Think u r good in GT4? Think again! 5min34sec ride of ur life!

• Thread starter shin8
  • 234 comments
Dragonmaster
The record on the Nordschleife by now is 4'59.112 done by Rudi Raser with a Sauber C9. My current record is 5'00.151.

You can see the times at the database of the german GTRP Forum.

Can you post a video about your 5'00.151? That would be awesome to see:tup:

here is my bro's new record picture !! :dopey:

GT-4S_recoder.jpg

Download site - 1

Download site - 2

Download site - 3

Download site - 4

Download site - 5

Download site - 6

Download site - 7

Download site - 8

Download site - 9

Download site - 10

Download site - 11

Download site - 12

Download site - 13

Download site - 14

its hard to compare real life and game couse you cant get your self killed in game..or can you??and you dont have g-forces pushing you around and and and so on so on...

F310B
Just thought I'd offer some defense in Schumacher's name here. I should point out, there is no reason to think that the McLaren Senna drove in 1993 was any slower than the Benetton Schumacher drove. The statement: 'Senna's car had an inferior engine therefore Senna's car was inferior' does not really hold if you think about it.

Senna's McLaren was a little down on power but then his McLaren had the best electronic driver aids - launch control, active control, traction control in the field. So good were these driver aids compared to Williams, Benetton, and other teams, that Senna was able to make the best start of anyone and be passing 2 or 3 people before the first corner, and never lost a place off the startline himself. The traction control also gave him better grip in all slow or medium speed corners.

At his famous first lap drive at Donington in 1993, Senna had the best car in those conditions. Senna had the most refined traction control in the field, along with various lesser driver aids. Schumacher's Benetton didn't have several of those aids, and didn't even have traction control - that came 3 races later at Monaco.

As for Schumacher having little competition - drivers like Prost, Piquet, Mansell were quoted. Schumacher drove his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th races as Piquet's teammate. He outpaced Piquet in qualifying every single time, outqualifying him every time except the final race where Schumacher's gearbox was playing up in qualifying, costing him half a second on his fastest lap.

So the points I made are:
-you cannot say with any certainty that the 1993 McLaren was inferior to the 1993 Benetton.
-when you say Schumacher did not have Prost, Piquet, the 3+ WDCs to compete against, you should bear in mind that rookie Schumacher destroyed Piquet in 1991.

Actually the 1992/1993 Williams electronic systems were far more advanced than any other car on the grid at the time, McLaren had only began experimenting with the electronic aids & were a little further behind than even Benetton who had been working on the 1993 car since the start of 1992. Benetton only hired Patrese from Williams as he knew how to get the most out of Active Suspension since Williams had been testing it since 1991 & ran it thorughout 1992. It was estimated at the time that the Ford engine McLaren were using was over 50BHP slower than the new Pnumatic (Spelling) Valve spec engine Benetton had. Senna even thretened to go to Indycar as he felt that he wasn't fighting on a level playing field, it was this & protests from smaller teams that led to the drivers aids been banned for 1994. This is what makes Senna's 5 wins in 1993 so special the fact that the McLaren was on average over 1 second a lap slower than the Williams & just under half a second slower than the Benetton untill mid-season when McLaren got the a similar if not the same engine as Benetton. To answer another post on another page Schumacher's 1st pole was Monaco 1994, he couldn't got close to Senna in Qualifying & Senna had pole's in every race on 1994 that he drove in.

I just watched that video and all I can say is, he's only at the apex 1 out of 5 or 6 corners.

cb1021
here's video orginally posted by loungebar. for the ones who were unable to download.

www.tdotaquaria.ca/gt4-best14.wmv

i dont have GT4 yet, so i can only watch other ppl play. :noes:

first post :dopey:

Thanks a bundle! I was out of town all weekend and the link still worked! :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it was just posted today, but thanks! btw, that was one quick damn lap.

about that last link -- my computer doesn't move that fast! lol wow, he must've practiced for a while with that car, AND I wan to know his gears numbers!! pushing 370km/h is VERY impressive!!

I just wanted to say to those who compared LeMans without chicanes to the version used back in 1983, that you can't compare. In 1983 the Dunlop chicane wasn't even built.

Yes, the game is pretty unrealistic on the Ring with lap times under 5min. It is UNPOSSIBLE in real life, whatever the car you are using to make a lap under 5min.

The 956 is still the holder of the record, and belive it or not, but I don't see any car beating that. The Sauber C9 or C11 would probably not beat it, I think about the R8, but so low that it would break the suspensions and the car on the bumps.

The 956 had big venturi effect, awesome rear wing and in 1983 during this 6'11'' lap it was with hard tyres by a temp of less than 10°C so not the best conditions.

Back