of time of day of the photo session (I mean in photo travel) and I also want to be able to place more than one car in any given setting (e.g in the Red Bull hanger, I want to place the Red Bull Audi DTM, Red Bull F1 car, Red Bull Citroen, and the X1)

Turning lights on and off will be possible. More than one car in photo travel is somewhat confirmed, as we've seen 4 Fiat's 500 in one photo (not from race)

I'm sure it's been mentioned in 198 pages, but playing Prologue today reminded me; PD, surely it's not hard to give us a recorded acceleration test. Like the 400M, but the timer stops as soon as we hit certain intervals (mph or kph). Certainly I'm not the only one who think it'd be very handy.

A sensible online lobby system ala Forza 2. The one in Forza 3 was a total let down for me, as it didn't have searchable public lobbies with custom rules.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in 198 pages, but playing Prologue today reminded me; PD, surely it's not hard to give us a recorded acceleration test. Like the 400M, but the timer stops as soon as we hit certain intervals (mph or kph). Certainly I'm not the only one who think it'd be very handy.

Or better, a test which at the end gives complete numerical and graphical data about the car performance. Something like:

Reaction time

0-60 Km/h
0-100 Km/h
0-130 Km/h
0-160 Km/h
0-200 Km/h
[...]

0-100 m
0-200 m
0-400 m
0-1000 m
0-1600 m
[...]

[speed vs time chart]
[distance vs time chart]
[power vs speed chart]
[thrust vs speed chart]
[...]

what i´d really want was the possibility to select which items to have in screen. for example in cockpit view i´d like to choose if i want to see or not the lap number/time, speed, in what place am i, the map.... all those digital things that don´t belong to the car.

Or better, a test which at the end gives complete numerical and graphical data about the car performance. Something like:

Reaction time

0-60 Km/h
0-100 Km/h
0-130 Km/h
0-160 Km/h
0-200 Km/h
[...]

0-100 m
0-200 m
0-400 m
0-1000 m
0-1600 m
[...]

[speed vs time chart]
[distance vs time chart]
[power vs speed chart]
[thrust vs speed chart]
[...]

I would like this system. Throw in 2 sizes of skidpad and a slalom and a balanced track and you optimal testing grounds to me. Creat your own Road&Track series.

Reaction time

0-60 Km/h
0-100 Km/h
0-130 Km/h
0-160 Km/h
0-200 Km/h
[...]

0-100 m
0-200 m
0-400 m
0-1000 m
0-1600 m
[...]

[speed vs time chart]
[distance vs time chart]
[power vs speed chart]
[thrust vs speed chart]
[...]

👍

The old Data Logger in GT3 was a step in the right direction, but something displaying these stats specifically would be awesome. Like Nish said, it'd be easier to do your own faux-magazine; something I did back in the GT2 and GT3 days, but it was a huge pain to constantly pause/X/pause/X to get to the right increments.

I wonder if we can drive the go carts with the trucks from GT4. :nervous:

I'm willing to bet actual money that karts will be limited to kart-only races.

I want to see a forza style 'proving ground' with parking lots, warehouses and roads filled with debris that where we can chuck our cars about, maybe an old industrial estate or abandoned racetrack with an oval, pits and parking lots!

I want to see a forza style 'proving ground' with parking lots, warehouses and roads filled with debris that where we can chuck our cars about, maybe an old industrial estate or abandoned racetrack with an oval, pits and parking lots!

That sounds great, may I add an underground car park complete with hollow sound or a dark and narrow backalley section with tin trashcans and cardboard boxes perhaps?

A re-cap of key moments during your race. Kinda like watching ESPN just replays of just key moments in the race. Most sports games have it. Would allow you to see well timed passes, crashes and the final grid positions, instead of having to watch all the full replay and hope you don't miss anything looking in the wrong place.

Of course the full replay would only be a click away.

A re-cap of key moments during your race. Kinda like watching ESPN just replays of just key moments in the race. Most sports games have it. Would allow you to see well timed passes, crashes and the final grid positions, instead of having to watch all the full replay and hope you don't miss anything looking in the wrong place.

Of course the full replay would only be a click away.

That would be pretty damned complicated you know! But I hope we get a replay rewind feature. I'm almost 100% sure will will though!

what i´d really want was the possibility to select which items to have in screen. for example in cockpit view i´d like to choose if i want to see or not the lap number/time, speed, in what place am i, the map.... all those digital things that don´t belong to the car.

This.

Some of us still have plasma screens... on my one I have the lap time record information burnt onto the right hand side of the screen... I don't always want to see this information anyway.

That would be pretty damned complicated you know! But I hope we get a replay rewind feature. I'm almost 100% sure will will though!

Yeah I know it would be very complicated, not expecting it to happen. I would like to see it though, would be great after an endurance race to just see key points of the race, instead of having to watch an hour plus of replay.

I want to have a two player photo mode option. I cant even count how many time me and my friends have made awesome moves or done really cool tandem drifts.

Latest Posts

Back